Author Topic: Forum Dynamic Issue  (Read 2913 times)

February 18, 2008, 05:41:13 PM
Read 2913 times

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    "Receive and transmit..."
    • View Profile
I had already brought up the issue of the possible issue with the forum-- posts being mysteriously moved/deleted, etc.  I can not say if this is even related, but I am definitely NOT imagining this because you can see for yourself.
These are screen shots I just made.  Please, look carefully at the dates in the highlighted areas.  The first image is how the index appears right now, and the second page is how that particular forum appears inside.  Note that the most recent posts from both images do not even match.
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.
Tefeari: The Giant Impact Hypothesis is a theory

February 18, 2008, 06:57:04 PM
Reply #1

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
It doesn't appear like that on my end, although I believe you that you are not imagining it.  I have run a routine to update all the forum statistics (which includes things like "most recent post in a forum") and correct database errors (it corrected four, but unrelated to this issue).  If that doesn't resolve it, then I would need to figure out why it shows something different for you than for others.  I checked your profile settings but did not see anything that looked like it could lead to that.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

February 18, 2008, 07:11:06 PM
Reply #2

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    "Receive and transmit..."
    • View Profile
Seems to be working now.
Firefox is set to clear all its temporary files when it closes.  Unless it does not actually do what I want, then I do not think the cache has to do with this.
The only thing I did not do is check to see if the same error appeared with a different browser.
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.
Tefeari: The Giant Impact Hypothesis is a theory

February 18, 2008, 07:13:51 PM
Reply #3

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
[isn't here]My screen showed exactly what Solstice's did an hour ago. Now it is back to normal. I was and am using firefox. [/isn't here]
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/