Author Topic: Future of Psionics in the world we live in.  (Read 10105 times)

June 01, 2007, 12:46:22 PM
Reply #15

Windsmover001

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I agree, I don't think the world "as we know it" would be ready to accept Psionics, like parsay, they would green grass on the lawn;
I would also be leaning to say, that all it would take is a news broadcast of someone getting caught going psychotic with their power, or caught doing something sick with their power, and people would simply freak...
Take me for example, I'm an open homosexual, yet some want to instantly think of something sick in their mind like 'pedophile', or 'Jeff Dahmer'.  But, I'm neither so they can take their 'David Koresh--Ted Bundy' attitude and shove it where the sun ain't shined for a long time...

June 01, 2007, 04:12:09 PM
Reply #16

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
And that reason being that the pigs might trample the pearls under feet and then turn and tear you to pieces.

And yet is it not the job of the Christian to do exactly this? To share the richness and the glory of the kingdom of God with those who are unworthy? Many Christians in the early days were killed for their beliefs, yet it is the will of God that they do so; it was their hope that their reward in heaven will be greater than the affliction of being trampled under the feet of the unworthy for they placed God above all, even above their own lives.

Those who remain silent 1) are scared for their lives, and with good reason given the untolerant attitudes of many humans, or 2) believe that few are worthy of the knowledge, or 3) are not yet fully understanding of the knowledge themselves, and so wait until they have a strong grasp of the knowledge before they attempt to share it with others, or 4) just don't care about others at all, and instead focus completely on their own existences.

However, all of that is moot because many magicians have revealed themselves to the world, such as Matthers, Crowley, Agrippa, etc.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

June 01, 2007, 05:17:49 PM
Reply #17

Oriens Lvx Lucis

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
What those magicians gave to the world is still within the "Lesser Mysteries."

Unless you become an adept, and begin advanced work which is as of yet unspoken, you are still within the Lesser Mysteries.  The "Greater Mysteries" are the parts of magic which one does not publish, which is never, and never has been public, and which one is strictly not allowed to speak of (and this rule is made very clear upon entering the Greater Mysteries).

Namaste

June 01, 2007, 05:40:55 PM
Reply #18

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    You are Me and I am You; I'll always Be with You
    • View Profile
    • My art work
What those magicians gave to the world is still within the "Lesser Mysteries."

Unless you become an adept, and begin advanced work which is as of yet unspoken, you are still within the Lesser Mysteries.  The "Greater Mysteries" are the parts of magic which one does not publish, which is never, and never has been public, and which one is strictly not allowed to speak of (and this rule is made very clear upon entering the Greater Mysteries).

Namaste

Yep.

Norhing pertaining to the "Inner Order" (or true and sometimes referred to as Invisible Orders) has ever been released to the public, even by those who supposedly broke Silence.

Also, Silence is much more than just keeping your mouth shut.

To Know Silence...

Those who do not practice, embody and otherwise understand such Silence are incomplete, unfufilled magicians who have barely gone half-way...those who have most likley not even have managed to taste the fruit that such endeavors offer.

There's more to this stuff than being able to cast spells and psychic development. Anyone can do that with or without an Order and training.

The "Mysteries" are called so for a reason.

Following our Will and Wind, we may just go where no one's been

Solve et Coagula

Continue Expanding Consciousness...

aeresvistaas.daportfolio.com

June 01, 2007, 06:24:26 PM
Reply #19

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
You do have to admit that until such "greater mysteries" are known to the magician, the magician can only know of them as fairy tales, just like how most Christians only know of the wonders of the Holy Spirit as fairy tales from an age long past. Until you actually experience them for yourself, you're just taking someone else's word for it, and when taking anyone else's word for anything you can never be 100% certain that it's true because there's a lot of things passed through word-of-mouth that's not true.

~Steve
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 06:26:32 PM by Steve »
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

June 01, 2007, 06:46:32 PM
Reply #20

Oriens Lvx Lucis

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Until one is a true adept, one cannot truly know the spiritual enlightenment that comes with it.

June 01, 2007, 10:42:09 PM
Reply #21

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Generally the reason why magicians follow the law of "silence" is for the same reason Christ mentioned, "Do not place your pearls before swine."

Knowledge, especially esoteric and arcane, is not to be given to people unready to receive it.  Therefore, there will always be people who are not ready for the knowledge and powers others have.

In a world where 80% of experts are silent, and 20% of experts are vocal, the vocal experts will define the knowledge of the next generation of experts.  After a few iterations of this process, silence will become obsolete.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

June 02, 2007, 09:57:19 AM
Reply #22

Wonderland

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    ISIS
    • View Profile
    • My blog space (just getting started 06/07)
I will be selling "kobok is a god" t-shirts very, very soon.  I've said it before and I envision saying it again - inspired as always, kobok.  Thank you.
Yeeesh!  Apparently I forgot the signature changes on all posts....AND until you change it again...oh well enough then...sorry 'bout that

June 03, 2007, 08:54:12 PM
Reply #23

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • My art work
Generally the reason why magicians follow the law of "silence" is for the same reason Christ mentioned, "Do not place your pearls before swine."

Knowledge, especially esoteric and arcane, is not to be given to people unready to receive it.  Therefore, there will always be people who are not ready for the knowledge and powers others have.

In a world where 80% of experts are silent, and 20% of experts are vocal, the vocal experts will define the knowledge of the next generation of experts.  After a few iterations of this process, silence will become obsolete.

Not necessarily. You're still thinking that the masses really do "rule the world" and it's fate...

There's a reason why Silence has perpetuated this long and why these Mysteries have persisted.

These so called "experts" that you foresee won't be anything close to a true expert...in such a future they'd be nothing more than another person with an institutionalized degree that doesn't really offer one anything more than a title and a shot at a job; in other words they won't weild true knowledge, Merit.

Solve et Coagula

June 04, 2007, 11:56:52 AM
Reply #24

Sekhmet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Warrior...Not Princess... Klutz...
    • View Profile
I hope no one one minds, but I thought I would see what members ideas were on the future of Psionics and the world we live in.
 Does anyone have any calculated guesses or theories on the future of Psionics?
Where do you see yourself in the future once you've completed your goals of this knowledge.
Does anyone beleive that the art will change?  Or will it be what has already been taught?  What about our planet's future, with future Psions?

I choose the path of silence about my interest in the occult. As one of the few hispanic women into the occult that I know of anyway, its very odd to many people as to why I got into magic in the first place. I'm pagan and that's even more difficult for many people to comprehend so I can't start throwing around titles like medium or psion since understanding BA is better for most people. I can't stress enough how much the word psion sounds too much like science fiction for my taste, lending to the destruction of credibility for our people. Mediums at my church have to pass a simple test and sign affidavits to see if we're legit. Psychics at hotlines have to pass evaluations. I'm that curious at trying another one - the last hotline I tried said "you have talent", whatever that means. All I can say is that the messages you as psions give to people have to be about positive things. Is psionics about personal gain? Is it even about self-mastery or personal responsibility? (an idea that transcends political parties). Thinking critically is the best skill anybody can maintain in this lifetime about anything. Free thought is something that people have fought for and died for. Therefore, the future of psionics is a small part of the future of our entire planet in the end.

Boo-ya!

June 04, 2007, 04:41:47 PM
Reply #25

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • My art work
actually there are many more hispanic women into the occult than you think...

they're probably just not in the same feild(s) as you. A great number of hispanic women are not only born with a degree of psychic potential, but utilize this potential in practices such as Voodoo and Santeria. There are also those involved in various forms of Shamanism. Hm...now that I really think about it, I think the majority of female occultists (or whatever would come close) practice various forms of Christian Mysticsm and Santeria. But like I said before, a great number of hispanic women are born with a recognizable degree of psychic potential. Based on my experiences it would not suprise me one bit that someone with such potential would consciously enter the practice and study of the occult.

They may not be in the same type of occult practices you are in (traveling/communicating in the same circles) and all have many different motivations and goals, but they're there nonetheless.

And on a side note...

You bring up very good points about the motives of psionics. Personally, I have seen too many psions who are out there to just master skills for the sake of power and personal gain...people who heartlessley experiment their sparring techniques on people and purposley visit psychic-oriented chat rooms and skower (dunno how that's spelled) OEC forums for screen names of prospective guinne-pigs who are ripe for the picking but not sensitive enough to detect someone tinkering with their head and subtle body. They figure that what they're doing is invisible and "undetectable" so that means they can do whatever they want to whomever they want without even considering ethics for a second. I've had my share of experiences with such people (who were suprised to find out that I'm not so blind and defenseless and are even more suprised to find that I'm not intimidated after they try flaunting their empty power my way). *

The majority of people I've seen seriously delve into psionics have been very angry and angsty people who not only grew largley grotesque egos from their practices, but had already large ones to begin with. They've easily gotten caught up in the game of power and have succumbed to force, arrogance, and "ruling" with an iron fist. They take on an elitist perspective and figure that since they're godly enough to know and practice such things everyone else on the planet must be a stupid and pitiful waste of life...they also manage to whip up the illusion that psions are the only people out there with occult powers and that practicing psionics is the only way to attain such abilities.

If you don't beleive me just take a peek into psipog's forums and browse through psionic forums anywhere else...you'll find haughty attitudes and much criticizing and judgement. If you want first hand experience try entering psipog's chat rooms...but then again you don't have to go so far. Just take a peak into the psi forums here and make a close analysis of the attitudes and tones of certain, more experienced psions...you might very well something that tastes quite imperial.

This ^ is enough for me to discern what the motivation for psionics is (for the most part due to the aims of the majority of practicioners and upholders of this practice and tradition), as well as how it will fair in the future.

* One funny experience I had was on the train in NYC a couple of weeks ago...I sat down across from this skater-ish looking kid who had an "air" about him. He perceived my sensitivity, looked up at me, opened his eyes widely and intentley and tried to "blast" me with something he thought was powerfull...I brushed it off and just smiled as if nothing had happened. I dunno why his immediate response to a sensitive person was an attack but that kind of response is not something that's rare (though I beleive happens much more often on the internet than in real life).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 10:19:34 PM by Draconic Feathers »

Solve et Coagula

June 04, 2007, 07:59:02 PM
Reply #26

Sekhmet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Draconic Feathers - I still haven't had someone in real life walk up to me and say "quit scanning my aura" unless I know they're sensitive and I'm doing that at the moment. :Shrugs:

PS your strike out format is very hard to read.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 08:01:05 PM by Sekhmet »
Boo-ya!

June 04, 2007, 08:18:35 PM
Reply #27

Windsmover001

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I agree, Draconic Feathers.

I think a lot of people don't relize potential of certain things in life...  I think hispanic women, and generally peoples with southern-european hertitage/roots, are generally more likely to develope an interest in magic, or witchcraft, or metaphysical practice.  I know from personal observations of others, that people with Mediterrannean descent, and Irish/Scottish, tend to have an interest in the occult.  I'm not sure if it's just history that played a role-- all the fighting, and bloodshed, or just the fact that when trade started between western civilizations, and the east, and a "soothsayer" at the time, went nuts over some "new" culture...
I think the dscipline enforced from the east, killed them personally.
Either way, it seems to me that people that have the "dark-side" of the human genes, seem to have a craving, and lust for ever new ways to gain control.  Dark side meaning, dark eyes and dark hair...and dark looks about them.  Perhaps, all the darkness has led them to a dark place in time, from where they are consumed by dark forces... and everyone knows what happens to true evii.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 08:20:51 PM by Windsmover001 »

June 04, 2007, 08:28:27 PM
Reply #28

Sekhmet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Windsmover - I'm one of the few whom I know in the occult. Who else do I know? Zilch. Nada. None. Its annoying not to know anybody else in the field. The ones in my neck of the woods are Catholic. I would like to find some hispanic women in the occult/new age movement anytime soon around my age.

That is not to say we are evil because we are occultists. That's another can of worms. Good grief. It takes a great deal of personal strength to turn away from various mainstream religious organizations like say, the Catholic Church. (I really don't want to get myself into trouble here). I did it. I know many have. I just can't find them.
Boo-ya!

June 04, 2007, 08:31:22 PM
Reply #29

Windsmover001

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
...AND YOU KNOW ME??

Z I L C H,  N A D A..