Author Topic: healing wounds  (Read 2580 times)

January 20, 2008, 12:06:50 PM
Read 2580 times

aaron108

• Settling In

• View Profile
I'm going to have a pretty nasty surgery this may and i was wondering how i would be able to heal the wound within a couple days of the operation

Also: would being on painkillers or antibiotics affect my ability to heal?

January 20, 2008, 12:38:23 PM
Reply #1

LaVelle

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    If I don't find the truth, then who will?
    • View Profile
Okay what I think you should do if you want to heal is use "Future Selection"... I'll explain the process. First you have to form intent, what this means is give the healing process directions. What is the day you want to heal, the time, if you want your healing process to heal slowly or fast. This is just the desired outcome of the way you'd like to heal yourself. Then if focused enough on the intent and your intents are vividly clear, then the last process is actualization. During actualization you have to just have an inner expectation of what you'd like the result to be... and that's just about it.
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it.

January 20, 2008, 12:40:14 PM
Reply #2

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
I'm going to have a pretty nasty surgery this may and i was wondering how i would be able to heal the wound within a couple days of the operation

It's an excellent opportunity to practice.  See here for an introduction to the method.

Also: would being on painkillers or antibiotics affect my ability to heal?

No, this should have no impact.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

January 20, 2008, 12:51:44 PM
Reply #3

aaron108

• Settling In

• View Profile
thanks for the help

Edit: also how could i remove scars? would i use "future selection" to?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 01:18:54 PM by aaron108 »

January 20, 2008, 03:59:38 PM
Reply #4

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
Yes. Remember don't think about not having scars (as that involves a negative which is generally bad). Think about having perfectly healthy skin.
The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

January 21, 2008, 02:29:44 AM
Reply #5

aaron108

• Settling In

• View Profile
for "future selection" would i just program a construct?

January 21, 2008, 07:35:38 AM
Reply #6

BlacK

• Veritas Furniture

• BlacK SnaX

• Personal Text
    No Fixed Abode
    • View Profile
In this case, if I were you I would do all the healing prior to the actual operation.

You can (and probably should) use future selection to increase the chances of a successful operation and to speed the healing process, but once you are actually recovering I would allow your body to do all the healing naturally.

My reasoning being that your body is already using its energies to recover from the injury, and trying to apply energy consciously may detract from the healing your body is doing, or interfere with your body's natural healing process.

This doesn't stop you from creating healing constructs beforehand though, I would focus on assisting your body rather than going straight at the injury itself.

You could create a construct that will act a bit like an energy drip, supplying you with a steady flow of energy that is programmed to aid in your body's healing process, perhaps the trigger could be when you actually go under the knife. This way you could deplete yourself of energy now, and have it on reserve for when you will need it later.

If I had one piece of advice to give it'd be not to try anything too complex, the body is far more complicated than we understand. Just focus on assisting your body rather than getting stuck into details.

Ominous Latin phrase

January 21, 2008, 08:00:04 AM
Reply #7

aaron108

• Settling In

• View Profile
thanks for the advice

EDIT: to make the "energy drip" is it safe to load a portion of my energy in to it everyday until about a week away from the operation?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 09:09:41 AM by aaron108 »

January 21, 2008, 11:02:25 AM
Reply #8

BlacK

• Veritas Furniture

• BlacK SnaX

• Personal Text
    No Fixed Abode
    • View Profile
That would work. You could either create the entire construct on day one and continue reinforcing the programming or create the 'container' first and just keep filling it with energy, creating the 'drip' programming just before you need it. I'd probably use the latter method since I find reinforcing programming leads to a fracturing of the intent (Or something like that, y'know what I mean, yo).

Eat lots of bananas too. They seem to help when you are energetically drained.

Oh, and meditate prior to making any ambitious construct.

Good luck with your operation by the way :)
Ominous Latin phrase

January 21, 2008, 11:04:59 AM
Reply #9

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
My reasoning being that your body is already using its energies to recover from the injury, and trying to apply energy consciously may detract from the healing your body is doing, or interfere with your body's natural healing process.

I would significantly disagree with this statement.  Metaphyslcal energy is not a zero-sum phenomenon, and in fact, having an expectation like that lingering in the background could be counterproductive.  It's much better to discard ideas like this.  Performing a healing is usually an invigorating process, not a tiring one.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

January 21, 2008, 11:34:03 AM
Reply #10

BlacK

• Veritas Furniture

• BlacK SnaX

• Personal Text
    No Fixed Abode
    • View Profile

I would significantly disagree with this statement.  Metaphyslcal energy is not a zero-sum phenomenon, and in fact, having an expectation like that lingering in the background could be counterproductive.  It's much better to discard ideas like this.  Performing a healing is usually an invigorating process, not a tiring one.

It's what I was taught. I think it derives from the idea that there is a subconscious part of you that is already applying energy to aid healing your body, and that it is more capable than your conscious self in that respect. Assisting it could be a case of 'too many cooks spoil the broth'.

However I'm not sure about how true this is myself (I just assumed it :S), and I have little actual experience with healing, so defer to your judgment.

EDIT:  I was mistaken, it has nothing to do with healing using Psi, it is when using Chi that you should not try and heal yourself when ill/injured since your body is already using the energy to heal itself.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 08:11:41 AM by BlacK »
Ominous Latin phrase

January 21, 2008, 12:07:33 PM
Reply #11

aaron108

• Settling In

• View Profile
i think ill just create healing constructs beforehand and use future selection to ensure a speedy recovery

January 21, 2008, 03:32:30 PM
Reply #12

LaVelle

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    If I don't find the truth, then who will?
    • View Profile
How do you make constructs anyway?
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it.