Author Topic: spring forest qigong  (Read 1563 times)

July 02, 2007, 10:05:10 AM
Read 1563 times

anomanderis

• Settling In

• View Profile
Yesterday I watched a video of Spring Forest Qigong that had some pretty interesting energy drawing/circulating moving exercises, but what really caught my attention was that the chinese guy, who was presenting the exercises (and who had created them), told that the Tan Tien is just behind the navel.
Everywhere that I have read, the Tan Tien has always been below and behind the navel. Is he basically correct that the Tan Tien encompasses the region of the navel as well or is he just plain "wrong"?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 09:59:37 AM by anomanderis »

July 03, 2007, 11:18:22 PM
Reply #1

fox-blood

• View Profile
No the tan-tien is always in the same place. It's where all the energy comes in and go's out so it would automatically balance it's position with the different flows of energy in the body. However I suppose the tan-tien might be located in that region depending on the size/shape of your body or some kind of irregularity in your flow of energy, but Yeah the dantien is expected to be located lower than the navel.

July 23, 2007, 05:50:47 PM
Reply #2

wokendreams

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    All power is within.
    • View Profile
hmmm i wonder if the reason for this is that its right where the intestines are which is where the body takes energy from food.
Google will show your posts. Carefull.

July 30, 2007, 10:33:37 AM
Reply #3

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
It's position is marked appropriately on a diagram of the chakras within the body.

The location of each having direct relation to the body itself, as in this case, to do with digestion and the consumption of vital energies for the body.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha