Author Topic: Fundamental Psi: Scanning  (Read 21984 times)

March 04, 2007, 02:21:47 PM
Read 21984 times

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
Scanning

Scanning, as aforementioned in the linking lesson, is the art of obtaining information about any place, person, object, concept, or generally anything that exists. It should be treated as any other act of kinesis, as intent, manipulation of energies, and actualization within the soul are needed. While the brain is used to interpret the data, it is by no means the mechanism, or even necessary.

The Linking Process

If you’ve been following the course as instructed, you’ve read on the process of linking. A link is crucial in all scans, and while it helps immensely to consciously create a link while beginning scanning, it becomes less and less necessary to perform as you mature in your practices. A link is used to transfer information, and as an anchor for your soul to connect to the target. Whilst first learning to scan, it is wise to make sure that a solid link is achieved with the target, for more accurate results and ease of scanning. Eventually, a link will be automatically achieved for a scan, but until that point, spend time on making a stable link.

Performing A Scan

Spend enough time focal meditating so that you have a completely clear and alert mind. Figure out a target, with easily verifiable results. Note that a scan is not limited to your own place in time, and can be something that already or will happen. A good target is a card flipped over. Acquire a deck of cards, shuffle them facedown, and place a card facedown on a flat surface. Gain awareness of the soul, and form a stable link to the card. Form a clear intent to know what’s on the card. You can scan specific aspects of the card, such as the suit, its color, number, etc., for a wider approach, but this is not necessary. After your intent is formed, you may take either a passive or active approach to scanning. You can be completely receptive and await the information to arrive within the soul, or you can use the soul to reach out and read the information. Keep in mind that you want to receive the information with the soul alone, and the mind should be calm and quiet. After information is obtained with confidence, try not to interpret, and flip the card over. If the scan was successful, note your state of mind and concentration and the position of the soul during that scan. If unsuccessful, attempt it again, and tweak your performance of the scan. Always be aware of what you’re doing, so you can note it if the scan was successful or unsuccessful.

Analytical Overlay

Analytical Overlay, or AOL, occurs when the brain attempts to receive the information or interpret it in place of the soul. When scanning, always be vigilant that the mind is under control and not running wild, and isn’t taking a hold of the information received and spinning it out of its original meaning. Preconceptions should be at all costs avoided, and if existing, should be made sure that they’re not minded. If a scan is unsuccessful because of AOL, take a minute to clear your mind, and re-scan with the focus being on the soul rather than the mind.
   As with all psionic acts, doubt should be kept to a minimum, preferably nonexistent. If proper confidence is maintained, and belief at a high, success is relatively guaranteed.

Feel free to post questions, comments, or discuss, and don't be shy. :)
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

March 08, 2007, 11:40:19 AM
Reply #1

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Aye, looks like all are shy and rude. Well done on the article, Shadow. I'd prefer a paragraph break in that big chunk of text in the Performing a Scan portion, but hey, I don't get everything I want in life.  :wink:

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the Focusing the Self exercise. Lightly put, this can be used to turn focus inwards and ask probing questions do discover the self and correct one's confidence. As one piece of advice, use this if you are finding yourself frustrated, as you can calm the frustration, realize what is blocking your progress, and gain a solid faith in your ability so that you might succeed.

Again...Good job, clearly written.

Namaste

March 08, 2007, 08:43:33 PM
Reply #2

TakeV

• Veritas Council
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Mad Scientist

• View Profile
Aye, looks like all are shy and rude. Well done on the article, Shadow. I'd prefer a paragraph break in that big chunk of text in the Performing a Scan portion, but hey, I don't get everything I want in life.  :wink:

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the Focusing the Self exercise. Lightly put, this can be used to turn focus inwards and ask probing questions do discover the self and correct one's confidence. As one piece of advice, use this if you are finding yourself frustrated, as you can calm the frustration, realize what is blocking your progress, and gain a solid faith in your ability so that you might succeed.

Again...Good job, clearly written.

Namaste

I believe he covered that in the inner meditation article.

November 22, 2007, 07:02:19 PM
Reply #3

Secret Rose

• View Profile
I am not able to perform any type of telekinesis but to perform a scan is something that I picked up from somewhere before I found the Veritas Society.  I just remembered someone somewhere saying there is always a link between everything.  So I just tell myself that everything is linked together, and it works very well for me.  Like today for example I was playing a game online, it was a waitress game where you take peoples orders and get the food.  Well I just said to myself okay let's have some fun, and I decided to find out what the next person was going to order, I immediately knew that it was steak and lime pop.  I've never thought of it as scanning though, just as looking to see what was there.  Which in it's essence is the same thing. 

How can I do a scan but not any of the other stuff?  Frustrating.  bleck.  I must learn the basics, but they are not coming easy to me. 

What should I do?

~Secret Rose

November 05, 2008, 11:21:29 AM
Reply #4

knightemilio

• Settling In

• View Profile
So with a proper scan you can get a lot of infomation from the person or thing. And not just present but past and future? I never tried that before this is going to be interesting.

June 08, 2009, 03:32:08 AM
Reply #5

sselllpes

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    7th Generation Seer
    • View Profile
I can do this already, but I call it telepathy. I just don't know how to do it the way you do.
Well like I call it different stuff like when I look in someone's head it's telepathy.
But whenever concentrate and smell an object I can see the past.
And I can see far away, like if someone's reading a book I can see the page number, or if a cards flipped over.
But I just try, there's no soul stuff like happening. I just googled 2012 and I found this sight.
And I just wanted to learn telekinesis, but I can only do it sometimes when I'm mad, but stuff just shakes or shoots off somewhere.
I'm not sure I understand. I've had these I guess you could call it gifts and I've only mastered the telepathy, seeing the future (only when i sleep) , and some other stuff.

January 30, 2010, 06:12:58 AM
Reply #6

darthlobo

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Padawan Learner
    • View Profile
It sounds like you are using biometrics, obtaining historical information from holding an object.

As for rattling object, I hear its common in those untrained.  In fact, I hear people mistake it for a poltergeist haunting.
I choose the Twilight Path to the Dawn.

January 30, 2010, 06:17:56 AM
Reply #7

Violet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Verigeek.
    • View Profile
It sounds like you are using biometrics, obtaining historical information from holding an object.

As for rattling object, I hear its common in those untrained.  In fact, I hear people mistake it for a poltergeist haunting.

Psychometry?
Anyway, that post from sselllpes is quite old, I doubt she's still waiting for an answer.

~Tempestum

February 09, 2010, 08:17:19 PM
Reply #8

darthlobo

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Padawan Learner
    • View Profile
Ah, I did mean psychometrics.  And yeah, I didn't really pay close enough attention to the date on that one.  I think I had just woken up when I hit this thread that day.
I choose the Twilight Path to the Dawn.

November 18, 2012, 08:23:41 PM
Reply #9

The Yellow Magician

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Nemo me Impune Lacessit
    • View Profile

Do you mean Psychometry?

Celebrating 27 years of meditation practice, delving deeper in the mystical, mantic arts and hands-on thaumaturgy.

And if I told you that I loved you.
You'd maybe think there's something wrong,
Im not a man of too many faces,
The mask I wear is one.
Those who speak know nothing,
And find out to their cost,
Like those who curse their luck in too many places,
And those who fear are lost...