Author Topic: Future of Psionics in the world we live in.  (Read 10101 times)

June 04, 2007, 08:32:59 PM
Reply #30

Sekhmet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Warrior...Not Princess... Klutz...
    • View Profile
Boo-ya!

June 04, 2007, 08:35:56 PM
Reply #31

Windsmover001

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile

June 04, 2007, 10:16:23 PM
Reply #32

Sekhmet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
ROFLMAO!!! LOL! Thank you Windsmover.
Boo-ya!

June 04, 2007, 10:59:26 PM
Reply #33

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    You are Me and I am You; I'll always Be with You
    • View Profile
    • My art work
i didnt notice that i accidentally added a strike through thingy >_>

But anyways:

On the Dark thing...I don't think that people with dark physical features are prone to "Evil". Look at India...so many great things and people have come from that part of the world (like Buddhism!) and everyone there is dark. I think the wrath you're referring to is a negative manifestation of Yin energies...Yin meaning the cosmic Feminine Energy. Anyone who's done some research regarding how Catholocism (among other religions) ravaged Paganism will understand this principle. These "dark" people you refer to had deep pagan roots (as well as the Celts who have much psychic potential within their race), many of them revolving around Goddess adoration and recognition.

These dark races had a direct connection and affinity for the Divine Feminine energies (aka "Binah", The Great Mother) and, for whatever reasons, imperialistic religions and modes of thought were not very fond of that. They pushed the idea of the Divine Masculine into the position of the "Supreme Diety" and made the Divine Feminine out to be the face of evil. They took the dark aspects of Yin and distorted them into obscurity, malevolance, under-handedness, lies, blind wrath, scheming, demonic, terror etc...in other words they destroyed the balance and harmony between the Divine Feminine's way of passive enduring strength, nuturing compassion and observation (think things like community, agriculture, working along side with nature, tolerance, patience, Water and Earth and the Macrocosm) and the Divine Masculine's ways of individuality, enterprise, assertion, pioneering drive and dynamic energy (think things like inventiveness, ingenuity, conquering/exploring new lands, leaving "home", goal-oriented thought, straight-foward thinking, competition, expressing one's individuality, progress, Drive itself, initiating, Fire and Air and the Microcosm). They succesfully knocked out Yin by demonizing it and making Yang to seem as the only form of goodness in the world. Just look at the Inquisition, witch burnings, the way many social structures went from recognizing women as divine creators to viewing them as subordinates, the demonizing of occult and mystical practices, the desecration of paganism and pantheonic beleifs along with animism...all of these were arranged and happened in an imperialistic effort to have the Divine Masculine come out on top and be the main form of recognized Divinity.

The idea was to eliminate the Feminine from people's frame of consciousness so that they could only perceive a portion of the world in a form of tunnel-vision. Think about it...do most men understand women? No. Women are perceived as mysterious, dark, tantalizing...an image of the untameable unknown. This is what happened to the Divine Feminine and all it represented and encompassed...it was transformed into the "dangerous unknown". It's blessings were perceived as curses. The result of this desecration of the Divine Feminine and the tunnel-vision it caused was all the senseless war and imperialistic regime that ensued in history...all the unneccesary conquering, empires, the insane amounts of violence, the destruction of the idea of community and social unity (look at nations and their illusory borders and patriotism/racism), as well as the unsatiable desire to conquer Nature. Nature moved down from a bountifull manifesation of benediction and Divine Power (storms, harsh weather circumstances, powerfull animals, the vastness of the world and other such things that make men seem puny) to a thing to be conquered and controlled. "Earth" was transformed to "dirt". We're now experiencing the repricussions of this excessive and pointless drive with golbal warming and pollution, among other things.

All of the excessive and oppresive Fire without the cooling, soothing and controlling of an equally powerful Water did a number on the world...and the aspirants of the Divine Feminine suffered the most because they were an "obstacle" that had to be eliminated. So when you look at these "dark" races and start thinking of gypsies casting curses, dark shamans and voodoo practioners and whatnot...remember: they have suffered throughout the ages and have been severly fucked with. Of course you're going to get some angry and wrathfull manifestations of the Divine Feminine. Certain aspects of Her have been mutated and convoluted into purely wrathful and power-hungry aspects which seek vengence. Why would a woman seek power? To conquer the men who oppress her of course. Same thing here.

Also, things like psychism and the powers of the unconscious mind and emotions are products of Yin energies...Feminine in nature. It's only natural that such things would be utilized as their greatest strength and not more overt things like physical and political wars and confrontations, etc.

So basically it's all for revenge and retribution. I'm not saying such vengance is justified and right, nor that everyone from these races have a natural tendancy to pursue occult powers for the sake of power alone...but what I am saying is that these are most likley the reasons behind this trend, and the main point that I'm trying to make clear iis that darkness is not to be associated with evil. Look at the polarities of Yin and Yang...you don't see Yang as "Good" and Yin as "Evil" (if you do you have to do your HW and figure out how the Chinese perceived these cosmic principles).

It's the same here.

The Dark, nubian Feminine is not "evil" or wretched...just deep, mysterious, ravaged, and misunderstood.
Following our Will and Wind, we may just go where no one's been

Solve et Coagula

Continue Expanding Consciousness...

aeresvistaas.daportfolio.com

June 04, 2007, 11:03:39 PM
Reply #34

Sekhmet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
i didnt notice that i accidentally added a strike through thingy >_>

But anyways:

All of the excessive and oppresive Fire without the cooling, soothing and controlling of an equally powerful Water did a number on the world...and the aspirants of the Divine Feminine suffered the most because they were an "obstacle" that had to be eliminated. So when you look at these "dark" races and start thinking of gypsies casting curses, dark shamans and voodoo practioners and whatnot...remember: they have suffered throughout the ages and have been severly fucked with. Of course you're going to get some angry and wrathfull manifestations of the Divine Feminine. Certain aspects of Her have been mutated and convoluted into purely wrathful and power-hungry aspects which seek vengence. Why would a woman seek power? To conquer the men who oppress her of course. Same thing here.

Also, things like psychism and the powers of the unconscious mind and emotions are products of Yin energies...Feminine in nature. It's only natural that such things would be utilized as their greatest strength and not more overt things like physical and political wars and confrontations, etc.

So basically it's all for revenge and retribution. I'm not saying such vengance is justified and right, nor that everyone from these races have a natural tendancy to pursue occult powers for the sake of power alone...but what I am saying is that these are most likley the reasons behind this trend, and the main point that I'm trying to make clear iis that darkness is not to be associated with evil. Look at the polarities of Yin and Yang...you don't see Yang as "Good" and Yin as "Evil" (if you do you have to do your HW and figure out how the Chinese perceived these cosmic principles).

It's the same here.

The Dark, nubian Feminine is not "evil" or wretched...just deep, mysterious, ravaged, and misunderstood.

You're saying in a nutshell that good cannot exist without evil and vice versa. I totally believe in this wholeheartedly. It helps to cope with the world sometimes to understand that. Your own darkness cannot exist without your light. "Evil" is indeed, very relative in some ways to many people. That really is a black and white thing to say.
Boo-ya!

June 04, 2007, 11:11:05 PM
Reply #35

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • My art work
not just that but not to associate darkness as a thing that's generally evil. It's just another aspect of reality.

Saying the dark is evil is like saying all women are evil and only men are sacred. It's like saying Binah is the "evil" sephiroth just because it's dark.

Solve et Coagula

June 05, 2007, 07:24:18 AM
Reply #36

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I'm short on time so for now I'm only going to comment on two things from your post, DF;

Catholicism wasn't trying to eliminate the "feminine divine" via their inquisitions and whatnot, they were trying to eradicate other forms of religion in general. That the "Christian God" is seen as a male by most followers is a given, so if they were trying to promote "Him" then it would naturally follow that they were trying to promote a male god. However, the God of the bible is given both masculine and feminine characteristics so anyone who actually reads the bible would know that that God is already a combination of the "divine" masculine and the "divine" feminine.

The other thing was this "Think about it...do most men understand women? No. Women are perceived as mysterious, dark, tantalizing...an image of the untameable unknown. This is what happened to the Divine Feminine and all it represented and encompassed...it was transformed into the "dangerous unknown"." which I see as being your male misunderstanding of the situation because you don't know what women think about men; the exact same things. From an early age most boys and girls are regaled by their parents as to various stereotypes of their own and the opposing genders, and more such stereotypes become impressed upon each individual as we communicate with other people and learn what stereotypes their parents impressed upon them. I've spent more than enough time listening to "women talk" to know that women think the exact same things about men that men think about women, from the "who knows what men/women are thinking?" to "all men/women want from the opposite gender is sex/money/power", to "this is how you tame the man/woman", etc. Men and women are in more of a similar situation than most people realize.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

June 05, 2007, 09:09:21 AM
Reply #37

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • My art work
While the Bible (primarily in certain parts of the Old Testament only) may, now and then, attribute adrogynisity to their depiction of God, He was, for the most part Male. The use of "He", "All Father", "Father", "The Lord", and "God" (a masculine term for Divinity) clearly denotes this, as well as His actions laws and the symbology used to represent Him (which have much Yang - Solar Phallic qualities).

And yes, Catholcism was clearly out there to eliminate the Divine Feminine. It doesn't take a genius to look at all the war and political corruption to figure out what they're true motives and intention was (I'll tell you one thing, it was definately not peace, love and the heightening of the consciousness of the masses). Before you perceive my words as a biased perspective take into account that I'm saying Catholocism and not Christianity as a whole.

Also I was using the example of misunderstanding between men and woman as a metaphor to help communicate my point...yes women aren't exactly all knowledgeable about men but to state that would have been straying from the topic at hand. I was merely trying to demonstrate the tunnel-vision created by this imbalanced perception of cosmic principles. Personally, I feel that this misunderstanding between genders and the conditioning that causes it (enforced gender roles) would not be an issue had the Divine Feminine and Masculine remained in harmony and balance with eachother, so that the "2 would be One" so to speak.

And, lastly, for those who think I'm just spouting out hog-wash, take a look at the world...we live in a world dominated by western thought and capitolism. Everything revolves around expansion, profit and progression. Go go go, make more money, expand expand, dominate, grow grow grow, faster faster, increase output and efficiency!!! No time to stop and smell the roses or consider what's really important...things like Community and the Environment take the back burner to pointless things like profit and accelerated progress and expansion. Freedoms are being stripped as time goes on and more and more things become federally regulated and controlled. Our world is ruled by an excessivley competitive and agressive mindset. If all this is not a clear example of the imbalanced power and effects of the masculine princple and the utter neglect of the feminine principle, I dunno what is.

(For those who find this interesting or just want to expound further upon this concept and how it's effected Men in general, read Fire in The Belly: On Being a Man by Sam Keen. This book's also a good way for women to better understand men and their behaviour)

Solve et Coagula

June 05, 2007, 10:10:00 AM
Reply #38

Sekhmet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Draconic Feathers, why do you think I left the Catholic Church? Their refusal to honor the Divine Feminine except in the form of Mary drove me nuts. Their long history of the war and pillaging you just mentioned also made me look bad in front of comrades. I'm often called a recovering Catholic or a lapsed Catholic. Some of us lapsed Catholics aren't even allowed in some spiritualist courses due to that fact.  :)

I'm thoroughly pagan and yet some people view my lapsed-ness as that of an alcoholic's. "She might go back one day". Yeah right. Am I nuts? I don't miss feeling anxious enough in church to write the stories I wrote about that. Yeah, I probably have some Scientology thrown into my diverse and eclectic global belief system that includes humanism to an extent. We have to deal with people in this life and people have to deal with us. We deal with decisions people make that affect us, so we have to sway them through reason. Though granted, reason doesn't always work at times.

If anything, coming from an Ex-Catholic, never again Catholic, no-way no how Catholic by birth (I value their teachings on morality though and their expressions on various levels of ethics and that's about it), I believe that they are in fact, trying to eradicate the divine feminine. There is even a sect from the Catholic church (having not found others, I left the church alone), who actually does worship the Co-Creator as the divine feminine. There is still, last I heard, a sect of the Catholic Church that does Mass in Latin. While Latin sounds really cool, I'm not about to work at learning it just to make my rituals sound cool.

As for the last part, Freedoms are being stripped because people are too busy to take responsibility for their decisions. People are working too much without a break. Nobody notices because well, they're too "busy". Busyness is destroying our lives. Peace, love and heightening mass consciousness is something the new age movement (loosely based on fascism), is claiming to try to do. I look forward to four-day work weeks, flexible scheduling for all, and in general a way to better balance work, family, and live in general. I feel bad for 9-5evers for that reason, you can't always get time off for your kids whatever.

Men and women are not far from the same. I believe in androgyny. I've been told I'm very feminine in attitude but I think that's inherited or part of my genes. I need to look up a good definition of humanism and get back to you on that one. I'm almost tempted to write up an article come to think of it. In short, if I leave the Catholic church alone, I'll be left alone. I was at one time a practicing women's spirituality person and a Catholic. Yeah, it made me feel nuts.

Stay tuned for more rants by Sekhmet about why I left the Catholic Church privacy permitting.
Boo-ya!

June 05, 2007, 04:58:46 PM
Reply #39

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The use of "He", "All Father", "Father", "The Lord", and "God" (a masculine term for Divinity) clearly denotes this, as well as His actions laws and the symbology used to represent Him (which have much Yang - Solar Phallic qualities).
"He", both as reference to God or as reference to humans, is used through translation far more than from actual hebrew. There are masculine and feminine nouns which often get translated with the he and she to refer to them, but the word itself is typically gender neutral, such as the masculine noun "El" which is translated to God. Take note of this passage (click here) which uses the same Elohim for Ashtoreth, a female god, as is used for "Angels", "sons of god", and even when using "God" in reference to YHWH.

Oh, clidk here for an even better example where it lists two male dieties right after the female diety, using the same hebrew word to denote all three. Here is the entry for El but unfortunately I don't know off hand any other female deities than Ashtoreth being mentioned in the OT, and she is always mentioned with Elohim, so I have nothing to give as proof that it is gender neutral beyond it's similarities to Elohim's usage.

"Father" in both the hebrew and greek languages has strong connotations towards the definition "that from which something comes", so in this sense God is the thing from which all humanity comes and therefore people use that term to reference the Creator. I have read, though I don't remember where, a passage where God, speaking figuratively, mentions the Israelites as suckling at Jehovah's breast while they were still in infancy coming out of Egypt. Such figurative uses that you are talking about of other descriptions, like Jehovah being a husband to Israel, are obviously not true gender roles, as Israel's men would be very uncomfortable being used as wives to God...

"Lord" is once again neutral, as even females can be called "lord", though the majority uses of the Lord are actually "the LORD" in the OT, which is a place marker to denote the personal name of God, which is once again genderless.

Regarding the laws, they are offset completely, and some would say even more so, by God's caring and endearing nature from which we see the christian use of the term "unconditional love", which you yourself listed as a feminine trait. In fact, careful study reveals that the God of the bible desires "His" followers take on both masculine and feminine characteristics within themself thereby causing each individual human to be balanced between your yin and yang.

The idea that the catholics purposefully set out to remove the "sacred/divine feminine" from religion is just utterly silly, as they didn't care about such things but instead were simply trying to push their views of their God onto other people while destroying EVERY other god/goddess out there (yes, including the males), though sadly their views were wrong and force can never be used to help people truly understand something.

The catholics did not set about to purposefully remove the "divine feminine" as pagans are these days claiming; they viewed their God as more masculine than feminine so it logically follows that if they push their God forward above all the others that they're going to push forward their ideas of a masculine God as well. The pushing aside of the feminine was a side effect, not a direct purpose.

~Steve

PS: Which of the following would you say are feminine and which masculine: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, truth, righteousness, peace, faith, mourning, meekness, poor/small in spirit (humble), mercy, purity of heart, peacemaking.

PPS: If you still don't agree, then next time I might just do a small write up detailing how the "sacred masculine" and "sacred feminine" are in themselves just taking language out of context :P Why is the "divine masculine" aggressive and the "divine feminine" receptive? Language. For instance, take the verb "give" in the ancient languages which typically when used in the masculine means "to give" as used in the sentence "Steve gave DF an apple", but when used in the feminine becomes the receptive "is given" such as "Steve was given an apple by DF".
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 05:18:58 PM by Steve »
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

June 05, 2007, 05:28:46 PM
Reply #40

Oriens Lvx Lucis

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The "He" in the Bible never meant to intend a "male" God.  In various places in the Bible this is shown to be impossible, such as in different instances where God directly says "He" is every polarity.  He never mentions himself being male, and if we look at the concept of a God, we see this is impossible.  Masculinity exists in its strongest form in physicality, where a male must have male sex organs and male gametes.  There are still masculine and feminine characteristics, but "He" is used for two reasons primarily,

1. While creation inherently involves masculine and feminine aspects, masculinity is the active side, and femininity is the receptive, passive side.  However, the first look we get of God is that of one who is responsible for all of creation singlehandedly, and creation, in the sense of the Bible, would be a very "active" activity.  This is not to degrade feminine qualities or characteristics, but creation in the Biblical sense shows a relatively active form.

2.  All the major prophets were male, all the major "people of God" were male, and all the "holiest of the holy" people were male (this was the norm).  It is human tendency to base the quality of the giver on what he gives and is responsible for, thus people looked to prophets, subconsciously or consciously noticed they were male...and based the same of God.  In reality, is God either one predominantly?  No, this would not work to keep the universe in balance nor would it correctly operate everything we see in existence.  In order for something to exist, in whatever form, it must have originated from God and be a part of God.  This is why God fulfills the statement the "All in All."

3.  It was a male dominated world then as well.  Males were generally seen as the people who provided for the family, did much of the work, etc.  You can't discount a great work just because it conforms to the societal rules of the time, that being male domination.  Besides, it doesn't impair your life to think of God as "He" (usually).

Namaste

P.S. -- Binah isn't "dark" per se, just negative in Qabalistic polarity.