Author Topic: Setting Triggers  (Read 13282 times)

July 11, 2007, 10:50:07 AM
Read 13282 times

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
Setting Triggers 

As humans, there is so much more to us then meets the eye. We are capable of doing many things labeled "supernatural" but is it really supernatural? We are all capable of doing these things but what stops us is the limitations of our beliefs. As long as we believe we cannot do something, our minds make it so. It is the complex workings of the mind, specifically the subconscious mind, that can be used negatively or positively. One positive use I have discovered is the use of setting triggers or short cuts.

How does this work? If you have ever heard of Pavlov's Dog, you will start to get an idea of what "conditioning" is. In the experiment, Pavlov would train a dog by ringing a bell and offering food when the dog would come. As this was repeated over and over, the ringing of the bell was associated with a treat. Soon the dog was so conditioned that the ringing of the bell would automatically make him start to salivate because the bell was associated with food.

We can apply this same conditioning to our psi practice by the setting of a trigger. In Pavlov's experiment, the bell was the trigger that set off the process itself. The subconscious has what we call reticular programming, which means it seeks out what it is programmed to do and subconscious habit is a product of conditioning. The mind will immediately go to work on the task without the conscious direction or conscious command.

Let's take the example of practicing the skill of telekinesis thru the utilization of the psi wheel. After practicing for awhile, it would happen that the psi wheel would start turning when I would just enter the room because it had been so conditioned to set to work on that task repeatedly. This made it difficult to control the psi wheel after awhile because I would practice in the same way, making it turn one way then turn the other.

There are several ways to set a trigger. One way is to just start using one like a color, verbal command, gesture for skills. I personally have triggers set for several skills such as shielding and intaking energy just to mention a few. To give you a better idea of a trigger I use, I tug on my ear lobe when I shield. Each time I go thru the motions of setting the shield, I tug my ear lobe. That particular gesture starts to be associated with shielding so that eventually, all you have to do to shield is to tug your ear lobe. Uri Gellar is another good example. If you have ever watched any of his demonstrations, he puts his whole physiology into the process. He mentally focuses and then yells "MOVE!" In this example, he not only uses a verbal trigger but he also emotionally charges that trigger. When the trigger is emotionally charged, you will visualize what it is like to feel successful at moving the object with a blast of power, or any other emotion you want to use. For this reason, people that accidentally do TK, did it when they were highly emotionally charged. Extreme anger is often responsible for this because anger is a volatile and highly projected emotion and has a strong effect but I don't suggest using anger. The sole reason for this is that using the trigger will also trigger this emotion. It would be rediculous that every time you want to do a psionic skill, that you trigger anger and walk around angry for no reason other then to have more power.

The benefits of triggers are that its conditioned well in advance and can then be used in your every day life. The triggers are so well conditioned that you don't have to go thru the manual processes of focusing, concentrating your energy and then projecting it consciously. These processes happen with the subconscious mind automatically without you having to do them consciously.

So take some time to think about what you can use as a trigger. Using visualization to see them happening in the now or emotionally charging the trigger in the way you want it. Then start using it. It can happen in as little as one session but should be used many times to condition the trigger. I also suggest that you vary your practice routines with varied objects of focus and techniques.

some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

September 17, 2007, 08:35:11 PM
Reply #1

Redefine

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
this is an interesting thing...but couldnt one get dependent on their triggers and not be able to use their abilities for anything else? it may be a slower learning process, but wouldnt it in the end be more productive to instead of using triggers, to use the processes in itself untill it becomes automatic WITHOUT a trigger, or the thought and intent provides a trigger for the kinetic intent that can be applied to a range of things, outside of the conditioning of a bell and dog. :dog:
On a concrete road to recovery
cause I'm knocking over every cone
in front of me.

September 18, 2007, 01:23:01 PM
Reply #2

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
What you described IS a trigger.  the trigger is esentially creating that shortcut of automatically being able to do teh technique.  A trigger doesnt have to be a physical gesture at all.  To set a trigger, one HAS to be able to preferm the technique manually and be good at it to get a decent trigger set.

September 18, 2007, 06:46:13 PM
Reply #3

Redefine

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
yeah i guess...i guess i took what you said as assigning physical gestures for every single psychic thing you do for every situation. dont people do this anyway though? i know it happens in music...i play trumpet right...at the start i have to physically do what i want the trumpet to do, but after a while it becomes automatic...you create a mental trigger without actually conciously creating a trigger...thats what i was talking about...but otherwise, its a good article...
and i can see it being usefull in the everyday things that you might use
On a concrete road to recovery
cause I'm knocking over every cone
in front of me.

September 19, 2007, 06:20:45 AM
Reply #4

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
Thats the whole idea though, you want it to become so second nature that you can do it without going thru the manual steps all the time.  As you said you play trumpet.  I dont know if you do marching band or anything but I did when I was a kid and to think back about it now, not only did we memorize many songs to the point where your fingers automatically hit the right keys at the right time, but the attention could be directed elsewhere to watch the conductor, the row in front of you, even the croud and if you did it on a football field doing formations, you also memorize where you are supposed to be at any given point in the performance.  This is because psi is a function of the subconscious mind.  The only part of learning psi when its not a natural innate skill is trying to reproduce results in a controlled environment.  Good Luck.

August 27, 2010, 12:47:08 PM
Reply #5

akusoy

• View Profile
I heard about the DOG trigger that you mentioned from the Maxwell Maltz- Psycho Cybernetics book.
It talks about it in more detail and relates to  other things too.
Force unleased!

October 19, 2010, 05:46:15 AM
Reply #6

superzeno

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
hmmm so can I condition to set a trigger like if I say "psi sphere" to subconsciously create a psi ball

October 19, 2010, 10:28:20 AM
Reply #7

Vorthos

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Every person's life flows from one idea.
    • View Profile
I really like this idea. It's interesting because our sub-conscious writes it's own triggers over time, like your psi-wheel issue. But it is another thing entirely to try to force triggers into your sub-conscious. But it would be well worth the effort, especially with shielding. Your sub-conscious is always aware of a threat before your conscious, even if only by a portion of a second and, lets face it, parts of seconds mater. You could set up a trigger where your sub-conscious automatically throws up a shield the moment it detects a threat...very nice.
Of all the exercises, diets, programs, and habits which the world tells us are healthy, the single most important, and most neglected, is an avid practice of Qi Gong.

October 20, 2010, 03:26:53 AM
Reply #8

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
I think in many ways the subconscious already does this in your every day life.  Some people would call these red flags.  You just feel "funny" and your body sets into your awareness that something is off.

October 20, 2010, 06:01:24 AM
Reply #9

Vorthos

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Every person's life flows from one idea.
    • View Profile
Yes, our sub-conscious absolutely sets its own triggers in our day to today life. The problem with these automatic responses is that they are often ineffectual. They are little more than sub-conscious guesses. So, they are usually either the wrong response or a very weak version of the right response. It's kind of like throwing a punch, everyone knows how and everyone will throw one in a fight. But, it still takes years of training to be able to perfect that punch with the correct timing and technique and by the time you have trained that much you will actually put less thought into throwing a perfect punch than you would have put into throwing one that was 90% ineffectual.
Of all the exercises, diets, programs, and habits which the world tells us are healthy, the single most important, and most neglected, is an avid practice of Qi Gong.

November 06, 2010, 05:38:17 AM
Reply #10

whitemark21

• View Profile
hi i am here to learn about setting please do reply me

November 06, 2010, 09:23:51 AM
Reply #11

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
what is it that you want to ask that the article does not cover?

November 23, 2012, 03:09:55 PM
Reply #12

The Yellow Magician

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Nemo me Impune Lacessit
    • View Profile
this is an interesting thing...but couldnt one get dependent on their triggers and not be able to use their abilities for anything else? it may be a slower learning process, but wouldnt it in the end be more productive to instead of using triggers, to use the processes in itself untill it becomes automatic WITHOUT a trigger, or the thought and intent provides a trigger for the kinetic intent that can be applied to a range of things, outside of the conditioning of a bell and dog. :dog:

Well, I use triggers for several skills. One of them is reaching that specail level of mind at any time, any place and deeply, with all my skills at command. I use my tongue or my fingers, like mudras, but they look innocent to any person, or I put my hand inside my pants and bingo! I am ready to work.

Does that answer your question and eases your perceived objections?

Great subject ChezNips. This is a must to know and achieve.  :cool:
Celebrating 27 years of meditation practice, delving deeper in the mystical, mantic arts and hands-on thaumaturgy.

And if I told you that I loved you.
You'd maybe think there's something wrong,
Im not a man of too many faces,
The mask I wear is one.
Those who speak know nothing,
And find out to their cost,
Like those who curse their luck in too many places,
And those who fear are lost...

November 23, 2012, 03:18:34 PM
Reply #13

The Yellow Magician

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Nemo me Impune Lacessit
    • View Profile
hmmm so can I condition to set a trigger like if I say "psi sphere" to subconsciously create a psi ball

Exactly so.  :)

And you can use triggers to make it grow, or diminish in size, or fire...  :cool:
Celebrating 27 years of meditation practice, delving deeper in the mystical, mantic arts and hands-on thaumaturgy.

And if I told you that I loved you.
You'd maybe think there's something wrong,
Im not a man of too many faces,
The mask I wear is one.
Those who speak know nothing,
And find out to their cost,
Like those who curse their luck in too many places,
And those who fear are lost...