Author Topic: 13 Crystal Skulls  (Read 7392 times)

August 15, 2005, 08:00:19 PM
Reply #15

SleepWalker

• Posts By Osmosis

• Pool Boy

• Personal Text
    Pinkus Elephantus
    • View Profile
Ok I watched the SG-1 episode, they made a seemingly rose quartz skull act as a gateway to another plane where a giant being which would probably be an inorganic entity was visible to them in.
They were in the same place they were, but they were invisible and etheric to people on the normal plane.

Also in the episode they talk about the skull being used as a teleporting device to the other skull, as the skull on the distant planet was identical to one on earth in a mayan temple.
The discover was able to teleport with the skull while it was in the temple, but when there was and earthquake the temple was destroyed.
The same way the discoverer was transported could not be replicated so noone would believe his claims.

This is a fictional show based on egyptian and ancient cultures mind you.
But what really is fiction these days.
How can you explain freedom, never having experienced it.
From the moment we ar born we conform to the physical world. In narrow awareness of all that there is to percieve.
Try Tachyon[/URL

August 17, 2005, 11:51:30 AM
Reply #16

SKULLSfoundME

• View Profile
man i was introduced to teh skulls about a year ago and everything that i have questioned in lifehas basicly been answered   we donthave much time   all 13 are gonna be here @2012...      so we need to pass the knowledge about them as much as we can   even if they call you crazy and all that stuff just  make them aware  when the time comes.. they won't think you're crazy amymore

August 17, 2005, 03:06:42 PM
Reply #17

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile

Okay then, you have fun with that.

Anyway... there are way more than thirteen crystal skulls. I think the thirteen simply represents the most notable and most finely made of them. One woman has over nine skulls I think... I can't recall the exact number. No one has ever had more than three or four of the skulls together at a time. The Mitchell-Hedges skull and two others were under study by the same company at one point but kept separated. But regardless, I find them very intriguing.
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

August 17, 2005, 11:26:30 PM
Reply #18

Eagleon

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Aspiring Crazy Hermit
    • View Profile
    • http://6060631.tripod.com/base.html
Okay, time for a few Geologist's son style remarks on the mendhak.com article's facts. :D

First of all, the size of the crystal is not impossible in any way, and is most especially not contradictory to the 'laws of physics'. It's spectacular that a crystal of that clarity and size grew naturally (if it did), but not at all impossible. Here's a 25 lb one for proof. http://shop.store.yahoo.com/geodes/larquarcrys.html For those too lazy to convert, 5.13 kg is around 11 lbs.

Second, quartz is very tough; due to its crystal structure (which, by the way, is triclinic, meaning three axes and not one), hardness, fracturing habits, and indiscernible cleavage, to 'shatter' a quartz crystal of this size requires more force than a carver of this skill would ever use. If you hit a large quartz crystal with a hammer, it will most likely bounce with a small amount of damage to the crystal. Trust me, I've tried.

Third, you cannot date quartz, except in special cases, and this only when the location the specimen was found in is known. Quartz is silica (formula SiO2), carbon dating relies on exactly that - carbon. Unless they used some crazy convoluted logic or technique I'm unaware of, the date of its make is pure conjecture, relying entirely on the honesty of its owner. I can't think of anything they -could- use to prove that it wasn't from the locations where such a crystal might reasonably be found.

Finally, the idea that a diamond or diamond grit would shatter a quartz crystal of any size is laughable, a laser even more so. There are many modern techniques which could be used to reproduce this artifact. I don't know about in 1943, but just the fact that so many of the statements in here seem to be twisted or completely made up makes me question its authenticity.

I have found some sites which say that the surface -does- have marks, regular ones like that of a buffing wheel, but it's very frustrating sorting through the chaff to find the original source of this claim, and I can't even find them back again since I closed out the window which had it (Maybe someone can help out here?). Regardless, the wording is foggy. I can't explain the supposed optical effects of the piece, but I find it hard to take this seriously. :cow:

"I'm not touching you."

Official High-Featherhead of Asciovis Philosophy
Numquam perdito.

August 19, 2005, 10:07:48 AM
Reply #19

SleepWalker

• Posts By Osmosis

• Pool Boy

• Personal Text
    Pinkus Elephantus
    • View Profile
man i was introduced to teh skulls about a year ago and everything that i have questioned in lifehas basicly been answered   we donthave much time   all 13 are gonna be here @2012...      so we need to pass the knowledge about them as much as we can   even if they call you crazy and all that stuff just  make them aware  when the time comes.. they won't think you're crazy amymore
What?
You joking or what, anyone supposed to actually know what your infering?
From the moment we ar born we conform to the physical world. In narrow awareness of all that there is to percieve.
Try Tachyon[/URL

August 20, 2005, 07:16:22 AM
Reply #20

beehe

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Who ceast to exsist
    • View Profile
I think hes referring to either the demon war, the rapture or the end of the Mayan calender Something along thous lines.

But my question would be why is everyone facinated about skulls made of crystals? Surly you have seen the world differently as others do. But what is it about human body parts that facinates us? That is my question...
~who cares who anyone is long as someone cares about them~egotism at its strongest point

August 20, 2005, 02:44:56 PM
Reply #21

Pepperluu

• View Profile

Finally, the idea that a diamond or diamond grit would shatter a quartz crystal of any size is laughable, a laser even more so. There are many modern techniques which could be used to reproduce this artifact. I don't know about in 1943, but just the fact that so many of the statements in here seem to be twisted or completely made up makes me question its authenticity.

I have found some sites which say that the surface -does- have marks, regular ones like that of a buffing wheel, but it's very frustrating sorting through the chaff to find the original source of this claim, and I can't even find them back again since I closed out the window which had it (Maybe someone can help out here?). Regardless, the wording is foggy. I can't explain the supposed optical effects of the piece, but I find it hard to take this seriously. :cow:

I may have found the site you are referring to: http://skepdic.com/crystalskull.html

But they are not talking about the Mitchell-Hedges skull when referring to the wheel marks. They are referring to other crystal skulls, obvious hoaxes/forgeries, that have been found more recently.

I think we have to take all of this stuff with a grain of salt. But I do find it intriguing that the Mitchell-Hedges skull seems to predate the technology it would take to make such a near perfect specimen. Do I know that the legends and myths surrounding the skulls are true? Of course not. Do I believe its possible? Of course I do! I'm still just naive enough to believe that almost anything is possible. Am I ready to form a religion around them? Get real!

Which brings me to SKULLSfoundME  ???:

I don't even know what to say, man.

*sighs and shakes her head*

A likely impossibility is always preferable to an unconvincing possibility.
-Aristotle

Take the attitude of a student: Never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.
-Og Mandino

August 22, 2005, 11:04:27 AM
Reply #22

SleepWalker

• Posts By Osmosis

• Pool Boy

• Personal Text
    Pinkus Elephantus
    • View Profile
Apparently it's about the being said to be god returning in 2012,
I suppose that this creator being is coming back to see what his colony of "rainbow warriors" has gotten up to.
The religion fits in with bible tales, on the day which the creator rests I would guess the creator went to another galaxy.
Those aliens with the large heads that on occasion crash somewhere tie in with it too.
It's not terribly important, but it does seem to support the work of veritas society.
Don't go jumping to any conclusions about what I believe, unless you want to.
Actually go right ahead, it's thoroughly unimportant. :elephant: :wink:
Try Tachyon[/URL

August 29, 2005, 01:32:30 AM
Reply #23

sargon

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Shhhhhhhhh  :p

>:D - demons from demon war
:teethy: - me

September 02, 2005, 09:05:35 AM
Reply #24

SleepWalker

• Posts By Osmosis

• Pool Boy

• Personal Text
    Pinkus Elephantus
    • View Profile
well good I'll be right behind you then
Try Tachyon[/URL