Author Topic: Servitors and Egregores: Hermetic Approach  (Read 26635 times)

August 14, 2007, 01:39:00 PM
Reply #15

ShapeLess

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Hermetic, Psionic, Choas
    • View Profile
From my views, think of the servitor as a pet, a dog. Dogs are naturally intelligent, but house dogs are dependent. If you know dogs you know what I mean. So if your dog runs away, theres a possibility it will learn to fend for its own and break away from being house fed. So yea i say possible, if you don't understand my analogy just ignore it. Hope i helped, and understood the question.

August 14, 2007, 03:03:39 PM
Reply #16

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
An intelligent/Dependable Servitor dissolves when its "source" dies out.  Such a servitor can be made independent only by the will of its creator.  This is because the only thing that is capable of severing the "dependence" of the servitor is the creator him or herself. 
Soham Sivoham Aham Brahma Asmi Mahavakya
Suddha satchitananda purna parabrahma
Chidananda Rupa Sivoham Sivoham

August 14, 2007, 03:21:10 PM
Reply #17

ShapeLess

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Hermetic, Psionic, Choas
    • View Profile
Haha, thx for the correction. I learned something new.

August 14, 2007, 07:42:05 PM
Reply #18

MightyFalcon

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Point of Light Across Time
    • View Profile
    • Society Tomorrow Podcast
Now for a slightly more complicated question, if the "source of energy" for a servitor is the creator's vital energy, what is the possibility of the creator needing conscious acknowledgement of the creation, does this mean that an involitary situation such as unconsciousness or coma/vegetative state disallows this conscious approval of existance. If the case being that the body generating vital force is required to maintain the servitor that should technically keep it from dissolving.
Unique are we humans in that we are the only species to know waste ~Me

October 04, 2007, 07:39:21 AM
Reply #19

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Would a unconscious and vegetative state of the physical body affect the possible conscious state of the finer bodies? I have no experience in this area, so I cannot answer your question, but one thing you might like to think about is the dynamics of what is actually going on. For example, the physical body does not create vital force, and so damage to the physical body does not necessarily mean damage to the vital force.

Namaste

May 22, 2009, 05:46:03 AM
Reply #20

wondering

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I printed that info, that is aside from the ebook I've got in making servitors. Coz it looks interesting and magical.

There are even some magicians out there that sells items and jewelries with servitors bonded to it.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.
              - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

June 03, 2009, 04:01:55 PM
Reply #21

MightyFalcon

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Point of Light Across Time
    • View Profile
    • Society Tomorrow Podcast
Although the issue was dealt with in another thread, ill re-iterate the info for availability purposes. Throw heavy caution to the wind when buying a "bound" item, often times it is too difficult to verify the reputability of the "creator" plus if the purpose behind purchasing said item is due to lack of creation experience, there remains a reasonable chance that there would be a moderate problem in detecting its presence or confirm its mission and effectiveness. Usually it is better off being made and maintained on a personal basis.
Unique are we humans in that we are the only species to know waste ~Me