Author Topic: Happy Colombus Day 2007  (Read 3718 times)

October 08, 2007, 10:45:49 PM
Read 3718 times

Wonderland

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    ISIS
    • View Profile
    • My blog space (just getting started 06/07)
As I was writing this the past couple of days, I originally wanted to call this article "THE Logos of GOD". Then I learned today is Colombus Day. Did you know Columba is Latin for "dove", and that it is a constellation in the Southern hemisphere?  Did you know Columbia is "the feminine personification of the United States"?  Notice there is no of America.  Do yourself a favour, and do some research into Christopher Columbus, or cristobal (crystal ball) colon (cologne) in Spanish.  I look at my wrist and see a handmade bracelet with the colors red, blue and yellow.  I haven't taken it off even for a second since it was given to me, and it means more to me than I can put into words. *Wonderland sings the song she learned in Brownie Scouts "make new friends, but keep the old...one is silver and the other's gold*

To Steve - I've heard an expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less.  I've learned it's worse when an expert thinks s/he knows more and more about less and less. I wonder:  What happens when an expert knows more and more about more and more?

Please note:  I am making every effort to replicate spellings and punctuation as perfectly as possible, but I am currently limited on the available options to make the proper characters with the keys on the keyboard I used to write this article (not to mention I wrote my research out by hand and there is a possibility of error from reading my notes).  Unfortunately, this was a cut/copy/paste out of emails I sent to myself, and apparently the ITALICS and BOLD didn't transfer, so I will try to fix that.  Also, please note that capitalization of words is rather important, so please try to read this article as thoroughly as possible.  I also made every effort to differentiate between when I am basically writing verbatim from the sources I used versus my own input.  Hopefully it is obvious, as I don't want to get sued.  :HA!:  My sources are listed at the end, and as far as the links provided herein, please Note - I either haven't read these links in their entirety, and/or there are items I take issue with, but for practical purposes they represent what I'm trying to explain here when used in proper context.

god - n. 1.  God a. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of theuniverse,the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.  b.  The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.  c.  Christ. Sci. used to refer to o<"Infinite Mind; Spirit; Soul; Principle; Life; Truth; Love" -Mary Baker Eddy>  2.  A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in andworshipped by a people, esp. a male deity held to control some part of nature or reality.  3.  An image of a supernatural being:  IDOL 4.  Something worshipped or idealized <In ancient Egypt the sun was a god.>  5. A very handsomeman.

godchild - n. One for whom another serves as sponsor at baptism.

goddess - (god` is) n. 1. a female being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshipped by a people.  2. same as #3 above.  3. something worshipped or idealized.  4. An extremely beautiful woman.

godhead - n. 1.  Divinity: godhood.  2.  Godhead. a.  God la, b. (note: blink and you might miss what this says) b.  The essential and divine nature of God, regarded abstractly.

godlike - adj. Like or of the nature of a god or God:  DIVINE.

Godspeed - n.  [From the phrase God speed you.]  Success or good fortune <The boarded the ship, and we bade them Godspeed.> (note: You best be believing somebody really does possess/own the key(s) to death/hell.)

the(superscript 1) - def. art. [ME<OE o(little u shape over it)e, alteration of se, masc. nominative sing. demonstrative adj.] 1. a. Used before singular or pl. nouns and noun phrases that denote particular persons or things <read the newspaper> b. Used before a noun, generally stressed, emphasizing one of a group or type as the most outstanding or prominent <The social event of the summer season> c.  Used beforea title or rank or office designating its holder <The Prince of Wales> <The President of the United States> <The Rev. John Smith>

the(superscript 2) - adv. [ME<OE "oy", instrumental case of the and that] 1. to that extent: by that much <the sooner the better> 2. Beyond any other <enjoyed reading mysteries the most>

the- - pref. var. of theo- [Gk. Theos, god] God. <Theomorphism>

word - n. 1. A sound or a combination of sounds, or its representation in writing or printing, that symbolizes and communicates a meaning and may consist of a single morpheme or a combination of morphemes...10. Word a. The Logos.  b. TheScriptures or Gospel.

morpheme - n. [Fr. morpheme<Gk. morphe, "form".]  A meaningful linguistic unit consisting of aword, as man, or a word element, as -ed of walked, that cannot be divided into smaller meaningful parts.

morphemics - n. (sing. in number) 1. The study of morphemes as a branch of linguistic analysis.  2.  Morphemic structure of a language.

Morpheus- n. [Lat.] The god of dreams in Ovid's Metamorphoses.  (note: hallow/hello/halo/hola Matrix/Christmas 1999/Annunciation nod)

morphallaxis - n. [N.Lat:  MORPH(O) + Gk. allaxis, "exchange"<allasein, "to exchange"<allos, "other"] Biol. Regeneration of a part or transformation of one part into another by means of a structural reorganization with only limited production of new cells...

log(superscript 1) - n. 1. a. A usu. large trunk of a fallen tree. b.  A long thick section of trimmed but unhewn timber. 2.  A device trailed from a ship to determine its speed.  3. a. A record of speed, progress, and important events, kept on a ship or aircraft.  b. The book in which such a record is kept...(note - Bible means "book" or "papyrus")

log(superscript2) - n. Logarithm - var. of  Algorism (hmmm...sounds like inconvenient truth.)

log- - pref. var. of Logo-

os(superscript 1) - n., pl. ora [Lat. "o or a with a dash over the top s", mouth] A mouth or opening
os(superscript 2) - n., pl. ossa [Lat. bone] A bone
os(superscript 3) - n., pl. osar (also possible connection to Aesir and/or Asher?) [Swed. a with a sort of circle on the top, sort of like how one might say "awesome" s, "ridge"<ON a with a dash over the top ss (note:  this means "God")] An esker
Os - symbol for osmium (element)

logogriph - n. [Fr. logogriphe: Gk. logos, "word" + Gk. griphos, "fishing basket"] a word puzzle, as an anagram

logo - n., pl. -gos.  LOGOTYPE 2 (also) "clipped form of LOGOTYPE"

logotype - n. 1. A single piece of type bearing two or more usu. separate elements.  2.  The name, trademark, or symbol of a company or publication, borne on one printing plate or piece of type.

Logos - n. 1. Cosmic reason, affirmed in ancient Gk. philosophy, as the source of world order and intelligibility. 2. The self-revealing thought and will of God, as explained in the Gospel of John, often associated with the second person of the Trinity.  (also) Christ. Theol. the Word, or ultimate reality; esp. the creative and sustaining spirit of God as revealed in Jesus:  John 1.  (as if I need tocomment on what this is implying.) [Gk. logos, speech, word, reason. See leg- in Appendix.*]

leg-, To collect, with derivatives meaning "to speak."  1. Perhaps Germanic *lekjaz, enchanter, one who speaks magic words, in Old English laece, physician (note:  Physician, Heal Thyself!  I told you somebody had those keys!  Friggin' people...takes so long to listen/believe...):  LEECH(superscript1).  2.  Latin legere, to gather, choose, pluck, read:  LECTERN, LECTURE, LEGEND, LEGIBLE, LEGION, (LESSON); COIL(superscript 1), COLLECT(superscript 1), DILIGENT, ELECT, ELEGANT, INTELLIGENT, NEGLECT, PRELECT, SACRILEGE, SELECT, SORTILEGE.  3. Greek legein, to gather, speak:  LEXICON; ALEXIA, ANALECTS, CATALOGUE, DIALECT, DIALOGUE, DYSLEXIA, ECLECTIC, EPILOGUE, PROLEGOMENON.  4. Suffixed form *leg-no- in Latin lignum, wood, firewood (<"that which is gathered"):  LIGNEOUS, LIGNI-.  5. Lengthened-grade form *le with dash over top g- possibly in:  a.  Latin lex, law (?< "collection of rules"):  LEGAL, LEGISLATOR, LEGIST, LEGITIMATE, LEX, LOYAL, PRIVILEGE; b. Latin denominative legare, to depute, commission, charge (< "to engage by contract"):  LEGACY, LEGATE; ALLEGE, COLLEAGUE, DELEGATE, RELEGATE.  6. Suffixed o-grade form *log-o- in Greek logos, speech, word, reason:  LOGIC, LOGISTIC(superscript 1), LOGO-, (REALLY BIG L) LOGOS, -LOGY; ANALOGOUS, APOLOGUE, APOLOGY, DECALOGUE, HOMOLOGOUS, HOROLOGE, LOGARITHM, PARALOGISM, PROLOGUE, SYLLOGISM.

leg-(superscript 2), To dribble, trickle.  Germanic *lek- ina.  Old English leccan, tomoisten:  LEACH; b.  Old Norse leki, a leak:  LEAK; c. Middle Dutch lacke, lac, deficiency, fault:  LACK.  (Note:  compare and contrast Virgin Birth with Immaculate Conception.  Also try to bear in mind "having been/being the perfect sacrifice, was made to become sin".)

There is also another long paragraph concerning legh-, Also leg-, ... but you can look it up on your own.  To me, it is just referring to the whole "I have power to lay my body down, and I have power to take it back up".  Cross reference "and he removed himself and his (female version of him) from them".

name - n. [ME<OE nama]...amen...mana...?  1. A word or words by which an entity is designated and set apart from others...

Ma'at is the Ki of Ra.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatshepsut

The Logos (name) of God is/Goddess (translated/defined as) Truth.  Honestly, eventually you realize it is essentially God God of God/God God.  Probably not a lot of help, depending on many different variables. 

Some "religions, etc." such as Scientology will charge a lot for being in its club.  IMMHO, G-d will allow some to "buy their way out", but not all.  God really doesn't like greed, as if any of us needed to be reminded of that.  Though I figure G-d understands the necessity for the point to be made and appreciates the spiritual interest nonetheless.  Personally, I must admit I am a fan of most "high profile" members of groups such as these.

Eloi/Eli/Eloah/I'm sure there are other variations here, too - why hast thou forsaken me?

Hint - it's okay when you're "awake", not dead anymore.  Truth --> Real(ity). 

Everybody is/was already guilty of "original sin" (and, therefore, deserving of death/hell [DEAL WITH IT!  In psychology, it is thought of as "who owns the problem?".  And trust me, it is not God's problem that everybody is technically still "worthy" of not only dying, but also hell.])  That being said, as of approximately the first century A.D./C.E. (that can be proved), some bodys aren't/don't.  It is not a case of "can you accept the truth", but rather "will the truth accept you".  http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/dead.htm

I know what some of you are thinking, and it's basically true.  Hell DID officially freeze over, and I DID accept my own personal engraved invitation to the skating party.  A good time will, again, be had by all, and peace and justice will prevail.

Sources:  My own, personal and/or acquired knowledge; internet - Wikipedia - Veritas (vsociety.net) website - other(s); Webster's II New Riverside University Dictionary, copyright 1984, 1988, 1994 by Houghton Mifflin Co. all rights reserved; The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, copyright 1969-1981 by Houghton Mifflin; Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language Second College Edition, copyright 1976 and 1974 by William Collins + World Publishing Co., Inc.

Written this 8th day of October 2007 by:

*L*C***L*C**M*RG**R*T**F*LL*R*W*LL**SN*D*R*R*TH*RF*RD*W*LL* (My "Real" name, and no, nobody else may/can "have" it.  Thanks for asking.  Oh wait...*sighs* 

awww....come on...it was a little funny!

Anyone may freely copy and distribute this article on the following conditions (this will also apply to anything/everything else I post on the Veritas website). Also, for those of you who have already been misusing this information (you know what I mean), consider this as my attempt at "looking the other way" in an attempt to let/help you "heal yourself": 
1.  you copy/use the article in its entirety and in the exact same format - no changing anything, even [sic]s.  If it is incorrect, I do not care.  You may add your opinions at the end (and only at the end) of what I wrote, so long as you designate them as your opinions/additions/whatever.
2.  Sorry, but at this time I regret to insist on NO translations - English only - exact same format (sorry!)  Hopefully a "friend" of mine will help me translate this article into Spanish very soon.  Other language translations will have to wait for the time being, as it is my intention to work personally on any translations. 
3.  You inform me that you have/will/are using this article, and what you are using it for/in regard to.
4.  Please feel free to contact me via any outlets available through Vsociety if you have any questions or comments and/or if you'd like to (re)pay me for using [the info in] this article.  I would appreciate any contributions, as I am broke as a joke and half as funny at the moment.  And if you just can't figure out how to reach me from this site, my personal email account is Sunflower989801 at aol dot com.  Obviously, you have to take out the spaces and change "at" to the "at symbol" and "dot" to the "period symbol". This is done to avoid unwanted emails.  You may also find me by searching for SunnyAquamarine on YouTube.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 02:37:06 AM by Wonderland »
Yeeesh!  Apparently I forgot the signature changes on all posts....AND until you change it again...oh well enough then...sorry 'bout that

October 09, 2007, 12:20:09 AM
Reply #1

Wonderland

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    ISIS
    • View Profile
If anybody can tell me - is it ok to post this in other areas (psionics, magic, spirituality, etc.) or will I get in trouble for "spam"?  Thanks.
Yeeesh!  Apparently I forgot the signature changes on all posts....AND until you change it again...oh well enough then...sorry 'bout that

October 09, 2007, 07:41:44 AM
Reply #2

queen of the south

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    WTF?????
    • View Profile
    • Mind2win
And they all fell down-Excecution style!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink:
Changing your mind will change the world,World peace,Love,Happiness,Health,Abundance-these things are obtainable right here,right now.

October 09, 2007, 08:18:01 AM
Reply #3

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
Perhaps I'm just confused, but where is the article? All you have there is a dictionary where you chose only words that have some tie to God (abstract and literal) coupled with some vague notes concerning hell. The rest of it contains legal disclaimers.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

October 09, 2007, 08:25:26 AM
Reply #4

queen of the south

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    WTF?????
    • View Profile
    • Mind2win
As I was writing this the past couple of days, I originally wanted to call this article "THE Logos of GOD". Then I learned today is Colombus Day. Did you know Columba is Latin for "dove", and that it is a constellation in the Southern hemisphere?  Did you know Columbia is "the feminine personification of the United States"?  Notice there is no of America.  Do yourself a favour, and do some research into Christopher Columbus, or cristobal (crystal ball) colon (cologne) in Spanish.  I look at my wrist and see a handmade bracelet with the colors red, blue and yellow.  I haven't taken it off even for a second since it was given to me, and it means more to me than I can put into words. *Wonderland sings the song she learned in Brownie Scouts "make new friends, but keep the old...one is silver and the other's gold*

To Steve - I've heard an expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less.  I've learned it's worse when an expert thinks s/he knows more and more about less and less. I wonder:  What happens when an expert knows more and more about more and more?

Please note:  I am making every effort to replicate spellings and punctuation as perfectly as possible, but I am currently limited on the available options to make the proper characters with the keys on the keyboard I used to write this article (not to mention I wrote my research out by hand and there is a possibility of error from reading my notes).  Unfortunately, this was a cut/copy/paste out of emails I sent to myself, and apparently the ITALICS and BOLD didn't transfer, so I will try to fix that.  Also, please note that capitalization of words is rather important, so please try to read this article as thoroughly as possible.  I also made every effort to differentiate between when I am basically writing verbatim from the sources I used versus my own input.  Hopefully it is obvious, as I don't want to get sued.  :HA!:  My sources are listed at the end, and as far as the links provided herein, please Note - I either haven't read these links in their entirety, and/or there are items I take issue with, but for practical purposes they represent what I'm trying to explain here when used in proper context.

I believe Wonderland was also including everything she has written or ever will write in the future.
Changing your mind will change the world,World peace,Love,Happiness,Health,Abundance-these things are obtainable right here,right now.

October 09, 2007, 06:08:21 PM
Reply #5

Wonderland

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    ISIS
    • View Profile
Well...it is possible to make the argument that pretty much anything anybody "writes" (as in an article) has already been written, said and/or thought before, so what do you want me to say?  I think I made it fairly clear as to what I was attempting to do by writing this article.  Others may argue against what I'm about to say all they want, but the truth is still the truth - if I strung everything together & spelled it out in very "plain" words, I would have been censored and/or gotten in trouble.  Hmm...reminds me of something Jesus (PBUH) once said....something about if I speak to you of earthly things and you do not understand, how will you understand me when I speak to you of heavenly things?  IMMHO, it is mostly because people don't WANT to understand.  They seem to think if they pretend God doesn't exist, then maybe he won't or maybe he will "prove" his existence.  We've seen the discussion on  here probably at least 100 times.  Basically, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.  I'm sorry you don't have a "glowing review" for what I wrote, M_T, but I spent a lot of time on it & it means something to me and, hopefully, it will mean something to a few other people, too. 

October 09, 2007, 07:59:10 PM
Reply #6

Zake

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Staff

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
Reflect upon your reasons for writing this article, Wonderland.  If it was to convey some sort of information or wisdom to others, you have almost certainly failed; having read it carefully, to me the article appears to be little more than a few sequences of the definitions of some etymologically related words having to do with God and the Logos, with scattered, practically hidden notes referencing biblical things related to the words.  No particularly interesting point stands out, and since there seem to be few members of Veritas with reading comphrenension better than that of a typical college student, the message of your article will probably be inaccessible to any of its other readers.  This isn't a matter of will-to-believe or disbelieve or anything of that nature, simply one of communication.

Which is not to be reprimanding or whatever, I'm just trying to give advice.  I encourage you to go ahead and "spell it out in plain words"- no theological position will "get you in trouble" or be censored in Veritas.
Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

October 10, 2007, 11:18:09 AM
Reply #7

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
Well...it is possible to make the argument that pretty much anything anybody "writes" (as in an article) has already been written, said and/or thought before, so what do you want me to say?

Would you make that argument if you plagairized an article and called it your own? I'm not making such an accusation of course, but I do mean to point out that this is YOUR article that YOU put effort into. Whether it was to provide information such as your viewpoint/opinion or because you feel is necessary for the world to know or because it was completely masturbatory is something you should really think about, just like Zake pointed out in better words than I can muster.

I think I made it fairly clear as to what I was attempting to do by writing this article.

I'm sorry, but you didn't. Please clarify so that I can understand.
I'm sorry you don't have a "glowing review" for what I wrote, M_T, but I spent a lot of time on it & it means something to me and, hopefully, it will mean something to a few other people, too. 

If it means something to you, then my review, glowing or not, matters little. I never intended for my last comment to be a "review" but honestly as a question that I'd like to reiterate again:

Where is the article? From what I can tell the article is roughly 70% dictionary definitions (and I doubt I'm overexaggerating since you used no less than 3 different dictionaries to produce 20 some odd definitions.) 20% legal disclaimer, and 10% cryptic notes mxed in.

I'm fairly certain I know why you put this together, and the time requred to amass all the definitions and type them out is lengthy, no doubt. I applaud you for your effort, but certainly you could make it a litle more obvious of what we're supposed to get out of it. As far as I'm aware, you've taken English classes in college, correct? Maybe if you reorganized it into Essay format with a topic paragraph, a body, and a conclusion, it would help readers understand.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

October 12, 2007, 05:55:55 AM
Reply #8

queen of the south

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    WTF?????
    • View Profile
    • Mind2win
We have here someone who is intellectually evolved,but not grounded.Have patience with Wonderland-Do you think it is easy to step through the looking glass???

October 14, 2007, 02:36:33 AM
Reply #9

Wonderland

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    ISIS
    • View Profile

log(superscript2) - n. Logarithm - var. of  Algorism (hmmm...sounds like inconvenient truth.)

Thanks for the constructive criticism, Zake.  You make some fine points and I hope to soon become more refined in making my points.  queen of the south - what can I say?  We seem to know each other without knowing each other.  I thank you for your kindness as always.  Heck - I'm not even "mad" at M_T.  However, I must ask - and still you mock me, empty, oops I mean M_T?   :P  Four short little days after posting my article, Al Gore was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.  It seems I am connected to something, regardless of whether you want to admit it or not.   :headwall:

November 02, 2007, 11:36:52 PM
Reply #10

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile
Perhaps I'm missing something, but what exactly did any of this have to do with Al Gore?

And I must agree with Martial Thoughts here that an essay format would get your message across better. I really have no idea what the point of the whole article was because it's arranged in a very strange disconnected manner. Perhaps a rewrite would be more insightful.
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

November 03, 2007, 08:38:05 AM
Reply #11

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Al Gore has a movie called An Inconvenient Truth.