Author Topic: An animal and a Man  (Read 12684 times)

February 06, 2008, 05:36:00 AM
Read 12684 times

Saer

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
An animal and a Man

Man: Animal, why do you tempt me?

animal: Because you do not yet understand.

Man: What causes you to take advantage of my ignorance?

animal: Your unwillingness to progress.

Man: It is that I am fearful of what I might achieve.

animal: That illusion, too, is a function of mine.

Man: It cannot be an illusion. It is far too real.

animal: This being what I want you to feel.

Man: What then? Shall I condemn you to all eternity for producing such veils before my eyes?

animal: Yet again you have allowed yourself to be fooled by my functions. You have placed all the blame upon myself, when it is you who allows me to exist, it is you who does not understand and it is you who is not willful.

Man: But it is you that hinders me.

animal: Do I? I have no chains around you, I do not have a hammer and nail nor a rope to swing. It is you who has taken comfort in my illusions, comfort in my lessons.

Man: Lessons? You have taught nothing except the meaning of fear. You are as foolish as I. I have learned nothing.

animal: You condemn me but yet I teach you how to progress. I present you with lessons in illusions so that Kali, The
Goddess of Deception may no longer have a hold over you. So that this cycle we are in is no longer the cycle that you feel you must obey. It is all an illusion, my friend. I am contrast to you and yet I teach you to be higher than me. Who then is the fool? It is you who is learning from an animal, Man.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 07:25:25 AM by Saer »
As you love your own body, so regard everyone as equal to your own body. When the Supreme Experience supervenes, everyone's service is revealed as one's own service. Call it a bird, an insect, an animal or a man, call it by any name you please, one serves one's own Self in every one of them. ~ Ma

February 06, 2008, 07:54:31 AM
Reply #1

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
   Good.  Reminds me of the conversation between Dharma and Prakriti in the Srimad Bhagavatam due to the allusion to the Age of Kali you made. 
Soham Sivoham Aham Brahma Asmi Mahavakya
Suddha satchitananda purna parabrahma
Chidananda Rupa Sivoham Sivoham

February 06, 2008, 09:12:39 AM
Reply #2

Vir Fortunae Lucisque

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Aspirant - Rising from the Armchair
    • View Profile
Wow. I had to read that through a few times. Very good.
Omnia mutantur, nihil interit. ~ Horace
Credo ut intelligam. ~ St. Augustine

February 06, 2008, 02:05:19 PM
Reply #3

BohmaN

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Where did you get this?!!?! I like it alot.

February 06, 2008, 02:06:45 PM
Reply #4

Saer

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
As you love your own body, so regard everyone as equal to your own body. When the Supreme Experience supervenes, everyone's service is revealed as one's own service. Call it a bird, an insect, an animal or a man, call it by any name you please, one serves one's own Self in every one of them. ~ Ma

February 06, 2008, 02:08:39 PM
Reply #5

BohmaN

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
It's very deep. Which religion is it rooted in? Hinduism, Buddhism?

February 06, 2008, 02:09:34 PM
Reply #6

Saer

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
It's very deep. Which religion is it rooted in? Hinduism, Buddhism?

It has no specific religious association. The only reference to a formal religion is that of Kali, which is the Goddess of Deception and belongs to the Hindu philosophy.

February 06, 2008, 02:20:16 PM
Reply #7

Vir Fortunae Lucisque

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Deception is only one of her spheres of influence, right? In her aspect of Kali-Ma, she takes on an almost motherly aspect, unless I'm gravely mistaken.

February 06, 2008, 02:26:45 PM
Reply #8

Saer

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Deception is only one of her spheres of influence, right? In her aspect of Kali-Ma, she takes on an almost motherly aspect, unless I'm gravely mistaken.

To be honest, Vir Fortunae Lucisque, I have not formally studied the Hindu philosophy and was only able to include her within this article due to what I have been taught, in conjunction with what my soul felt it had to say. The concept of Kali in this article that I make a reference to is as Veos already pointed out, the Age of Kali. Also known as the Kali Yuga. Yuga being a "cycle" or "period of time". Ultimately this implies the present degree of spirituality we are under is one of Deception, one of illusion and one that requires great internal triumph. Perhaps this will give you some more insight into her influence. It bares mentioning that Kali is represented in the Judeo-Christian belief as Satan.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 02:30:23 PM by Saer »

February 06, 2008, 04:39:46 PM
Reply #9

Azazen

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
It's good, good job.
What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy...

If we are able to step out of what we think is so "obviously" correct, we should.

February 07, 2008, 03:45:21 AM
Reply #10

DownRodeo

• Veritas Furniture

• DD-APPR0VED! A-OKAYH!!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
    • BudoTaijutsu.co.uk-Koshin Dojo Malmesbury
There are some interesting passages (I think in the book of Job) that describe Satan as a 'heavenly being', that draw parallels with this; In which Satan has the specific task of arbitrating Humanity, testing them on God's behalf. Which makes for a  much more acceptable depiction of Satan, theologically speaking, rather than the silly idea that something could actually oppose (ie: THE DEVIL!!11omggg) could oppose God's willl. (Well, at least that was the concept of Satan expounded to me by the individuals who attempted to indoctrinate me with Catholicism  :teethy:)
"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part, you can't even passively take part, and you've got to put your bodies on the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers... and you've got to make it stop!"
Mario Savio

February 07, 2008, 08:11:57 AM
Reply #11

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile

The concept of Kali in this article that I make a reference to is as Veos already pointed out, the Age of Kali. Also known as the Kali Yuga. Yuga being a "cycle" or "period of time". Ultimately this implies the present degree of spirituality we are under is one of Deception, one of illusion and one that requires great internal triumph. Perhaps this will give you some more insight into her influence. It bares mentioning that Kali is represented in the Judeo-Christian belief as Satan.

There is just one problem here. The 'Kali yug' is named so after Kalika, the hindu equivalent of the 'bringer of the end of days'. Think an Hindu equivalent of Loki. Kalika is supposed to be the last avatar of the god Vishnu in the current version of the universe. Once Kalika comes along, the cycle is repeated. Format and reinstall. We go onto the next version.

Kali, the the other hand, is a goddess and is one of the avatars of goddess Parvati. In short, goddess kali has absolutely nothing to do with the kali yug. The only reason any confusion would exist is because the name of the goddess is written the same way in english as 'kali yug'. In reality, the two are not even pronounced the same way. 
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

February 07, 2008, 08:15:27 AM
Reply #12

Saer

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
As I said, I haven't studied the Hindu philosophy in-depth but this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga, seems to explain what I meant to express.

Rather, this one does: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_%28Demon%29. A minor mistake in my interpretation. Thank you for pointing this out. Regardless, the mention of Kali in the original article serves its purpose.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 08:36:42 AM by Saer »

February 07, 2008, 09:03:05 AM
Reply #13

Vir Fortunae Lucisque

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
The Hindu lessons are cool! Thanks guys!

But all of it aside, the work is still great, Saer!

February 07, 2008, 10:32:35 AM
Reply #14

Saer

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Thank you all.