Author Topic: Ability of Psi  (Read 2318 times)

January 31, 2008, 07:26:33 PM
Read 2318 times

LaVelle

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    If I don't find the truth, then who will?
    • View Profile
I was just wondering, my little 7 year old cousin is coming over in 2 days from now and he absolutely loves the television show, I don't know if you know but it's called "Naruto". The thought came across my mind, could I do future selection on him, to have the color red in his green eyes... so when I see him he eyes change into red. And with psi can I just to about any form of kinesis, from changing eye color(which by the way my cousin is white...albino) to making my sister hair grown and or shrink and other things of the sort?
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it.

January 31, 2008, 11:02:51 PM
Reply #1

TakeV

• Veritas Council
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Mad Scientist

• View Profile

February 01, 2008, 12:00:45 AM
Reply #2

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Could it be done?  Yes, in principle those things can be done.  But you should not.  Messing with the physical state of others can have unintended consequences, even after much experience.  Humans are complex systems, and changing one thing often affects another thing.  For a task like healing, this is often worth doing anyway.  For novelties, you would want to be extraordinarily careful and judicious in your choices.  And you should never do such a thing for novelty against someone's will or on a child who lacks the necessary maturity to consent.

Even with healing you want to be wise in your choices.  I have had a number of healing operations on both myself and others which have successfully healed what was desired, but which also yielded unintended consequences or side-effects as a direct result of the intent chosen.  Remember, the effects are real and tangible, and as such they have real and tangible consequences.  Would you inject your cousin with something to change his eye color?
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

February 01, 2008, 02:17:24 AM
Reply #3

LaVelle

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Could it be done?  Yes, in principle those things can be done.  But you should not.  Messing with the physical state of others can have unintended consequences, even after much experience.  Humans are complex systems, and changing one thing often affects another thing.  For a task like healing, this is often worth doing anyway.  For novelties, you would want to be extraordinarily careful and judicious in your choices.  And you should never do such a thing for novelty against someone's will or on a child who lacks the necessary maturity to consent.

Even with healing you want to be wise in your choices.  I have had a number of healing operations on both myself and others which have successfully healed what was desired, but which also yielded unintended consequences or side-effects as a direct result of the intent chosen.  Remember, the effects are real and tangible, and as such they have real and tangible consequences.  Would you inject your cousin with something to change his eye color?

No, I would never do anything to harm him, especially since he is my favorite cousin.
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it.

February 01, 2008, 04:25:54 AM
Reply #4

Enchia

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
but which also yielded unintended consequences or side-effects as a direct result of the intent chosen.

Would it not be possible to add an additional intent to it, for example;

"I will be physically very strong but still remain healthy and in balance"

February 01, 2008, 08:17:42 AM
Reply #5

BlacK

• Veritas Furniture

• BlacK SnaX

• Personal Text
    No Fixed Abode
    • View Profile
If it were that easy to mess with human biology we'd all have stopped our cells aging by now and become immortal.

Save it till you have both pinpoint control and a great deal of knowledge about the human body and its workings. Thats what I'm doing :D

Race yah!
Ominous Latin phrase

February 01, 2008, 12:12:55 PM
Reply #6

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
If it were that easy to mess with human biology we'd all have stopped our cells aging by now and become immortal.

It is a rather moot point, but arguable this has been done to a degree.

February 02, 2008, 04:58:18 PM
Reply #7

NathanE

• Posts By Osmosis

• BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE

• View Profile
Ive seen other peoples eyes change colors before... in boot camp I seen someone go from strait brown eyes to red and yellow tinges near the pupil.... I guess its all that psychological overlay.
Chance is a word void of sense; nothing can exist without a cause. ~Voltaire

Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.~Scott Adams

“Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets”

February 04, 2008, 12:29:09 AM
Reply #8

JEG63

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    pariah dog
    • View Profile
Ive seen other peoples eyes change colors before... in boot camp I seen someone go from strait brown eyes to red and yellow tinges near the pupil.... I guess its all that psychological overlay.

I think it all has to do with "available light."
To sleep, perchance to dream...

February 05, 2008, 05:38:46 PM
Reply #9

Brandonslau

• Settling In

• View Profile
its well possible but few can do it.

February 06, 2008, 09:36:57 AM
Reply #10

Vir Fortunae Lucisque

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Aspirant - Rising from the Armchair
    • View Profile
Hay que ver para creer.  :wink:
Omnia mutantur, nihil interit. ~ Horace
Credo ut intelligam. ~ St. Augustine

February 06, 2008, 02:05:09 PM
Reply #11

LaVelle

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Well Kobok, what if I attempt to change my eye color, and write down the results afterwards... would the effects change for different people you think, or do you think I should find out?