Author Topic: Etheric Projection Methods  (Read 26675 times)

September 18, 2005, 10:41:21 PM
Read 26675 times

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    "Receive and transmit..."
    • View Profile
It seems like my website will not be back up for a while and the natives are getting restless.  Here, I am going to post the two methods I came up with to induce an etheric projection; both of which have common elements, which occur in most EP cases.
They both have the same effect, but one is more persistant than the other; waking yourself, or waiting for specific "symptoms" to occur, while in a physically relaxed state.  The physical factors involved are what I believe set this kind of experience apart, from astral projection: there is no visualization, or guided meditations involved.  The methodology is tactile, rather than visual.  One method is less consciously involved than the other, so you can do whichever fits into your own routine, without having to make special preparations.
Although the text is paraphrased from my original material: these are not public domain.

What To Expect

Before your adventure, there are a few things that should be made clear, so that you have the correct frame of mind. Even though my methods have shown success in others, it is important to go about things in a way that is casual and unstressful.
1) You are not fallowing "steps," but inducing a natural process. This means, you do not need to worry about doing something to the letter, or if you "mess up" and think you have to start over. Feel free to change the process, to suite your personal habits; if you meditate or have some kind of ritual you prefer, then do those things at your leisure.
2) Do not expect to have a projection. Although it is your goal, an etheric projection comes on easier, when you stop trying to force it. During the exercises, forget your "goal" and focus on something related, such as becoming relaxed, or inducing an altered state of mind. Having specific expectations of what "should" happen will hinder your progress.
3) Don't give up. If you don't project in a given timeframe, it is not because you are doing anything wrong. Depending on the individual, this process takes time. Even if you think you are not getting anywhere, you are actually programming yourself to have an etheric projection at an increased rate, as opposed to not having one at all.

The 4am Method
The name was coined for the estimated time at which an etheric projection would occur for me.  This method is based on external cues upon which you may rely.  I do not consider this so much a short cut, but rather an alternative for when one is still developing personal their conditioning.  External cues may be several things, which include alarm clocks, televisions and radios; perhaps even a willing roommate.  The idea is that the sound will stir you out of a slumber, to the point when your body is still paralyzed, but your mind will become aware of your surroundings.
First, have your chosen cue wake you up after 2-4 hours; experiment with intervals, to see which will work.  You begin by lying in a comfortable position, as if you are going to take a nap.  Relax and let your mind wander; you may employ a special meditation or breathing technique, if that is what helps you.  From that point, you slowly should begin to doze.  I usually imagine that I am falling down a dark tunnel, until I lose consciousness, but visualization is not required.
When you wake, your body should feel heavy and unable to move much.  The time at which you wake determines when you are actually in this sleep paralysis state.  If you had set an alarm clock, you may have trouble turning it off, which is why I recommend that you actually use a radio or television, at a soft volume.  If you have someone help you, then you will have an easier time with the next stages.
When you are ready, settle into a not-caring state of mind, allowing yourself to "let go" as you relax.  This means, "force" yourself to not mentally hang on to any thought or physical sensation.  An oxymoron that is difficult to explain, but is most easily achieved at this part of the process.  Your lack of will to make something happen is what will cause this passive interference.  When done correctly, you will start to notice sensations that had not been previously felt; the most notable sensations being vibrations all over your body, accompanied by high-pitched ringing in your ears.  Do not become excited or frightened, but continue with the persistent concentration.
The sensations will get more intense.  Eventually, you will actually start to feel like you are being gently dragged, or like you are falling.

Fall Out II
Sometimes called a "rollout", falling-out is a generic phrase for an etheric projection technique.  My method is one that has been hand tailored, which in my opinion has yielded the most success.  I combine several efforts, which for me seems to always work anywhere from a day to a week of diligence.  Several mind-games you will play during this exercise become easier with patience.  If you are not someone who regularly meditates, then you will find difficulty in using those games to an advantage.
You must first be physically exhausted.  I recommend that you stay awake for about 14 hours, but you may wish to be tired some other way.  I have heard of coming home from a long day of work can do the trick.  Lie in a comfortable position and while you relax, sense yourself losing awareness of your surroundings.  In this meditative state, it may feel like you are sinking and everything around you feels further away.  Each time you think you are actually going to lose consciousness, slowly bring yourself back out of it.  Attempt to "measure" how awake you are, compared to how close you are to falling asleep.  Do this in succession.  Bring yourself close to sleep and then bring yourself back out, but each time see how close you can come to losing consciousness.
As you go deeper into a half-sleep state, you may start to notice the feeling that you are gently rocking, or falling.  When you have "dipped" in and out of your half-sleep enough, you can intentionally induce this sensation, if you do not disrupt the rhythm of the previous repetitions.  For that, I tend imagine that I am cradled in a canoe, bobbing across a lake. 
When the rocking intensifies, two more kinds of sensations might start.  These sensations, described just like in the 4a.m. Method, are vibrations and high pitching ringing in the ears.  For most, they all happen in tandem, yet seem to also ebb and flow to each other.  Because you are inducing the rocking, you are going to notice this relationship.
Upon feeling the vibrations, fear may start to kick-in and you may be afraid of what is going to happen to you.  When you feel like you are actually moving, do not submit to being excited, but continue with the exact frame of mind that brought you there.  Tell yourself to let go and that you do not care what takes place.  The sensation of movement will become more and more apparent, which will inevitably carry you away from your physical position.

Copyright 2004-2005
No unauthorized reproduction, or distribution.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 02:28:32 PM by solstice »
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.
Tefeari: The Giant Impact Hypothesis is a theory

September 18, 2005, 10:50:07 PM
Reply #1

SleepWalker

• Posts By Osmosis

• Pool Boy

• Personal Text
    Pinkus Elephantus
    • View Profile
How can you explain freedom, never having experienced it.
From the moment we ar born we conform to the physical world. In narrow awareness of all that there is to percieve.
Try Tachyon[/URL

September 19, 2005, 07:33:41 AM
Reply #2

DownRodeo

• Veritas Furniture

• DD-APPR0VED! A-OKAYH!!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
    • BudoTaijutsu.co.uk-Koshin Dojo Malmesbury
 "No unauthourised reproduction or distribution!!!!" *zips up flies and throws away teh drugs!*

....uhh nice article, was that on your old web site?
"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part, you can't even passively take part, and you've got to put your bodies on the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers... and you've got to make it stop!"
Mario Savio

September 21, 2005, 04:46:26 PM
Reply #3

toogudda4uah

• View Profile
 thanks a lot dude, that might work better than my technique that i use now.   thanks :biggrin:

November 13, 2005, 01:30:19 PM
Reply #4

SolidVenture

• View Profile
AWESOMENESSSS!!!!! TY
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

December 29, 2005, 05:03:36 AM
Reply #5

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Since I have not seen him around to ask for his endorsement... I found an old post on Astral Society, where our own Sargon is telling others how my method worked for him.  This is what he had to say:
Quote from: Sargon
I had my first conscious projection last night, it was awesome. I used the method from Psychic Body, thanks Solstice! I started hearing music, like tibetan bowls to activate the chakras, then some radio station with subliminal messaging, I think it was a guide getting me out completely. All of the sudden I woke up, feeling very tired. Extremely groggy, I could bare keep my eyes open.

At first it was like Solstice said, I was in my light body and could barely move. I thought I was stuck in the physical and I had already projected! Then, I look at my hands, and tehy melted! I almost got too excited but controled my emotions. I rolled over a bunch of times slowly, to seperate myself and then stood up. I jumped, cuz solstice says you ill float, and float I did. I couldn't control my self though. I jumped over my body, and was floating face down a foot above my floor! LOL! Then I tried making some stuff appear but no luck, this projection was guided by higher beings, I met with projections of my fears and cleansed my ego. Than a guide took me around and it was liek a new job, I got a tour of some odd dimension with weird names for weird animals. They had a plumb, that look liek a pear. They called it plumb-something I forget.

So buy my program for $29.99!  lol
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.

January 19, 2006, 09:13:21 PM
Reply #6

Lone Gunman

• A Veritas Regular

• Greenhorn

• View Profile
Haha, nice article Solstice. I actually gave this a shot last night, I could almost myself drifting upward but lost concentration and woke up. Then I slept naturally, without any abnormal sensations. Hmmm I'll give your methods a shot and see where this takes me.

Lone Gunman
Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without a moon or stars.

-Confucius

September 19, 2006, 02:46:19 AM
Reply #7

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
For those of you who are not aware, I have been writing a book for months on the subject of etheric projection.  The methodology described above will be included, but in far more detail, as I do not plan on making any more ammendments to the forum post.  So, should it seem brief, then it will stay that way until I am asked questions for more detail.
Those of you who might question the validity of the etheric body, and still feel it is the same as the astral (as far as relationship), might want to concider some of the various sources that allude to the etheric substance, as well as those experiences that describe a reality that is far too mundane to be of a conceptual world.  Robert Monroe is cited to be one of the pioneers of astral projection, but I think the masses do not realize that he is also a poineer of etheric projection.  In his books, he discusses a "second body" which he sheds before he travels to higher realms (or Focus greater than 'real time').  This second body appears to operate in alignment with the Physical realm, and it even has a mass, which is not possible to accuratly observe in astral travel.
This is a passage of an article written by Susan Blackmore, in observation of Monroe's claims, which gives you a general idea of how he believed this other body operated in comparison to the astral:
Monroe gives a detailed description of the 'second body'. It has weight, is visible under certain conditions, produces a sensation of touch just like the physical touch, and yet it is very plastic and may adopt any form required of it. Possibly, suggests Monroe, the second body is a reversal of the physical. He even relates this to his ideas that it may consist of antimatter, although what he means is obscure. As for a cord, he tried feeling it on some of his excursions, but it was not an important part of his experience. Finally he suggests that the second body is related in some important way to electricity and magnetism. In experiments in a Faraday cage he found that he could not pass through the walls when a current was passed through them, but when it was turned off he could (though sufficient details are not given to assess the explanation fairly). He suggests a 'third force*' to add to electricity and magnetism which is used by the second body and fundamental to thought.  Source: Psych Web: Who Is Robert Monroe
*Usually, after shedding this form, Monroe explains that he is now "free like a baloon", meaning that he could not travel to the alterior realms associated with astral projection without being released from the more mundane etheric body.  This "third" force that seems to empower the etheric vehicle is consistant with how the Astral influences the Etheric realm, as the ether acts as the medium between the Physical and Astral.

January 11, 2007, 12:23:47 PM
Reply #8

Amodia_x

• View Profile
Solstice, what is the name of your program?

January 11, 2007, 07:58:38 PM
Reply #9

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Sorry, for got to close my tags... </sarcasm>

January 11, 2007, 08:36:41 PM
Reply #10

Iavas

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Contradictory
    • View Profile
Good article, solstice. I've projected a couple of times, although never intentionally and in what form I am not sure (more on that later). First, however, allow me to point out that Monroe's hypothesis that the second body consists of antimatter is rediculous. As far as I remember, although correct me if I'm wrong, unless Monroe was projecting in a near perfect vacuum, his 'antimatter' body and the closest similar amount of nearby matter (aka, his physical body) would cancel out in a none-to-small poof, leaving one less projector.

I've tried methods similar to yours, although probably not often enough for them to have any noticeable effect. When I have projected, always by accident, I would wake up in sleep paralysis and would will myself out. The first time this was incredibly difficult, with my entire 'second body' paralyzed as well, albeit able to float about. The second time it was much easier, with a full range of movement and vision. Neither involved any vibrations or noises. While I could not pass through solid matter either time, I could somehow phase myself through cracks around the door on the second occasion to appear on the other side. Both experiences started out very destinct and memorable with few, if any, discrepencies between what I saw and what was in real life. However, the first time I bumped into the door five times, 'waking' back in my body each time, before the experience devolved into a dreamlike state, with numerous inconsistencies (door being open instead of closed, light being on, a new room with odd people in it, and people I knew seeing me and acting different than they would). Similarly, the second time started out normal (although I swear my cat reacted as if he saw me) until I went downstairs and phased through the front door, at which point the experience became rather trippy for a few minutes and then devolved into a short and quickly forgotten dream. So, I wonder, what kind of projection was it? Ethereal, Astral, or first one and then the other? Also, though this may not be the topic for it, what would be the difference between an astral projection and a lucid dream, since I heard that dreams are basically subconsious astral projections anyway?

EDIT: Whoops! After posting this I went to the Projection boards and saw your article explaining psychic projections and thereby practically answering my question. I'll leave the second paragraph up here anyway, if nobody objects, and feel free to have a shot at it if you're bored, seeing as how its a more exact real life example. If it serves no purpose, kill it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 08:42:44 PM by Iavas »
QUOTES:
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
-- William Shakespeare, Hamlet

January 11, 2007, 08:43:55 PM
Reply #11

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Also, though this may not be the topic for it, what would be the difference between an astral projection and a lucid dream, since I heard that dreams are basically subconsious astral projections anyway?
I can find no objective difference between them.  When someone describes an astral travel, it sounds just like a dream with the same relationship between the traveler's ego and the environment.  If there is one, then it is a matter of perspective.
In my book, I am basing my definition of astral projection on sources that define the Astral realm, and on shamanism-- they belive that dreams (lucid dreams, specifically) are spiritual journies.  This would be consistent with the conceptual/surreal description of the Astral.

August 01, 2008, 04:27:33 PM
Reply #12

knightrd

• View Profile
I've been doing this naturally all of my life, but my experiences got to the point where they were happening far too frequently (as in once or twice a day).
I must also say that not all of my experiences were positive, whether it involved etheric projection or astral projection. I had no desire nor guide in this process and it scared me terribly for a long time. In fact, I had no choice but to learn about the topic.

I sought more information and found a lack of easily accessible information about it. Too bad the Internet wasn't more useful back then. I looked for guidance by others and there wasn't a single person I could talk to about it. I studied a lot about Eastern religion (Buddhism and the Vedas), then came across some new books, and also studied everything I could about dreaming and lucid dreaming. I got to the point where I could initiate any of these states of mind at will and I could shut it down quickly if I wish to... the latter is what I've been doing for the last 7 years (for the most part).

Will I project again? Yes.. and soon.

There is something I'd like to relate regarding the most beautiful experience I've ever had. I have seen the Akashic records. I was working and going to school full time. I had a few hours between these two classes and I was feeling so exhausted. So I found a couch and set an alarm on my watch. I thought I was just going to take a nap, but I projected or was drawn into what I would describe as a library. It was so different than any of my previous experiences because of this sort of high intensity vibration I experienced, like being lifted into a higher state of consciousness. There were what I perceived to be multiple sentient beings or keepers. All communication was telepathic. I cannot, *emphasis*, CANNOT begin to describe the level of detail I experienced. Yes there were endless, tall rows of books. The amount of communication between us was beyond belief.

If you've seen The Matrix, in that scene where Neo learns Kungfu, you would begin to have an idea of what it was like. Now multiple that by 900x. In front of me it looked like there was a 3x3 grid of large holographic screens which were floating in mid-air (but also INTO my mind). They were showing me amazing things recorded in writings and equations, but the information was changing as quickly as I was capable of perceiving it. I'm a speed reader, but the communication that was taking place was something far beyond speed reading. I could fully comprehend everything they showed me.

They really got across to me the great depth of universal knowledge that is our birthright if we don't screw everything up and kill each other off. It's not as simple and boring as a catalog of every beings life experiences, like Wikipedia says. After a few minutes of this non-stop communication, it began to overwhelm me quite literally. It was so beautiful and I didn't want to leave. I was scared that I might not return if I didn't leave, so I forced myself back to consciousness. I wasn't sure I would be able to return actually. I hope I get to visit them again one day.

After I got up my head literally felt like it was 5x bigger than normal. I could still see everything clearly in my mind. I walked around a while before class and while much of the intensity faded, I think I retained the most important parts of the experience. There is a new age coming. The transition to it will be painful and many will die. What comes after will be a beautiful thing. Kind of like when a baby starts to crawl, then stand up a little, then take a few steps, and walk. Despite what we think of ourselves due to ego, we are just babes in the woods. We have so much more to experience...

This all happened back in 2001 around the time of 9/11. Trying to raise your level of consciousness is a critically important thing considering how out of control the military industrial complex has become. I encourage everybody to try... Right now there are energy, food, water, and other problems the world is facing and it's my belief that we won't be allowed to gain widespread knowledge of the long term solutions to these problem until we evolve further spiritually.

January 20, 2009, 09:14:22 PM
Reply #13

DaSerious

• Settling In

• View Profile
Cant wait to try these methods out

June 02, 2009, 12:02:32 AM
Reply #14

mercadies

• Settling In

• View Profile
Some times you have to go with the flow,