Author Topic: Mystery schools  (Read 44238 times)

December 16, 2014, 07:38:54 PM
Reply #75

Merlin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I'm definitely interested! Either option sounds fine to me, though I'm making very slow progress in the IIH; completing a step per week would be too optimistic for my timeframe, but I would love to read and discuss them anyway.
"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" -George Bernard Shaw

December 17, 2014, 01:00:50 PM
Reply #76

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I just want to stop by and agree that a week per step is far too short.

Most of the practices build on each other, and if they are not mastered, then there is no guarantee that future practices will work as intended, and the moment that your practices become ineffective is the moment your progress becomes dubious. What's more, if you rush ahead you will put yourself at risk because of your own imprecision. Maybe this will take the form of making clairvoyance lotion with a fire element corrupted by some vice. Maybe this will take the form of accepting daydream and hallucination as true perception or communication due to an uncontrolled mind. Whatever the case, it is not good.

I think that specific timelines for development often do more harm than good, but I am personally skeptical of anyone claiming to have spent less than several months on each step - just to be sure, if nothing else.
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

December 19, 2014, 12:48:35 AM
Reply #77

Liberty

• View Profile
I'm new here but I'd love to take part in the IIH discussion group.  I'm assuming Tradition doesn't intend to try to actually spiritually master the whole book in ten weeks, but to simply discuss a chapter every week so we can all understand it better?