Author Topic: Lentation  (Read 14018 times)

February 25, 2004, 04:35:00 PM
Read 14018 times

DreamingSaint

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Proud Member since 2004
    • View Profile
I have the original article of Lentation written by Dark Duck on my hard drive. I have read it and tried to practice it with as much patience as I could. My ambitions were destroyed after about a week of practicing. Later, I realized that my reflexes are heightened more often than before I started lentation training. I never even got to wall-running or anything.

I bring this up to ask you guys if the discussion of Lentation would be allowed. I am well aware of the dangers it possesses to the students who practice it. However, it is information that may very well be handled with more care by other people. If saftey is a concern then rest assured that if anyone is as new at Psionics or anything of the sort then lentation would hardly be possible.

If someone with more expereince tries, I am sure they are able to comprehend the risks that lie before them. I look at lentation as knowledge that should be available to people who want it. It's like saying "We're not going to teach psionics because it causes migrains and can give heart attacks".

I have the original article of Lentation written by Dark Duck on my hard drive. I have read it and tried to practice it with as much patience as I could. My ambitions were destroyed after about a week of practicing. Later, I realized that my reflexes are heightened more often than before I started lentation training. I never even got to wall-running or anything. So the danger is only really present when the training sinks more into the combat or more phsyically draining phases.

Knowledge is knowledge to me. I believe that knowledge is the key to opening new and innovative doors. So please, treat lentation as just another subject that can be discussed on the forums without flaming or hating on people who ask about it. Even if it's a minimal talk with the controlling of which parts of lentation you guys are comfortable talking about, it is still information that might inspire someone.

If Veritas decides to hold its position, I am fine with that. I just think it's a shame that people can't come here, which I see as a center for the art of energy manipulation along with PsiPog, to learn about all they can possibly learn.
"Let your instincts take over"

February 25, 2004, 05:32:03 PM
Reply #1

DragonKnight

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
could you send it to me my e-mail address is marquese_cooper2000@yahoo.com
:fightmonk "I don't hit it hits all by it's self" :fightmonk

February 26, 2004, 02:44:05 PM
Reply #2

chosen

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I was wondering what happened to lentation and was going to post a thread on it until I saw this.  I would be interested in talking about it and I would like to know why it is now forbidden.

chosen :cool:
"Using no way as way"

Bruce Lee

"Having no limitation as limitation"

Bruce Lee

February 26, 2004, 03:38:29 PM
Reply #3

Kitai Kumo

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Quote from: chosen
I was wondering what happened to lentation and was going to post a thread on it until I saw this. I would be interested in talking about it and I would like to know why it is now forbidden.

chosen :cool:

How many times must this be explained?  Check the other forums dealing with lentation.

It was dangerous, and DD restricted it for people's safety.
~If one never gives up hope, then there is always hope to be found~
[/size]"Once you find a friend you keep that friend.  Friends dont die down, but build up"

February 26, 2004, 10:37:04 PM
Reply #4

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
Alright, I'm leaving for a week so read this carefully.

The increased amount of adrenalin in your blood causes your heart and lungs to 'work harder'. This will cause your bloodpressure and heart rate to rise dramatically, way beyond your normal rate, and lessen the intake of oxigen/ dramatically increase the amount of carbondioxide in your blood. Lentation longer than 1 minute can, if you're unlucky, burst bloodveins in your brains, causing bloodclots in other cerebral area's (that's BAD), cause the kidney's to fail, leaving too much 'dirt' in your blood, cause several organs to suffer oxigen-deficiency, the increased amount of adrenalin will make you just about lose any sense of fear, so after 2 minutes you'll jump off a building without thinking twice, and longer than two minutes, if you're really unlucky, will rip apart the veins in your lungs too, and get you in the hospital or in a wooden box pretty fast.

Be my guest if you want to practice it, I can do nothing about the guides people still have. There already was a disclaimer in the guide, so if you kill yourself, not my problem. Now you know how I think about it, enjoy Lentation.
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

February 27, 2004, 02:07:15 AM
Reply #5

Falcon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Vretsa Dcitoinray

• Personal Text
    Veritas Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
I think there should be a page on len but DD is right if you do pratice it I would be bery careful what I belive is that you need to learn everything you can In one thing to learn the naext step if you learn lots of things but learn every thing in that you can then mix them and make it safe. but thats my opionion!

Falcon
Finding some things difficult and need a extra hand, Apply for a mentor that's what were here for http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=9706.0

February 27, 2004, 04:31:15 AM
Reply #6

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Was Not Needed

~Vien
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

February 27, 2004, 04:47:54 AM
Reply #7

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
Was Not Needed

~Vien
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

February 27, 2004, 05:07:44 AM
Reply #8

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Was Not Needed

~Vien

February 27, 2004, 06:22:23 AM
Reply #9

Unreal Darkness

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
well, that does make alot of sense; i was actually making my own sub-techs if you will of lentation last night to be honest; glad i took the time to look at this post, otherwise..heh yeah; knowing myself i would have leaped off a building too  ;)

DD is right, lentation sounds good but really is more trouble than its worth. i didnt understand that until just recently...

best regards
"a warrior is judged not by how many lives he takes, but rather how many he saves"

"teach me and i may forget
show me and i may remember
involve me and i will understand"

"the greatest happiness is when the one you love is happy"

ph34r my bright underpants !
ima quote that...
lol
hehe

March 09, 2004, 12:50:24 PM
Reply #10

Invisible1122

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
What about lenation in bursts?  How long would one have to wait between say... 10 second bursts?  Would this still be as dangerous as lentation for a longer period of time?  And if regular lentation is that bad... Then what about the hyper lentation you mentioned in your article.....

Oh yeah, and I think it was a good call to take it off. You never know when some idiot kid (or idiot adult 0_o) will wonder onto a site, and start doing what it says without reading the disclaimer and warnings.

March 10, 2004, 03:18:38 AM
Reply #11

silvertiger

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Yeh, I was aorund a bit back and tried a little lentation but don't think i tried enough so didn't really get anywhere, what if you do do it in bursts or something of the kind? Thanks.
Oh and also, would there be any guides or things that I could practice to increase my reaction time and reflexes like someone said the practice of this did for them. Thanks

March 10, 2004, 08:28:52 AM
Reply #12

Frozenshade

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
fast paced video games, people ramdomly throwing things at you/attacking you, doing things really really fast. This all works for reaction times, The cops use video games to train in this and personally I do too. Plus video games are fun :D
Temperature drops, blood boils, time slows as darkeness shrouds all light, but eyes can still see.
Perspectives change from first person to third person.
A circle, and the power within.

I dont suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

March 10, 2004, 11:11:57 AM
Reply #13

Murray

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Pull my finger, I'm an Aikidoka
    • View Profile
Okay, thats it, I get the point. Ill stop practising lentation now. Thing is, I started before I knew it was "illegal" and all this about energy and everything was all new to me. I guess lentation was the most tempting skill (me being a martial artist). When I figured out it was dangerous (I thought it was dangerous for a little different reason wich I wont mention here), I was just starting to get the results in daily life (dodgeball anyone?) so just thought thatg Ill never push it thatg far. But ok, Ive realized that lentation is far from the best skill to have (not because of the death thingy) so Ive started meditating and lucid dreaming, to get a "platform" of control of my subconcious (wich is the key to it all), and Ill start training Ki instead. What Ive learned so far hasnt been a waste of time anyway, as I get some spontaneus lentations sometimes.
"A dream where I slowly suck out a clown's vital organs with a hoover is a GOOD DREAM!"
 - Darkduck

March 10, 2004, 02:54:58 PM
Reply #14

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Lentation is from adrenaline, which is the fight, flight and fright as we all know. But it's what causes this that makes it strange. It's caused mainly by fear (flight and fright), or anger (fight), and both of these, you don't want in a fight. Hell, you don't really want them altogether, because they cause unwanted stress (or just basically stress). Kind of a minor-paradox I noticed with lentation. But I suppose that's why the adrenaline is released, to counteract the effects of what causes it. Anger makes you loose co-ordination, adrenaline can help you regain that co-ordination, makes logical sense really.