Author Topic: ki and God  (Read 11701 times)

December 19, 2003, 10:50:50 PM
Reply #30

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
Quote from: Martial Thoughts
...I respect women more than men...

Why don't you respect both men and women just the same?
Develop mind and body to enhance the spirit.

December 19, 2003, 11:00:09 PM
Reply #31

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
that sounds like a good idea. it is my personal motto to have respect for everyone. I sound like a hypocrite. sorry, thanks for pointing that out for me to fix.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

December 19, 2003, 11:08:43 PM
Reply #32

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
No problem.  It was more of an inquiry than anything else.
Develop mind and body to enhance the spirit.

December 19, 2003, 11:41:40 PM
Reply #33

Switcher

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
re
Bleck. Christianity. I dont mean to slam it, but some of its idea's are so unreasonable. For example, in umm. i think its revelations or leviticus, it says that all who practice magick will be cast into a burning lake of sulphur. That doesnt sound like a very forgiving and kind god. If using gifts that so called "God" has given to you is a "sin" then im perfectly happy to burn in hell, because i would rather burn in hell than give up my free will and right to choose how i live my life.

December 20, 2003, 02:02:22 AM
Reply #34

darksheep

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Quote from: Switcher
Bleck. Christianity. I dont mean to slam it, but some of its idea's are so unreasonable. For example, in umm. i think its revelations or leviticus, it says that all who practice magick will be cast into a burning lake of sulphur. That doesnt sound like a very forgiving and kind god. If using gifts that so called "God" has given to you is a "sin" then im perfectly happy to burn in hell, because i would rather burn in hell than give up my free will and right to choose how i live my life.

aight man it says dont practice wich craft because acording to the religion that is basicly saying "Hey god im trying to be as powerful as you, but not through you im trying to be as powerful as you through the other guy (the devil and gods other than him)" so basicly if you dont try and get power from "the wrong sorces" then as a christian you would be in good shape.

December 20, 2003, 02:19:25 AM
Reply #35

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Yeah apparently "witchcraft" is power from the Devil, and stupid Christians classify everything like Chi and Psi and all that as witchcraft. But I dont get it - The Devil is Satan who is Lucifer who was an angel created by God but he got all greedy and wanted to be powerful and so he was cast out or something and became the Devil or whatever. Well, why doesnt God just kill the bitch? He cant be tougher than God if God created him.
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

December 20, 2003, 02:22:40 AM
Reply #36

darksheep

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Quote from: Tsumaru
Yeah apparently "witchcraft" is power from the Devil, and stupid Christians classify everything like Chi and Psi and all that as witchcraft. But I dont get it - The Devil is Satan who is Lucifer who was an angel created by God but he got all greedy and wanted to be powerful and so he was cast out or something and became the Devil or whatever. Well, why doesnt God just kill the bitch? He cant be tougher than God if God created him.

Nobody knows mabey gods bored or something

December 20, 2003, 08:29:29 AM
Reply #37

Smiffy

• Posts By Osmosis

• He's Smiffarific

• Personal Text
    Riding in with a Cow, a Sofa and a Keg of Bleaer..
    • View Profile
and also if God kills the devil then christians won't have a scapegoat to blame everything that they don't like on.

this is a little off topic but i've read the book of revelations(final book in the christian bible for those of you who don't know) and it seemed to me that God was acting like a spoilt child, throwing tantrums and generaly punnishing people just cause they don't want to worship Him. I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed that.

<Tsumaru> STFU RAITARO, I SHALL DESTROY THEE
* Raitaro pats tsu
<Raitaro> So cute <3

December 20, 2003, 10:44:44 AM
Reply #38

CanadianBuddhist

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Most of the people burned for practicing witchcraft were shamans. The god in the bible does act like a spoiled child and he is clearly a lesser god, not the true god. The true god wouldn't be so anti-human.

December 20, 2003, 11:14:44 AM
Reply #39

Switcher

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
re
This is getting into spirituality, but i myself dont believe there is a true God.  To be all powerful and perfect is a paradox. Its impossible. THe actions in the bible prove that God cannot be perfect, not to mention the reason he may be acting like a spoiled child is the fact that power corrupts. If your all powerful, whats to stop you from doing whatever you please?

December 20, 2003, 02:38:18 PM
Reply #40

Yaksha

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
God is the conscious essence of each thing all together working as a whole.

Its impossible for any individual thing to be all powerful, but everything in existance as it is working together cant help but be all powerful. See?

Its pretty obvious when you think about it.
You've only spent a second of your life.
My world is unaffected, there is an exit here,
I say it is and then its true.
There is a dream inside a dream,
I'm wide awake the more I sleep,
You'll understand when I'm dead.

December 20, 2003, 03:11:46 PM
Reply #41

Kenners

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kenners.cjb.net
Well if you ate everything then yes! Grab a fork I'm eatting the world!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey!  I'm a golden god!  Back off!

December 20, 2003, 03:34:46 PM
Reply #42

Smiffy

• Posts By Osmosis

• He's Smiffarific

• Personal Text
    Riding in with a Cow, a Sofa and a Keg of Bleaer..
    • View Profile
*stabs kenners with a piece of ham for being a god and eating the world*
*kenners dies a hammy death*

now, back on topic. what i would say to the whole is ki evil thing would be that it depends how you use it and what your perception of evil is.

<Tsumaru> STFU RAITARO, I SHALL DESTROY THEE
* Raitaro pats tsu
<Raitaro> So cute <3

December 20, 2003, 03:57:18 PM
Reply #43

quitewarrior

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
i thought of something that made me laugh. If you use qi gong for good perposes you are healthy and powerful. Then i thought if you used chi gong for evil uses which would be the opposite wouldn't that make you unhealthy and less powerful. So Quote evil qi gong unqoute would be useless.
You can either agree with me or you could be wrong.

What would you rather be,honorable and dead,or dishonorable and alive."

December 21, 2003, 02:33:06 PM
Reply #44

Kenners

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kenners.cjb.net
You know what guys I'm going to stick by my theroy that you just have to reach deep down next to those cookies you ate and look for the answer yourself theroy, because I"m going to say that we really shouldn't go starting a religious cult here and start telling people what is and isn't evil.....or we could (throws on an evil smirk and runs off to gather his candals and ceromonial knives. :-D )

P.S. Mayhap we should lock this topic and just tell people that the majority of us belive this stuff is ok as long as your not being evil yourself and that it's something you ultimitly need to find out for yourself :elephant:

^Just my opinion there, so I'm not expecting anyone to listen.
Hey!  I'm a golden god!  Back off!