Author Topic: Future of Psionics in the world we live in.  (Read 9911 times)

April 20, 2007, 07:51:52 PM
Read 9911 times

Windsmover001

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I hope no one one minds, but I thought I would see what members ideas were on the future of Psionics and the world we live in.
 Does anyone have any calculated guesses or theories on the future of Psionics?
Where do you see yourself in the future once you've completed your goals of this knowledge.
Does anyone beleive that the art will change?  Or will it be what has already been taught?  What about our planet's future, with future Psions?

April 20, 2007, 08:08:22 PM
Reply #1

Oriens Lvx Lucis

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Given observation of its system, I am of the opinion that within a few hundred years it will no longer exist in a manner remotely close to its modern system.  This can be interpreted as good or bad depending on perspective.

I have already completed the goals of my knowledge of psionics, and I daresay it helped to introduce me to metaphysics.  It is logical system of psychic advancement.  I would recommend it was an introduction to either magic or metaphysics in general personally.

April 20, 2007, 08:31:47 PM
Reply #2

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The future of psionics? Well, considering that psychic phenomena is well documented and scientifically proven, it's just a matter of time for when society will get rid of it's prejudices and work on actually implementing practically. I think the acceptance of this phenomena will be a breakthrough on a global scale and will vastly impact our lives.
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

April 20, 2007, 09:12:54 PM
Reply #3

Shadowx089

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
It will stay static and maybe then dissolve into nothing.

This is all because it doesn't stick out there in the physical world like a flower or that water bottle smacking into your head when you least expect it. If it can't keeps its existence then it will just dissolve into a single thought.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 06:48:52 PM by Shadowx089 »
Comfort of the Lord, comforted by God.
If nothing existed but the Source and the Source - Created everything - Is the Creation from the Source? - If the Creation can behold intelligence - Then does the Source also have intelligence? - After all - The Source was far more than its Creation.

April 21, 2007, 11:04:28 AM
Reply #4

Mobius

• Veritas Council
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Fundamental Psi Coordinator
    • View Profile
I believe it will continue to grow in terms of public and scientific acceptance as it has for the past century. As knowledge of it grows, there will be an increasing number of people devoted to improving theory and technique. While the methodology and understanding may continue to mutate and evolve, the core principals will remain intact, and psionism will grow to become a greater aspect of life for mankind as a whole.
Deus Ex Vir

April 21, 2007, 11:49:20 AM
Reply #5

Orthas

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Archivist

• Personal Text
    Page of Cups
    • View Profile
When you ask whether psionics will have a future in the world we live in, you are also asking whether magic will have a place in the world in which we live.  What many people forget or do not realise is that psionics is not different to magic it is merely another technique or system of practising magic.

I may have misunderstood you shadowx089, but psionics the actual art will remain whether people know how to practice it or not, just like maths will still exist whether people know how to perform maths or not.  It is possible that people will stop practicing magic, but it seems unlikely with the existence of the internet which has allowed more people than ever before to discuss magic and practice it in an anonymous manner, separate from their daily lives.

Will magic become mainstream?  Well you only have to go into Waterstones (a bookstore in the UK) and see shelves dedicated to magical texts, clearly more people believe in magic than even members of magical communities such as our own believe.  But magic is to some degree a taboo subject even in the OEC, and I do not think magic will become something everyone practices or generally accepts for a long while yet or quite possibly ever.

Magic will always remain as difficult and require just as much dedication as it does today, so the kind of magic people dream about is unlikely to ever be seen as a daily occurrence.  So I feel the future of psionics is similar to one of the present, many theorists and few dedicated practitioners (btw Id consider myself a theorist)
And you shall drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa, Garden of the Prophet.

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

April 21, 2007, 12:26:45 PM
Reply #6

Oriens Lvx Lucis

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
When you ask whether psionics will have a future in the world we live in, you are also asking whether magic will have a place in the world in which we live.  What many people forget or do not realise is that psionics is not different to magic it is merely another technique or system of practising magic.

I may have misunderstood you shadowx089, but psionics the actual art will remain whether people know how to practice it or not, just like maths will still exist whether people know how to perform maths or not.  It is possible that people will stop practicing magic, but it seems unlikely with the existence of the internet which has allowed more people than ever before to discuss magic and practice it in an anonymous manner, separate from their daily lives.

Will magic become mainstream?  Well you only have to go into Waterstones (a bookstore in the UK) and see shelves dedicated to magical texts, clearly more people believe in magic than even members of magical communities such as our own believe.  But magic is to some degree a taboo subject even in the OEC, and I do not think magic will become something everyone practices or generally accepts for a long while yet or quite possibly ever.

Magic will always remain as difficult and require just as much dedication as it does today, so the kind of magic people dream about is unlikely to ever be seen as a daily occurrence.  So I feel the future of psionics is similar to one of the present, many theorists and few dedicated practitioners (btw Id consider myself a theorist)

Orthas: Currently, there are many occult and mystery schools which provide accurate teachings of magic.  You are correct in saying it will not become mainstream, at least not for the next several hundred years.  Humanity as a whole is not prepared for the teachings.  Psionics will, in due time, evolve and begin to have genuine mystery schools surrounding it, but not in its current state, and not for quite some time.  But otherwise, magic is currently much more mainstream than psionics is.

April 21, 2007, 06:58:10 PM
Reply #7

Shadowx089

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I simply say it will become less or stay the same that it is right now.

Mostly I say this because of its humility to exist mostly in words than in any other aspect.
A word alone can't change anything if there is nothing depending on it.

Sure, some places will be there, I mean their is still witch craft after all this time, Its just part of humanity. That overwhelming sensation that you can do more than you think is always there among other things and will forever be till the end of humans.

But its popularity will be more of a hobby than anything else.
Comfort of the Lord, comforted by God.
If nothing existed but the Source and the Source - Created everything - Is the Creation from the Source? - If the Creation can behold intelligence - Then does the Source also have intelligence? - After all - The Source was far more than its Creation.

May 04, 2007, 08:04:05 AM
Reply #8

cyanide

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
okay. as far as i see it, there are a few reasons why the awareness of psionics and magick will increase exponentially over time, and why it will indeed become easier.

first off, as people start to accept it more, and it gets more popular and well-known, more information will become available. as we currently know.. very little of how it all actually works, and have very little actual unbiased research on it, there's still a whole load of knowledge to discover, which will undoubtedly make some part of psionics or magick easier to perform, or which will make new things possible in some way. which will make it even more known. something very drastic would have to occur for this not to happen, and i doubt anyone could stop it.

second, and this is just a little theory of mine, but since people think that such things are impossible nowadays, they're unconsciously stopping it. at least when they see it, but perhaps when they don't as well. i'm not sure about this. anyway, if more people believe in it, less people will be stopping it so at least it'd be easier to work your magic(k) outside. also, if it becomes more accepted, you won't be mocked as much if you make a little mistake. so there's less stress distracting you from what you're trying to do.

third, if people accept it more, there's a bigger chance of kids getting involved in these things. as you learn much easier when you're younger, this could have a pretty big impact on this stuff as well.

May 31, 2007, 10:40:17 PM
Reply #9

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    You are Me and I am You; I'll always Be with You
    • View Profile
    • My art work
Given observation of its system, I am of the opinion that within a few hundred years it will no longer exist in a manner remotely close to its modern system.  This can be interpreted as good or bad depending on perspective.

I have already completed the goals of my knowledge of psionics, and I daresay it helped to introduce me to metaphysics.  It is logical system of psychic advancement.  I would recommend it was an introduction to either magic or metaphysics in general personally.

I agree with this completley. Psionics in itself is too fragmented...too logical and dependant on scientism. It's not whole seeing as it ignores and cuts out the idea of the Spirit and Soul...such by-products of the psyche (which is inseperable from the Spirit and Soul!) cannot be fully explored without proper recognition of everything involved. Many psions are predisposed to be aversed towards Spirituality and anything that's not easily measured or grasped by the rational mind...it relies too heavily on one thing. Because of that, it will inevitabley crumble.

Also, many psions practice psionics with the beleif that they'll one day obtain amazing powers and prove to the world that such abilities and claims are credible and do exist. There are already many people with abilities far more developed than most psions due to their training and experiences with various mystical practices, and not only have such people existed for centuries (if not longer) but they haven't revealed their abilities to the world for a reason.

Many people (like many psions I've come across) will just become obsessed with the idea of obtaining supernatural powers and end up destroying themselves and the rest of the world...spiritually (seeing as they wouldnt give a damn about other people, things like compassion and personal development but just the pursuit of power) first then physically.
Following our Will and Wind, we may just go where no one's been

Solve et Coagula

Continue Expanding Consciousness...

aeresvistaas.daportfolio.com

May 31, 2007, 11:10:06 PM
Reply #10

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
I agree with this completley. Psionics in itself is too fragmented...too logical and dependant on scientism. It's not whole seeing as it ignores and cuts out the idea of the Spirit and Soul...such by-products of the psyche (which is inseperable from the Spirit and Soul!) cannot be fully explored without proper recognition of everything involved. Many psions are predisposed to be aversed towards Spirituality and anything that's not easily measured or grasped by the rational mind...it relies too heavily on one thing.

One can not legitimately claim that psions as a whole are averse to the soul or spirituality.  Psi has had a long history of integration with spirituality, and the soul and spirituality have been intimately connected with the path for quite some time.  The movement away from this can be found mostly only in a few recent internet communities from the early part of this decade, most of which formed their explanations without first consulting the existing literature from the preceding century.

Also, many psions practice psionics with the beleif that they'll one day obtain amazing powers and prove to the world that such abilities and claims are credible and do exist. There are already many people with abilities far more developed than most psions due to their training and experiences with various mystical practices, and not only have such people existed for centuries (if not longer) but they haven't revealed their abilities to the world for a reason.

Well, magic users have an equally great tendency to believe in the mysterious hidden people with unthinkable power who tell no one about it.  ;)

But since you bring up the "haven't revealed their abilities ... for a reason", I must ask:  Do you think those reasons will always be valid, or do you foresee the possibility that we can move toward a culture in which there would no longer need to be limitations on revealing abilities?
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

June 01, 2007, 07:51:53 AM
Reply #11

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    You are Me and I am You; I'll always Be with You
    • View Profile
    • My art work
1. When I speak of "Psionics" I speak of the approach that's become quite familiar over the internet, as well as individuals who knowingly call themselves "Psions"...I am not speaking about psychic/occult/metaphysical abilities and those who weild/practice them in general. I speak of the scientific attitude attributed to those practices in reference to the experiments that first coined the term "Psi".  Yes Psionics (and any kind of metaphyiscal ability tree) can be compatible with spirituality, and I personally think it's more than highly so...but that doesn't mean that those who call themselves "Psions" are doing so. From my experience the majority of people who go by the title "Psion" and practice what they call "Psionics" have serious aversion to spirituality and discard it as trash getting in the way of the validity of their experiments.

2. I feel and think that while these reasons have been valid for a good, long time, the time for that to end is coming up sooner than one would have anticipated. But the method of such an unveiling would have to be very carefully arranged and planned out so that it's properly timed and doesn't yeild catastrophic results. And while I may sound quite bias to spirituality, I personally beleive that introducing these abilities as apart of the Human Spirit and as an emanation from the Divine would be vital to the proper method of unveiling...that way people would recognize their inhereant birthright for such potentials without demonizing them while also realizing that they are a priveralge and a gift to be used as a tool on the path of personal development, not an end-goal. Hopefully this would motivate people to use such abilities constructivley (for healing and theraputic purposes, methods of work to reduce waste of physical resources and prescription medication, etc) rather than for control and domination of not only others, but their personal issues (which can NEVER be "magicked away").

and, lastly...

"Well, magic users have an equally great tendency to believe in the mysterious hidden people with unthinkable power who tell no one about it.  Wink"

I have my personal reasons for doing so, reasons which provide me with the evidence I need for my personal validation of this and related concepts. I'm sure this is the same for many other magicians and mystics. If the proof were on a scale greater than the personal level then everyone would go crazy trying to publicize and exploit these people who are probably doing their best to live a reclusive and simple life.
Following our Will and Wind, we may just go where no one's been

Solve et Coagula

Continue Expanding Consciousness...

aeresvistaas.daportfolio.com

June 01, 2007, 08:18:55 AM
Reply #12

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
There will be no grand unveiling of metaphysics to the world; most of the world already believes it exists and it has mostly been only north america that for a time believed it to not exist. However, even north americans are again learning about metaphysics in a more grass-roots method where the populace who already believes in it and/or practices it are simply becoming more open about letting other people know what they believe.

In the book store I work at we have two sections for new-age/occult things, and neither are hidden; in fact, one is one of our bargain tables right at the entrance where various occult books are made available for cheap, and people who come in see them quite clearly and many even peruse them. More and more people come into our store asking for books regarding indigo children, sylvia brown (even if her books are crap, which I believe, the general belief in metaphysics among the whole community is raised because of such things), The Secret by Rhonda Byrne (which mentions the Emerald Tablet of Hermes right at the beginning, as well as a few other occult things), books about developing psychic skills, etc.

People know, and more people are becoming aware simply because the material is no longer being hidden.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

June 01, 2007, 08:49:44 AM
Reply #13

Wonderland

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    ISIS
    • View Profile
    • My blog space (just getting started 06/07)
Well, magic users have an equally great tendency to believe in the mysterious hidden people with unthinkable power who tell no one about it.  ;)

I'm going to steal the mac/p.c. commercial line and say "allow" all sad-like.

But since you bring up the "haven't revealed their abilities ... for a reason", I must ask:  Do you think those reasons will always be valid, or do you foresee the possibility that we can move toward a culture in which there would no longer need to be limitations on revealing abilities?

Alas, I know I pray for this day to arrive soon.  It seems such a waste of time to undercut everybody all the time.  It never ceases to amaze me when I meet people with "special powers" who deny others' "special powers".  Why?  Does it make them have less "power"?  While I am not as optimistic as Steve, I still have hope that it is happening slowly but surely.  I am not too concerned with it changing, but I believe it will not die.

I disagree that many psions deny the spirit.  Even if some may seem to do so in speech, their attitudes and eventually, their lives will tell you differently.

Sylvia Brown has a lot of ability when it comes to the power of suggestion.  I don't think she is necessarily saying "this is exactly how it is" so much as she puts something forward & helps you let your imagination and/or mind fill in some important blanks.  And thank God for that.
Yeeesh!  Apparently I forgot the signature changes on all posts....AND until you change it again...oh well enough then...sorry 'bout that

June 01, 2007, 10:57:22 AM
Reply #14

Oriens Lvx Lucis

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Quote from: kobok

Generally the reason why magicians follow the law of "silence" is for the same reason Christ mentioned, "Do not place your pearls before swine."

Knowledge, especially esoteric and arcane, is not to be given to people unready to receive it.  Therefore, there will always be people who are not ready for the knowledge and powers others have.

Namaste