Author Topic: ki and God  (Read 11704 times)

December 21, 2003, 10:30:14 PM
Reply #45

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
lets say you created a robot and told it to obey you. then the little robot grows up and makes his own decisions and decides to do what your arch nemesis tells him to do. wouldn't you be a little angry? one of two things would happen, 1) you would push the self destruct button and hope he enjoys the fact that you programmed him to feel pain. or 2) you let him do what he wants because you created him and you love him. (its all theoretical) God makes his own decisions. if you take a gun, and kill a deer to help feed a needy family, he will like that. if you take a gun and shoot a bum on the street, he won't be so happy. the same is with chi or psi or magick. it's all your choice.

also, don't label all christians as mother loving "magick" hating weirdo's. I'm christian and I've spoke with others of my faith, and we all agree that its just a normal thing. the definitian of "sorcery" is selling your soul for enhanced magical capabilities. or practicing satanic magick. whatever.

I believe there are more gods than one, but the god that is most commonly worshipped today I think is the god of mercy and justice. he created the humans, he is our savior. Jesus is the man. the Father of Jesus has other things to worry about. the whole old testament is refering to Jesus. according to modern revelation. anyway I'm getting carried away, I have very complex beliefs.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

December 22, 2003, 08:32:29 AM
Reply #46

LightLink

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
complex beliefs that make no sence...

The old testament never even mentions jesus, unless I am remembering incorrecly.

Jesus is not god, not even a god, hes just the son of a god. Guess you could call him a demi-god lol

you have a couple little wholes in your belief there...

December 22, 2003, 11:23:43 AM
Reply #47

darksheep

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Quote from: LightLink
complex beliefs that make no sence...

The old testament never even mentions jesus, unless I am remembering incorrecly.

Jesus is not god, not even a god, hes just the son of a god. Guess you could call him a demi-god lol

you have a couple little wholes in your belief there...

hey man i think it says a bunch of giberish about how jesus and god and some other dude are one so i think that makes jesus god and god jesus

December 22, 2003, 12:02:08 PM
Reply #48

LightLink

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
LOL! please. Jesus cannot be god. God cannot be his own son. I don't know who came up with that idea, but its a stupid one. And a catholic one too. Catholics are wied IMHO...

Please, it makes no sence for god to be his own son. The bible does say that Jesus is gods son, but I don't think it ever said that they are the same guy.

December 22, 2003, 01:37:23 PM
Reply #49

darksheep

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
well im not 100% on this one im not big on theology but i know for a fact it says something about the trinity or something

December 22, 2003, 08:21:49 PM
Reply #50

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
Ok, why the fuck has this topic turned into a christanity bashing session ? (not that I mind :p ).

Why does ki need to be considered from a 'god' point of view? Come to think of it, why do people keep getting into these god discussions in the first place? Noone ever agrees with anyone and no conclusion is ever drawn, except maybe getting the topic locked . Does noone here have anything better to do ? :p
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

December 23, 2003, 02:22:46 AM
Reply #51

Smiffy

• Posts By Osmosis

• He's Smiffarific

• Personal Text
    Riding in with a Cow, a Sofa and a Keg of Bleaer..
    • View Profile
Quote from: Silver_Archer
Does noone here have anything better to do ? :p

lol, i don't(well, i could train, but i don't have any people around to practice on)

<Tsumaru> STFU RAITARO, I SHALL DESTROY THEE
* Raitaro pats tsu
<Raitaro> So cute <3

December 23, 2003, 06:15:46 AM
Reply #52

Yaksha

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
The bible does not say that jesus is god.
The "trinity" is a catholic invention and has very little to do with the actual bible.
The old testament makes many references to a messiah who will come and be the king of the jews and gives many signs of what that person will be like that coincides with the story of jesus. Whether or not that person is jesus is for you to decide.
You've only spent a second of your life.
My world is unaffected, there is an exit here,
I say it is and then its true.
There is a dream inside a dream,
I'm wide awake the more I sleep,
You'll understand when I'm dead.

December 24, 2003, 04:37:15 PM
Reply #53

HaPkIdOKiD150

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
i think there is no good or evil only power and how and what you choose to do with it.
:doggie: = me in another life

December 24, 2003, 06:07:06 PM
Reply #54

Yaksha

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Quote from: Martial Thoughts
read leviticus chapters I think 14 through 22. it says I think in 18 no man shall bed with one of his own, or something to that effect, which means no homosexuality, or you shall burn in the fiery pitts of hell, yadda yadda yadda. personally I think hell will be Ice cold, because I hate the cold and like the flames baby!

Not exactly, you read too much into it. But it never mentions hell, does it?

I found one chapter 18 verse 22 where it calls gaayness an abomination

But you must take the context as well. This is for the really old days when people were new on the earth. Its mostly a long list of guidelines on how to avoid getting Ill.

In the story line of the bible, god has to keep revising old rules to keep up with the changes that people go through as they progress through the ages. This was one of the first set of rules for a fairly naive people.
As people became an older species, he gave them less and more general rules. Most of the time, its an obvious attempt to create a flourishing society to deal with their environment and internal politics.

He says, if you can accomplish this, you can have heaven on earth. But each time only a few people listen or even care, so he has to rebuild a new society. He keeps altering the society and altering the rules to create a drag net to catch the kind of people who would be able to hold together a stong society without being self-destructive.  

You might see it as a way of tracking and assisting mankind's evolution.

But see, theres no hell in the greek or hebrew bible. What hell is is simply death. If god thinks you got what it takes, he'll resurrect you someday and put you in a society that you can truly be proud of. If you don't got what it takes, god just lets you die, and reuses the parts to try again.
You've only spent a second of your life.
My world is unaffected, there is an exit here,
I say it is and then its true.
There is a dream inside a dream,
I'm wide awake the more I sleep,
You'll understand when I'm dead.