Author Topic: Fundamental Psi: Inner Meditation and Linking  (Read 18153 times)

February 18, 2007, 03:41:43 PM
Read 18153 times

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
Inner Meditation and Linking

Those of us who’ve been introduced to various psionic circles have heard if the term “scanning”. While the practices vary from circle to circle, the definition and underlying truth remain. To scan is to discover information about any aspect of any thing, now, later, or before here. Before we can scan, however, we must balance ourselves, and be able to connect with what we’re scanning.

Inner Meditation

Inner meditation is a practice which involves knowing the self, which is inarguably one of the most fundamental and valuable parts of being any sort of practitioner. Knowing the self and controlling the self open the way for one to control everything outside of the self.
   Inner meditation consists of focal meditation, with the focus being on the soul instead of the candle. It’s used to ask questions and understand oneself, and acquire balance. Start out getting relaxed however you’re most comfortable with. To perform this, instead of jumping right to inner meditation, it is wise to begin with a candle meditation. Once the proper state is achieved, which would be nice and calm, and focused, the focal point should be switched to the soul. As you should have performed kinetics, you should have a vague feeling of the soul. If you can remember this, use it. If not, try meditating on the candle and performing kinetics until you can feel the soul firmly. As you meditate on the candle, slowly focus less on the candle and more on yourself and the soul, underneath all of your thoughts and feelings. After you’ve retained a firm focal point on the soul, detach yourself and simply float within the focus of the soul.

Linking

Linking is a crucial part of scanning. Without linking, there would be no conduit to scanning. To link is to form a strong connection to the target with the soul, so a scan may be performed.
   Start by performing inner meditation. When a strong focus on the soul is achieved, think of your target. It can be a person, place, object, or whatever you feel like scanning. Slowly start to focus on the target with your soul, by meditating on it. Form the intent to link with it, and use your awareness to project the soul to the target. When a firm link is achieved, you may randomly receive information about the target. Practice with linking until a proficient link can be made, and information received can be confirmed as positive. With time and effort, linking may be mastered, and can evolve into scanning, which will be covered in the next lesson. Practice, and progress.

Feel free to post comments or questions, and don’t be shy. :)

<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

February 18, 2007, 04:03:31 PM
Reply #1

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
*comments*

Nice article. Clear and down to the point. You should post your paragraphs like Gemini did, for the sake of consistency, and the sake of me not gouging my eyes out because of my apparent OCD-like problems. :P

But content is good.
“I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.”

February 19, 2007, 06:48:02 AM
Reply #2

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Very nicely written.

These are two practices that are of immense importance to the practicing psion.

-k

February 19, 2007, 08:48:10 AM
Reply #3

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
A good article I think, covers some important things. The only issue I have with it is that linking is not necessary in order to scan as my opinion on the matter is expressed in my previous article.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

February 19, 2007, 04:41:19 PM
Reply #4

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
I am of the firm conviction that, while it may not be consciously or purposefully created, some form of a link is achieved whilst scanning. Something's gotta connect.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

February 19, 2007, 06:07:58 PM
Reply #5

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
There is an inherent link between people in general but the only required links for scanning are those between the scanner and their mental projection. Otherwise there is no more link necessary than would be to say, look at a picture on a wall.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

February 19, 2007, 06:26:54 PM
Reply #6

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
"There is an inherent link between people in general..."

Even if this is true, then the link is still there, it simply already exists and is futher strengthened and energized. As Shadow said, something's gotta connect. However, in Dynamic Psi there is the belief in a conceptual plane operating by conceptual laws; in a conceptual world everything is organized and linked conceptually. This, therefore, may be why it seems that there is no need for a link - the mind naturally and subconsciously makes the connection between self and target.

~Hech
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 06:31:04 PM by Hech »

February 19, 2007, 07:09:54 PM
Reply #7

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
This inherent link is not necessary either whether or not it is present. A target is necessary, and a goal is necessary, but there is no requirement for a connection between those involved as it is a matter of interpreting information as one could determine by walking towards something and looking at it. No different from traveling to a location. The ability to gather information from what is before you defines the necessity for a link. What can be sensed may set a limit to what must be directly 'taken' from what is being viewed.

The conceptual creation is merely a result of considering your target but focusing or strengthening this in particular is unnecessary.

February 19, 2007, 10:00:23 PM
Reply #8

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Otherwise there is no more link necessary than would be to say, look at a picture on a wall.

Are you going to tell me there is no link when you look at a picture on a wall?  A link can be much more general than you may be thinking.

A link can be thought of as an association between information.  So if information is connected or is transmitted, then there is a link.  It does not have to be an "energy tunnel" or any specific visualization.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

February 19, 2007, 10:05:17 PM
Reply #9

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
I was actually going to edit my post in response as I've been considering a potential terminology difference here. Indeed as I've stated there are links relative to such things as simply looking at a picture or listening to a song, but in context linking within this category generally does mean 'energy tunnel' and so I took it that way.

April 18, 2007, 08:47:51 PM
Reply #10

Wonderland

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    ISIS
    • View Profile
    • My blog space (just getting started 06/07)
I see what you're saying, though.  You were talking about two different concepts.  It seemed to me when I originally read this yesterday, that a link is necessary more for sending and no link is necessary more for receiving, yes?
Yeeesh!  Apparently I forgot the signature changes on all posts....AND until you change it again...oh well enough then...sorry 'bout that

November 05, 2008, 11:15:06 AM
Reply #11

knightemilio

• Settling In

• View Profile
Well I was wondering if you don't know yourself you can't scan anything or anybody?