Author Topic: zhang jing?  (Read 1542 times)

June 21, 2007, 03:55:14 AM
Read 1542 times

anomanderis

• Settling In

• View Profile
After about a few days of familiarizing myself with Koujiryuu's great articles on Qigong, i started doing it for the first time yesterday and this morning had an interesting dream, wherein i was approached by a qigong master who was willing to teach me after i passed his test - check out June 21st http://www.dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=38424.

I don't remember reading about anything called zhang jing, jang jing or zhang zhing and google doesn't tell me anything either, so i wanted to know if any of you have ever heard of anything like this and the described greeting as well?

June 21, 2007, 05:33:04 AM
Reply #1

IsApOs

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
To get it out of the way very quickly (and to avoid it being repeated in the next 10 responses), it was a dream and could have been nothing more.

The bubble being burst, the only thing I can think of is the terminology of Jing, which is has been described as a form of energy. Caution when searching this on the internet as one generally comes across many Radki sites. With this in mind, if you were to perhaps research the various meaning of the first word and its variety of spellings, perhaps you will divine something from that.

With this being said, it would appear that this master would only be able to train you in your dreams, and that does not seem the best location to begin your training.

Namaste

June 21, 2007, 09:10:00 AM
Reply #2

anomanderis

• Settling In

• View Profile
I know that it could've just been a "normal" dream and not a visitation by a martial arts master :wink:
I guess i'll just have to see if he shows up again or not.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 06:34:30 AM by anomanderis »

June 24, 2007, 11:35:25 PM
Reply #3

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Could the term possibly have been zhan zhuang?
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 25, 2007, 06:51:52 AM
Reply #4

anomanderis

• Settling In

• View Profile
Could the term possibly have been zhan zhuang?

I remember reading about zhan zhuang the day before the dream (which would be logical if it indeed was only a dream), but i am fairly certain that the last word had an "i" in it, phonetically that'd be considered as "ee". Of course, there remains the possibility that what the master pronounced and what i thought he pronounced are 2 different things. I'll have to further my lucid dreaming skill and see if i can call upon the master.