Author Topic: A Moment of Compassion  (Read 1525 times)

March 29, 2006, 08:35:01 PM
Read 1525 times

22thizzos

• View Profile
I never realized how much I really loved my mom.  I am only 14 and I have it has been a long while since I seen myself cry like a baby.  My mom and I were driving back from the mall.  She bought me a couple shirts.  My mom and I don't communicate much so naturally the radio was on.  Suddenly, Dilemma by Nelly and Kelly Rowland comes on.  When I heard the lines:
"...No matter what I do, all I think about is you"
"...You know I'm crazy over you"

The lines made me think about the most important person in my life.  The person who I know truly loves me.  My mom.  My eyes began to water and I fought it as much as possible.  When we got home I ran into my room and tears just flowed from my eyes.  I just never knew.

March 29, 2006, 08:52:59 PM
Reply #1

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
It's funny how things can be right in front of you and you see them. I realized a similar thing not all to long ago, about what my parents really had to put up with, and what I put them through. I put myself in their shoes as I could better understand their responsibility, and how I would feel. It lead me to truly be able to say that I do love my parents and appreciate what they have done, and still do for me.

I try not to be too much of a jerk if I can help it ;)

It's very sweet that you can see that, you should express the feeling toward her more ^_^
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

April 24, 2006, 07:24:01 AM
Reply #2

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Original Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheKarenExpress
Awww so sweet.  I hope my son thinks of me like that sometimes, even though he is a dad himself now.
Taking a moment or two each day like that really improves the world.
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

April 24, 2006, 10:55:06 AM
Reply #3

Rafnul!

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• he-who-posts-lots

• View Profile
On account of trying to get in touch with my true self... I've opened up a lot of doors and had a lot of experiences like that recently.  I'll see just how I truly feel about something, and I will shed tears.  There are some that still touch me on a consistent basis, but usually it's just the one time, where I figure something out on a really deep level.  Yeah, it's definitely a good thing.