Author Topic: Intense MP Exsperience  (Read 2695 times)

June 12, 2007, 07:18:22 PM
Read 2695 times

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
So, has anyone else almost passed out during the MP or another ritual unexpectedly? I was just trying out the MP again after a loooooooong hiatus (and before the Hiatus, I only did it a handful of times) and I was stopping to read the next name since I hadn't done it  in a looooong time...and didn't expect any result at all , you know just trying to get the feel of it again.

Anyway, each sphere I went down through, I kept getting REALLY hot in that area, the only place I didn't get extremely hot, was at my feet, which only became slightly warmer. Then during the circulation of light, I got really queezy and dizzy and had trouble breathing and standing, so I threw off my robe and tried to finish the ritual and when I did, I just dropped to the floor, unable to will myself to stand anylonger and totally exhausted. All I wanted to do was puke.

Here I am, 10-15 minutes later and the nausea has almost completely subsides thankful. It was an interesting experience to say the least.

Oh, and I Was not hyperventilating, I was only standing for 5-10 minutes and I didn't rush through it (at least not intentionally. Is 5-10 minutes far too short for the ritual?).

Comments? Personal experiences? Share. :)

~Adept

June 12, 2007, 08:59:16 PM
Reply #1

Darkflame

• Posts By Osmosis

• Frequent poster

• View Profile
Then during the circulation of light, I got really queezy and dizzy and had trouble breathing and standing, so I threw off my robe and tried to finish the ritual and when I did, I just dropped to the floor, unable to will myself to stand anylonger and totally exhausted. All I wanted to do was puke.

Sounds similar to the symptoms my girlfriend reported when I performed it on her. Except she started shivering and got a massive headache as well.

June 13, 2007, 04:14:24 AM
Reply #2

Frater Mugen

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    呪術師
    • View Profile
I'm not going to make too many assumptions, since I don't know what your regular practice is like, but if I had to guess I would say that there was a high level of resistance [in your "energy body"].  I would say your ability to access and flow the energy through you is high, but your ability to handle it is low (in relation to how much energy you are putting through you, not necessarily in comparison to others).  This can be compared to running electricity through a wire, where resistance converts the energy into heat.  Using other terminology, you may have experienced kriyas (sanskrit), which is in reaction to working toward clearing the blockage.  Consistent practice should clear the blockages and allow the intense sensations to subside (assuming a consistent amount of energy flow).  You may wish to do a slightly gentler energy work practice and not go so hardcore on the Middle Pillar for a bit.  I personally have only had pleasant experiences with the MP, but there could be a number of reasons for this.  At any rate, I have since stopped practicing it as I am currently operating under a different paradigm.  If/When I go back to practicing Hermetic Kabbalah I'll definitely pick it up again though, since it's a good practice.

June 13, 2007, 04:32:13 AM
Reply #3

Jesse9209

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I've had some experiences when i was practicing qigong more that during some meditations my body heat would go up and I would have a lack of feeling of my body and other weird symptoms they werent always the same once after a breathing exercise i couldnt walk for about 10 minutes from too much energy circulating but i did the exercise again and it was fine my body just wasnt used to that much energy. I'd guess thats what happened with you since you havnt done it much.

I dont know that much about the ritual I did it recently just to try it but I think just from reading the art of true healing maybe you should try this laying down on your back while you do or possibly just in a seated position on a chair. I did it for a half hour like it seems recommended as you watch each sphere for 5 minutes after doing the names.

I'm by no means an expert or knowledgable about this ritual except for reading a few articles, but thats my understanding of it hope it helps.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 07:05:29 AM by Jesse9209 »

June 13, 2007, 10:41:08 AM
Reply #4

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
Nyah, we used to have a version of the MPR but now I can't find it. Can someone link me?
The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

June 13, 2007, 11:09:14 AM
Reply #5

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

June 13, 2007, 11:52:05 AM
Reply #6

holycleric

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
All mankind is of one author, and is one volume. As therefore the bell that rings to a sermon, calls not upon the preacher only, but upon the congregation to come. Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee

June 13, 2007, 09:09:57 PM
Reply #7

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
I already replied to you on MSN, but I will reply here for the sake of it.
     The heat can be considered a good sign of proper attention in the area, and at least, a larger flow of blood to that area, if not some stimulating of the corresponding 'sephirah', in my own case, the sephirah being stimulated is signified by a combination of heat, 'shocks' and vibrations. In your case, as was said earlier, it would seem that the energy you manifested was more than you are used to, which causes such symptoms. Time spent repeatedly channeling energy would remove that in time, for such, just repeat the MPR more, being able to sit well in an asana will also deal with this problem well. On the side, I am interested in the method you used specifically, what vibrations, what colours, how many vibrations etc.
     Along with that, yes, 5-10 minutes *is* considered relatively short. 30 minutes is more average, and some people I know say 'if it's less than 50 minutes you are going to fast, and not experiencing its proper power, if you go more than 70 minutes, you are taking too long' However, 30 minutes was mentioned by regardie in one of his works on it, so 30 minutes could be considered reasonable at first. This means, that after vibrations, you should not just move to the next one, but keep focus on that sephirah for some time (say 5 minutes each one).

June 14, 2007, 02:59:58 AM
Reply #8

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Interesting responses. The too much energy makes sense, but I'm just so surprised that I managed to achieve that with he half assed job I did. I mean, I was only attempting to read the ritual and get the visualisation and production down. I was expecting a tingle at best considering the fact I was stopping to read instructions. Amazing.

On the side, I am interested in the method you used specifically, what vibrations, what colours, how many vibrations etc.   

By what vibrations I assume you mean names, in which case it was (excuses the spelling, I don't have my book in front of me) EHHEYEH, YHVH ELOHEIM, YHVH VE DAATH, SHADYE CHAI, ADONI HA ARETZ. from the SoM. I didn't use any colours except for white, although I think I recall unintentionally using the rainbow on occasion in the circulation of light (but that might just be poor recollection, and either way, it wasn't a constant rainbow if I did visualise it at all) and the number of vibrations...I wasn't really counting ^_^". Again, just trying to get the "feel" of the ritual but I'd say about 5-10 maybe? I know your not supposed top go over 7, but I wasn't expecting anything more than a tingle either way.

June 14, 2007, 10:21:14 AM
Reply #9

Camer222

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    गते गते पारगते पारसंगते बोधि स्वाहा
    • View Profile
Hmmmm I may sound stpid (but I usaly stick to the earthy side, so i have an excuse :rolleyes:  ) But wht is MP?
Faith and Reason must meet in the middle for there to be lasting progress of humanity and planetary evolution.
Eliphas Levi

There are many paths to enlightenment. Be sure to take the one with a heart.
  Lao Tzu

June 14, 2007, 11:59:58 AM
Reply #10

MikeWho

• A Familiar Feature

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Ani otseh ha-orad
    • View Profile
Middle Pillar Ritual.

I never had any experience like that when I was doing this ritual. I however would not be able to fall asleep. I think that it has more to do with the frenzy, and personal excitement (I know that this is a little dissapointing.)

June 14, 2007, 12:51:32 PM
Reply #11

Calvin

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Im in your statues

• Personal Text
    ...watchin your peoples
    • View Profile
Never passed out from it...

Though once I got a fairly intense pain shoot up my back... It only lasted an instant but it was enough to make my spring up from the position I was laying in.
Vitamyst

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

"Like, how do you summon 1.4 significant members? Simple, 1 significant member, followed by a certain number of random occurences of Arck."
-Vivi, on the summoning of past members