Author Topic: The most AWESOME dream ever!  (Read 2259 times)

November 06, 2007, 08:57:53 AM
Read 2259 times

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
So there I am, dreaming, like usual, this last night. My dreams are often somewhat video game-esque, a little ridiculous, and often involve familiar locations, much like I think everyone's are. This dream started off like any other, I went to Salt Lake and bought a motor cycle, and driving home, a guy ran me off the road and into a guard rail, causing me to crash and be pissed. Then I had my AWESOME dream, and then later I had a Grand Theft Auto type dream where I stole a Porsche and drove into walls and stuff. Anyway, the AWESOME dream:

So, being frustrated with my inability to perform psychokinesis, I put out a desperate plea for help on the Veritas Forum. One other member was as desperate as I was in getting help. Surprisingly though, kobok said he would give us both a real world lesson in psychokinesis that would guarantee that we could do it proficiently. Well, me and this other guy were pretty excited, so we met up and travelled to Salt Lake City where kobok apparently lived in my dream world. kobok was a big dude that resembled a man named Andre that I met briefly last year. The other Veritas member I was with suddenly turned into Will Smith... yeah yeah, anyway, we waited for nightfall, and we climbed to the top of a hill in Salt Lake that I know. It's just a straight road that has a really sharp fall. Well, kobok whips out three longboards and tells us to sit on them and ride down the hill into traffic. He said that we must use our psychic skills to change every red light to green on the way so that we wouldn't get killed by crossing traffic. So, the pure desperation of the situation made us work REALLY hard at changing the lights before we got run over by large cars. Then there was some shenanigans where we long boarded through the sewers of SLC and it didn't have much to do with the dream. Anyway, by the end of the night, we were pretty good at changing our surroundings to our wills.

So, morning comes around and we go back to kobok's house. He falls asleep but his two kids are up and frolicking like kids do (we're talking age 3-5) so I can't sleep. Will Smith leaves cause he doesn't like kids or something. Anyway, kobok apparently had one boy and one girl. The boy was eating cookies and blowing spit bubbles and I was like, oh jeez. Then the kid telekinetically throws a cookie at me! Reacting just in time, I stop the cookie with my own PK abilities, just in front of my face, kind of like how Yoda stops shit from flying in the Star Wars prequels. So we spend a few minutes tossing this cookie back and forth and then I start lifting stacks of cookies that happened to be lying on the table and we're just hucking cookies telekinetically back and forth and then we both start picking up things bigger than cookies and the whole time I'm thinking, "This isn't so hard! The feeling is easy to grasp and I really EXPECT it to work." So every time I picked up something bigger, I'd think, "All I have to do is dispel the mental block saying that bigger things are harder to lift, and truly expect it to lift." and it would just float up off the table. Another cool thing was that when things were floating around, they weren't floating like in the movies, but were suspended in the air exactly where my focus was intended. For instance, the last thing I picked up was a Nintendo Gamecube, and I picked it up by the corner, so it like, wobbled around that point. Then I shifted my focus to the handle on the back and the previous focal point just fell and suddenly it was pivoting around the new focus point (the handle). Anyway, that was kindof the end of the dream when I lifed the gamecube and pulled all of the cords out of the back.

The feeling of how I accomplished everything sticks with me and I'm a bit more inspired to attempt PK again after all this time of not practicing (due to lack of results).

AWESOME.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

November 06, 2007, 12:01:07 PM
Reply #1

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
lmao - AWESOME

Edit: You know... I was reeeally hoping Kobok would just teleport in between you two, take you to the desert, and start battling like Goku... Now that would have been awesome.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:03:52 PM by Hech »

November 06, 2007, 12:46:49 PM
Reply #2

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
Oh man... A DBZ battle with kobok...

I think my head would have exploded in my sleep from the sheer excitement.

November 07, 2007, 07:42:46 AM
Reply #3

Rafnul!

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• he-who-posts-lots

• View Profile
I also had a dream recently also that involved kobok and several other members and has since inspired me to get more serious about psi.

November 07, 2007, 05:39:13 PM
Reply #4

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
Am I the only one that imagines kobok as a physics professor / top secret agent working with govenment projects of mad science, rather than some sort of superhero?

I occasionally get these sort of dreams, as well, in which I possess special powerful items or psychic abilities such as telekinesis, levitation, limited flight, teleportation, explosives, and attracting women. These dreams always used to motivate me too.  However, I think I'm starting to get de-sensitized to them since when I wake up, I'm always able to do absolutely none of the abilities to any degree (above normal).  I mean... in the same sort of dreams I also find tens of thousands of dollars laying around, and am perfectly confident that I have it while in the dream, but when I wake up it isn't there now is it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 05:52:37 PM by ThiefDeath »
[23:48] <DanielH> You guys are all strange
[23:48] <DanielH> You have a different way of thinking (which is wrong)

How about a shave?

November 08, 2007, 12:34:54 AM
Reply #5

Rafnul!

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• he-who-posts-lots

• View Profile
In my dream kobok was just a normal, laid back dude.  The psychokinesis he displayed for me was of the subtle nature.  It inspired me because he pointed out and literally illustrated how really smally changes really can have huge consequences.  I didn't have any special abilities in this dream, just the people around me.

November 08, 2007, 03:42:54 AM
Reply #6

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
Was referring more to those before you.
[23:48] <DanielH> You guys are all strange
[23:48] <DanielH> You have a different way of thinking (which is wrong)

How about a shave?

November 08, 2007, 07:07:40 AM
Reply #7

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
In every day life I imagine kobok is pretty much like most other people. It's really only in this dream that he seemed to be different, and to be more precise, it wasn't kobok being the badass at all. In fact, in the dream, kobok didn't do anything but sleep while his son and I got all DBZ with the cookies.

His wife was also a little crazy, for the brief moment she made her cameo.