Author Topic: i have a question  (Read 6590 times)

May 26, 2007, 08:07:46 PM
Read 6590 times

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
 I have a question, i have never done focused meditation or void meditation or any soul techniques. Yet i am able to utilise psi abillities using the articles at www.psipog.com, but i hear about their methods being too inefficient. But my question is this, what is everyone's opinions regarding the use of visualisation vs no visualisation? Id'e like to hear all of your opinions about this subject.

:teethy: PSIBALL ARMY OF DEATH!!  :teethy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

May 26, 2007, 08:24:18 PM
Reply #1

GhostWolf

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Visualisation is simply a tool, a step upon the ladder
GhostWolf

"Where Angels and Dragons fear to tread"
Warriors choose peace, others are condemned to it...

May 26, 2007, 09:00:49 PM
Reply #2

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Can you, with your physical arm, pick up a cup without first thinking about it? Is the thought alone what allows you to pick up the cup? The mechanism for causation is somewhere after the thought but before the action. Visualization should lead to action through that mechanism, which is sometimes called intent, sometimes called will, sometimes called other things :)

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

May 26, 2007, 09:47:27 PM
Reply #3

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
Can you, with your physical arm, pick up a cup without first thinking about it? Is the thought alone what allows you to pick up the cup? The mechanism for causation is somewhere after the thought but before the action. Visualization should lead to action through that mechanism, which is sometimes called intent, sometimes called will, sometimes called other things :)

~Steve

i never tought about it that way *thankies*    :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

May 27, 2007, 05:00:23 AM
Reply #4

GhostWolf

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Does one first think about picking up the cup... or think about what the cup contains...

does one think about the picking up the cup and then think abotu telling the body to pick up the cup...

or does one htink of what is in the cup.. and the body simply does it since it is a well practised movement?

such is the aim of many arts - martial and philosophical... to do things without thinking...

but then again many spiritual philosophies aim for the goal of being aware of all thought and thus thinking correctly and intently
GhostWolf

"Where Angels and Dragons fear to tread"
Warriors choose peace, others are condemned to it...

May 27, 2007, 08:04:52 AM
Reply #5

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Even the martial arts which eventually teach how to do without thought first teach how to do with thought, while paying proper attention to detail and concentrating on success. Eventually these learned behaviours/actions are trained to become thoughtless, but first they are trained with mindfulness.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?