Author Topic: zen  (Read 2953 times)

December 14, 2003, 08:50:16 PM
Read 2953 times

zen

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
zen
i would like to open up a section for any insights or quotes that could perhaps open peoples perception. this doesnt nessisarly have to deal with zen buddhism nor does it even have to be that great. it can be of anything and of any source. all will be apreciated.

the fluidness of being

the world around us is constantly changeing. there is not a moment that is solid not a experince that is fully sustained not a life that will not end. it is very common for us to veiw things as begining and end but this is a lie. all things in the world are in a constant flow. change is always a constant but goes so slowly some times that the unaware rarley see it until it has become drastic. it has become a goal of ours to try and solidify something make things last ensure our selves. this search is that of the ego and leads to stagnation instead of enlightenment. in the quest of the spirit what ever that might be e.i salvation,harmony,enlightenment one must allow things to flow in their natural state. allow things to happen of there natural course. take joy in the state of now for now is all the perfection there ever will be and all the heaven you could ever desire. embrace your true being and let yourself flow. do not worry if you are on the right path or the wrong path or if you are makeing progess or if your going backwords for all things are flowing to their destination. take lesson in the experince of life do not hold on to it. take knowledge from those you meet do not hold judgement of them for their path flows the way it needs to. know that the answers you seek are always there all you need to do is make sure you are asking the right questions. speed is not the essence of flowing for if we were to study the nature of water we would see it speed up and slow down and sometimes appear to stop moveing all togeather but there is always movement and that is what is important in our spiritual quests.
to learn is to change

December 14, 2003, 09:44:25 PM
Reply #1

Krab

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Ah ok.. this is my first post! YAY! hahaha!

For the nice thing in the post... it was said by someone and someone even wrote it down so I give it to you.

"We are like water. When we die is like when a drop of water joins the ocean. Is the drop of water gone? (Hope not! haha!) The ocean changed forever."
                              -Not me.. i don't remember...

Hope this is a nice thing to someone else! ... I might remember more "nice things" and add them to this post

December 14, 2003, 11:21:53 PM
Reply #2

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
zen
I made this up earlier in the Veritas channel today when someone mentioned something about writing an insightful quote. I changed it slightly just now though. "The best thing about life is the end of it. The reason we have life at all, however, is because we need to experience existance to know how great non-existance truly is." Yay! I'm special!!

Now, a motivational poem of mine I wrote during a story (I like writing stories):
Never fall, never fail.
Never bawl, never wail.
Never forfeit, never yield.
Not until I have been killed.

My brother had this as his signature once, not sure where he got it from:
Reality calls me from time to time, I usually just hang up on it.

And now, some more special ones:
~You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him
~Only those who do nothing at all make no mistakes... but that ((doing nothing)) would be a mistake.
~A coward gets scared and quits. A hero gets scared, but still goes on.
~Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit, has a limited imagination.
~It is quite possible to work without results, but never will there be results without work.
~If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
~Never live in the past, but always learn from it.
~He who knows all the answers, has not yet been asked all the questions.
~Only a fool knows everything. A wise man knows how little he knows.
~Some make it happen, some watch it happen and some say “What happened?”.
~If you’re not sure where you’re going, you’ll probably end up somewhere else.

Now, here are some famous ones:
~Anger is never without a reason, but seldom [has] a good one. – Benjamin Franklin
~We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.- Martin Luther King Jr.
~When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. – Charles Beard
~When you arrive at your future, will you blame your past? – Robert Half
~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come. – Joan Baez
~What we see depends mainly on what we look for. – Sir John Lubbock.
~I do not think much of a man who does not know more today then he did yesterday. – Abraham Lincoln.

And here's a nice long one for ya all:
~When you are able to contain both the light and dark together, that is a very enlightening state. It means that you no longer have to choose one experience over another. You do not have to choose love OR hate, blame OR forgiveness, sadness OR joy, anger OR openheartedness. You are no longer polarized; no particular feeling boxes you in and keeps you from the light of true self. You then have access to the full range of human experiences you came into this life to embrace. – Martia Nelson.

The above all came out of my quotes collection. I didnt give them all, though. Only some which I thought ya'll might like. Enjoy.
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

December 20, 2003, 05:37:53 PM
Reply #3

Psudoangel

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
zen
to my insight, zen cannot be explained, just felt. Zen is a certain feeling when a true realisation of life is achieved. you cant just read "zen for idiots" and become a budda, life must be experenced with the teachings of zen in your mind. the closest thing i can think of that defines zen is, life has no point, but life is not pointless.

December 20, 2003, 10:36:55 PM
Reply #4

F8te

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
zen
In essence:

“If you really want to help this world, what you will have to teach is how to live in it.” (Joseph Campbell)

December 21, 2003, 07:08:54 PM
Reply #5

zen

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
zen
there is no way that can be found and to try and find the way is to be blind of it.
to learn is to change

December 23, 2003, 10:27:13 PM
Reply #6

Krab

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
well since it's going to the zen aspect!

Remember the flower story? it's quite short and meaningless but who knows who can get enlightenment from those things right?!?!

"They (they? I guess some buddha's peeps) assembled to receive the lesson (I think.. as always I type it from memory and it comes out messed up! what lesson is there to be taught anyway?) and then the Buddha (yeps! it was one!) took a flower and showed to his gang. No one undertood anything but (...eh.. I forgot his name... let's call him  "someone"...) someone smiled. and the lesson was thus passed to this happy fella.

the point of this (badly told...) story is the same of that of the post before the post before this one by. PseudoAngel. so this one adds absolutely nothing to the thread!! unless someone read this and feels happy. If this is the case please keep it here!

December 27, 2003, 03:38:16 PM
Reply #7

zen

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
zen
the meaning of things like the story of the flower i think is to show that things such as spiritual ideas can not be expressed through words or conventional knowledge. you have to come to understanding for yourself. like i siad earlier there is no way that can be found and to try to find the way is to be blind of it. the truth of the matter for those that say they have strayed from the path is the dont realize they have always been walking it. there is no high or low there is only the now.
to learn is to change