Author Topic: Fundamental Dynamic Psi: The Conceptual Domain  (Read 14280 times)

March 18, 2007, 04:31:44 PM
Read 14280 times

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
The Conceptual Domain

The practice of Dynamic Psi revolves around not only manipulating the physical realm, but other facets of the world and reality. The universe is comprised of many, many layers of coexisting energy and virtue, being divided up into many groups and categories. One of the most major definitions of the planes is the 3-plane theory, which fits into most other major systems of thought. 3-plane theory revolves around, logically, 3 planes of existence. We begin with the material realm, the physical manifestation of all planes into what we see daily. This is derived from the conceptual realm, which will be the main focus of this lesson. The conceptual realm is the gathering and holding place of all thoughts, virtues, and concepts created at any time, ever. The conceptual realm holds programming for constructs, intent for a kinet, or any other sort of guidance for a psionic act. Its importance is quite obvious, and understanding of it and the mechanics of it can immensely boost understanding of programming or intent.

The presence of the conceptual domain explains many things. Objects are created from things held in the conceptual domain, and all physical objects or expressions are linked to concepts. This applies very heavily to scanning, as scanning is the act of obtaining information through the soul. Once it is known that the virtues are not held in the objects themselves, it becomes easier to link to an objectís place in the conceptual domain, and retrieve information. Linking to something held in the conceptual realm is the same process of linking to anything else, and it helps a better, more accurate scan to be performed, as there is minimal interference.

The nature of the conceptual plain brings some questions as to the application of psi. As to the application of kinesis to a large event, one must take into account the large amount of thought interference associated. One fine example is the lottery. While you may want to kinet yourself into winning, so do the other millions of people participating. As the planes are influenced by every passing thought by every passing bystander, there's a bit of tension involved. It's one thing to kinet an event in which only a few people are also wishing for the outcome; a few wills are not too strenuous to overcome with a trained mind. However, with 100 million people wishing for different things within the same subject, it takes a fair bit more skill to completely change the outcome than a smaller event. As the target gets larger, more interference is present, and the outcome is more difficult to alter.

Utilization of the conceptual realm in psionics is, without a doubt, necessary to growth. The use and study of the underlying mechanisms is crucial to the practice of Dynamic Psi, and the utilization of them is the difference between a failed attempt and a successful psionic act. The planes hold a necessary aspect of psionics in that without using them, psi is just blind flailing. Begin your study of the conceptual domain through attempting to link to concepts residing on it, and scanning through the conceptual domain.

Feel free to ask questions and discuss.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 07:27:05 PM by Shadowarrior13 »
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

March 24, 2007, 11:27:40 PM
Reply #1

Oriens Lvx Lucis

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
This is well written, however I find a general lack of information on what is actually in the conceptual domain.  Also, the descripton of the realm becomes hazy when it is too specific, as you tend to name it as a "thing."  I suspect the readers (at least a portio of them) shall want to know specifically what will be found there, or at least a few examples, before they look for themselves.  You seem to stress the importance of the realm, and it is important, however you do not say specifically why it is so important aside from it being the origin of all that we find in physical manifestation.  I am going to assume that before you wrote this, most of the current auience following the class did not know what the domain was until you spoke of the terminology in this article. 

I mention this in relative length because your other articles have been more detailed and focused.  Consider this as constructive criticism, and not a personal attack.

Otherwise I feel it is a good source of preliminary information for a psion planning to experiment with that plane of existence.  Good job as usual.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 11:29:14 PM by Oriens Lvx Lucis »

March 25, 2007, 10:19:37 AM
Reply #2

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
One might find it interesting to read Prophecy's Occult Virtues lecture. The underlying concepts of this lecture greatly pertain to the conceptual domain.

April 18, 2007, 08:33:15 PM
Reply #3

Wonderland

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    ISIS
    • View Profile
    • My blog space (just getting started 06/07)
Do you see your created objects as coming down (from a higher realm) or going up (from a lower one)?  Do you visualize it as, say, a triangle surrounding you?  I usually think of it in fours, so I am a bit confused.  How is this approach different from and similar to using a seven-pronged approach like chakras?  Thanks in advance for your insight.  I am looking for a mentor.   
Yeeesh!  Apparently I forgot the signature changes on all posts....AND until you change it again...oh well enough then...sorry 'bout that

April 19, 2007, 09:27:44 PM
Reply #4

Wonderland

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    ISIS
    • View Profile
    • My blog space (just getting started 06/07)
Oriens Lvx Lucis...is that Latin for "master of the obvious"?  Ouch.  My question was just plain mean.  I thank you for pointing that out, in the event that you thought I didn't already know that.  I realize things like that can happen, especially in my case.  However, it is my desire to not apply for a mentor until I have a better knowledge of the exact approach I want to take, as well as a better feeling for the mentors available.  Thus, my attempts at making posts to possible mentors to try to encourage a dialog.  Perhaps I should continue being mean, and inform you of the other steps I am taking to help ensure I make a "good" decision?  Nah, I don't want to get myself in trouble. 
Yeeesh!  Apparently I forgot the signature changes on all posts....AND until you change it again...oh well enough then...sorry 'bout that

January 09, 2008, 02:23:47 PM
Reply #5

xShadowxWarriorx

• Settling In

• View Profile
So what are the three planes? Physical realm, conceptual realm and whats the other one?

I know this isn't a very active question but didn't feel like making a whole new topic for one silly question.
There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Person 1: Your dumb
Person 2: You dumb!
Person 1: Touche. =]

January 09, 2008, 05:23:55 PM
Reply #6

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
So what are the three planes? Physical realm, conceptual realm and whats the other one?

I know this isn't a very active question but didn't feel like making a whole new topic for one silly question.

The three are the physical domain, the energetic domain, and the conceptual domain.  See the three domains wiki page for more info.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

November 06, 2012, 06:53:11 AM
Reply #7

Unpopularprophet

• View Profile
This sounds almost startlingly like Plato's theory of Forms... of how the ephemeral objective realm we observe with the senses is not the true reality, and that the composite or singular nature of anything we observe has an eternal source/sources on the Other Side, and what we observe is primarily a side effect of, a shadow on the wall within that realm. Is this theory related to or originating with Platonic philosophy, or is there some other cause for this correlation?

November 07, 2012, 11:23:04 AM
Reply #8

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
This sounds almost startlingly like Plato's theory of Forms... of how the ephemeral objective realm we observe with the senses is not the true reality, and that the composite or singular nature of anything we observe has an eternal source/sources on the Other Side, and what we observe is primarily a side effect of, a shadow on the wall within that realm. Is this theory related to or originating with Platonic philosophy, or is there some other cause for this correlation?

There are certainly analogues, and obviously Plato came up with his ideas first (and I have read about it, so I knew of them before coming up with my descriptions of the conceptual domain).  I attribute the similarities to Plato being a sharp guy, and the simple fact that true things have a tendency to be rediscovered regularly.

There are some minor differences, in that I regard Plato's forms as adhering more to the concept of perfect forms, whereas the conceptual domain is far more general.  While "triangle" is indeed a concept in the conceptual domain, so is "that triangle over there on the table with the scratch on its corner."  In this sense the conceptual domain is more general and less "pure" than what Plato envisioned.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.