Author Topic: The Secondary Cerebral Cortex of the Psion (by Kettle)  (Read 25867 times)

November 17, 2007, 08:28:37 PM
Read 25867 times

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
The Secondary Cerebral Cortex of the Psion

By Kettle

The use of this construct requires the understanding of many of the principles contained within the Dynamic Psi style of psionic practice. Gathering energy, basic construct dynamics, proper conceptualization, and of course scanning, are all very important skills to have and understand before attempting use of this construct. When these concepts are well understood the construct itself is very easy to produce, but until that point the creator can become bogged down in pointless assumptions and expectations.

Most importantly though, you should always remember that a construct will do exactly what you expect it to when you fully expect it to.

The Purpose of This Construct

When scanning, the information that is gathered by us, as souls, is completely unbiased and un-tampered with. However, because the soul processes physical information in a different way than something bound to the physical domain (the soul being free from the limits of time or mortality), the brain is used to process the information, since it is specifically designed to process information about the physical domain. The brain will process this information and the soul will recollect it, interpret it, and then act on it. When written like this the system would seem fine, but the truth of the matter is that the brain will often add and construe information, leading to improper information and all around bad scanning. We can help alleviate this through serious, time consuming training, but we can never or have not yet been able to alter the brain in such a way as to completely erase this problem.

The purpose of this construct is to completely bypass the use of the brain by creating another one. The construct will process the data acquired by the soul and flawlessly present it back in an easily understandable and untampered way.

Conceptualization

The conceptualization of this construct is very simple, just a construct that will do exactly as stated above:  to process the data acquired by the soul and flawlessly present it back in an easily understandable and untampered way.

However what is required from the psion using this construct is a small shift in focus to the construct while performing psionic practices, which is also very easy. Remove the focus of information input into the brain (where it would normally go) and put it to the construct itself.

To make this easier you can have it so that the construct itself essentially agitates the soul into keeping its awareness between both the body and it. This can be done by having the construct encourage the soul to “expand” it’s awareness, spatially aware of the surroundings at all times as well as being aware of the immediate future, such that on some level you are constantly aware of things around you and anything that’s about to occur. The broadness of this range can also be increased as skill is gained. Furthermore, if this practice is done continually (as in all day everyday), the user will experience a very rapid increase in scanning ability. This requires no effort on the part of the psion (aside from the original effort of creating the construct), and will in no way hurt them.

This is not only a useful tool to the skilled psion, but also a good training tool for the beginning or intermediate psion (provided they are capable enough to properly conceptualize and create this construct).

Expectations

Immediately after creating this construct you should find an improved ability when using it. If not, this is likely due to improper conceptualization.  If you properly conceptualized it working well and presenting information easily it should work fine right away. Also, your accuracy should improve, but this goes without saying.

Other Considerations

1) The spatial location of a construct can be important when using it, but really only on a conceptual basis. The truth of the matter is that it is completely unimportant where your construct is located spatially, as the energy psi can move through time and space instantaneously without regard for distance, and the soul can also do this with even greater ease.

Because this construct has been called a “second brain” there will be a tendency to want to place it directly above your head. Though there is nothing wrong with this, and it will in no way effect the functioning of the construct, it may however benefit the user to move the spatial location of the construct to somewhere far away from their head. This construct has such a strong pre-existing spatial conceptualization it would be very beneficial to the user to overcome this expectation and help them to evolve as a soul. The connection with the construct will in no way change no matter where it is located spatially, but a greater gap between the body and the construct would help to teach the unimportance of distance to the soul.

2) The idea for this construct could potentially be used for other things, for example, math. The construct is not limited by physical means such as space or time, as such incredibly complex calculations could be done nearly instantaneously.

3) Most importantly this construct proves one thing; that the body and brain that often hold back the soul are only a beginning point, and not entirely necessary.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 04:01:16 PM by kobok »
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

November 17, 2007, 08:59:10 PM
Reply #1

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I compliment you on a very useful and beneficial article. It was an easy and informative read.

The construct is not limited by physical means such as space or time, as such incredibly complex calculations could be done nearly instantaneously.

Have you done this? Do you have any examples? I'm just curious.

Namaste

November 17, 2007, 09:08:52 PM
Reply #2

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

November 17, 2007, 09:13:17 PM
Reply #3

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Amazing article, Kettle. I'm pumped up for my next practice session.
“I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.”

November 18, 2007, 04:59:16 PM
Reply #4

Tankdown

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Hows my logic?
    • View Profile
The movement of psi through space and time instantaneous is still a thought that I am challenging, but irreverent to where ever you put it I agree with. Its a good article and may consider it.
To do, become -Myself
<---Little demon

November 18, 2007, 06:39:03 PM
Reply #5

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Thanks to those who enjoyed the article.

Have you done this? Do you have any examples? I'm just curious.

I have used the construct for math and math related subjects with good (as in correct) results, however I haven't devoted enough time to exploring this particular facet of the construct. I plan on doing it, but not anytime soon.

-k

November 18, 2007, 08:36:49 PM
Reply #6

TakeV

• Veritas Council
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Mad Scientist

• View Profile
The movement of psi through space and time instantaneous is still a thought that I am challenging

I challenge the fact that you use gravity!

November 19, 2007, 09:13:13 AM
Reply #7

Tankdown

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Hows my logic?
    • View Profile
Cute, but it doesn't really matter to this topic. Maybe I bring one up in the near future or we could talk about this on a PM. Cause from what I can see there are still many opinions and routs it can take. I don't understand why it haves to be instantaneous. Also there are things that don't obey gravity. Oh and I don't like to use gravity, I'm just force to use it :P
To do, become -Myself
<---Little demon

November 20, 2007, 11:01:43 AM
Reply #8

Zake

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Staff

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
Perhaps this is simply a misunderstanding of dynamic psi on my part, but I don't see how the processed impressions received from this "second brain" would be any easier for ones "real brain" to receive uncorrupted than the impressions received from the soul directly.  Could you clarify this point?
Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

November 20, 2007, 03:05:16 PM
Reply #9

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I think that the soul receives the information which then needs to be organized. The "second brain" receives the information in an unbiased manner and then proceeds to organize it. The organized information is later comprehended by the actual brain, and this is in contrast to the actual brain receiving raw information which can be organized in a very biased manner.

I may be wrong,
Namaste

November 20, 2007, 03:46:48 PM
Reply #10

Tankdown

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Hows my logic?
    • View Profile
I don't know its sounds like assumptions to me. The whole information still sounds like it can just be directly thrown into the brain. How do you know that psi goes to the soul more firmly instead of going to the brain first then into the soul? Sort of like natures way of stopping unneeded information to just fly into the soul.
To do, become -Myself
<---Little demon

November 20, 2007, 06:03:38 PM
Reply #11

Zake

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Staff

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
Well, my thinking on the applicability of a "second brain" construct is this; my general impression of how analytical overlay works is that it happens after one has some idea what the information is.  This seems to be the case due to the fact that the presence or severity of analytical overlay in a given case has been observed (as I recall?) to correlate to how it relates to ones own interests and desires; it is difficult to ESP bad news.  So the problem then wouldn't seem to be one of pure data processing; this happens easily enough, by whatever mechanism.  Its simply bias.  Metaphysical input to our brains will generally be rather subtle, whether it is from scanning or from a construct, so we're not necessarily bypassing the problem here.

My solution would be to connect a "second brain"-type construct to some easily produced physical effect- say, effecting the roll of dice, wavering of flame, etc.  Thus, the information would go from the soul's scanning, to the construct, and then into incontrovertible physical evidence without having the chance to be corrupted by the psion's biased brain.  (Incidentally, yes, such a practice would indeed look similar to traditional divination methods.  Interesting, no?)

Again, my familiarity with dynamic psi isn't great, so I present this as a hypothesis and suggestion rather than an authoritative statement.
Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

November 20, 2007, 06:17:06 PM
Reply #12

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
"...my general impression of how analytical overlay works is that it happens after one has some idea what the information is." - Isn't it true the the subconscious mind attaches certain concepts to things before the conscious mind is even aware of this? A shield constructed around a person will follow that person if the subconscious concept exists that a shield is "attached" to the person. As another example, it's like how being in the room with another person will naturally allow an empath to pick up on the other person's emotions. The concept of distance affects the soul through the energetic domain. It's like how a person who is afraid of rabbits will attach fear to the image before the conscious mind is even aware of seeing a rabbit, or in contrast, attaching "fluffy" to the rabbit before the conscious mind is even aware of seeing a rabbit. Or more precisely, attaching "rabbit" to the collection of fur, limbs, etc. before the conscious mind is even aware of seeing the mass of flesh. The world around us is perceived by our senses, our subconscious mind layers the truth with many different perceptions and thoughts, and finally, the conscious mind is aware of what we see. It's interesting when, in a certain meditative state, one sees the world around himself without these attachments and thus sees the truth with a "layer" of "apple", "chair", "wood", etc. covering such, with countless other layers that can't really be described covering those (and all in between). By using a "second brain" construct to interpret and organize the information before it is comprehended by the brain helps to bypass this, though it may take some time to learn to recognize and trust this information that, to the brain, seems to suddenly and simply be known. As a side note, this is a conglomeration of personal experiences and pure hypothesising, so this can't really be trusted so well  ^-^ However, if somebody could tell me whether or not my assumptions about the subconscious mind are correct, I would appreciate that.

-edited some things-
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 06:21:25 PM by Hech »

November 20, 2007, 06:19:33 PM
Reply #13

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
I don't know its sounds like assumptions to me. The whole information still sounds like it can just be directly thrown into the brain.

Information acquired by the soul can be directly thrown into the brain.  The point of this article is that doing it that way is not necessarilly the most effective or reliable approach, and that higher quality results can be obtained by using constructs to process the information into a stronger or more digested form prior to sending the information into the brain.  This is not the best beginning approach, because creating a construct of that form is a little complicated for a person starting out.

However, I have tried similar techniques to that put forward by Kettle prior to him writing this article, and I concur with his conclusion that this can result in significantly more accurate scanning.  I also think that articles like this which demonstrate an advancement to psi built around both a theoretical foundation and a practical basis provide an excellent contribution to the field.

How do you know that psi goes to the soul more firmly instead of going to the brain first then into the soul? Sort of like natures way of stopping unneeded information to just fly into the soul.

Because first, experience shows us that the soul can handle far more than the brain can.  And second, the brain is a physical organ with no physical mechanism for receiving psi information directly without the soul acting as the mechanism by which psi is performed.

Metaphysical input to our brains will generally be rather subtle, whether it is from scanning or from a construct, so we're not necessarily bypassing the problem here.

If a construct for this purpose is designed well, it can substantially reduce the subtlety of this input.

My solution would be to connect a "second brain"-type construct to some easily produced physical effect- say, effecting the roll of dice, wavering of flame, etc.

This can of course be done (and yes, is the way most traditional divination methods work when they work).  However, these methods have a tendency to produce false positives if the effect is weak and are using something probabilistic (dice).  It turns out that it is usually easier to transfer information in a non-subtle way to the brain, than it is to apply information in a non-subtle way to something like dice.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

November 20, 2007, 06:31:12 PM
Reply #14

Tankdown

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Hows my logic?
    • View Profile
I disagree with the ESP of bad news. Someone always has desire about almost any bad news if it affects there life. Such as your mother or father dieing in a car crash. Plus wouldn't hypothetically evolution build up a better connection between brain and soul connections (still if the soul does exist or not). Like wouldn't there BE a psionic brain if it was highly efficient due to many attempts in humanity (or animal) past lives? Oh course this doesn't exactly affect us today true or not, it was a fun thought I wanted to throw up.

Oh and I don't agree with that shield idea either. The shield may very well just be connected to you with no thinking involved (Sensory of the shield damage would hold a different ground on this matter).

Wait whats the definition of the soul are we going with? Cause I picture the body and soul being the exact same thing.
To do, become -Myself
<---Little demon