Author Topic: Fear, death and love  (Read 3703 times)

January 11, 2004, 04:24:05 PM
Read 3703 times

Void

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Fear, death and love:

What is it about death that makes people so uncertain? What causes them to worry – be afraid of it? Essentially, fear is worried about not being. Not being safe, not being alive, not being well and healthy – not being. But the strange thing is, in the emptiness of the mind, lies the heart of love, in which all good health and fearlessness are born. When love is pulsing through the body, the body is well and healthy – everything is nourished. But when we are fearful, image driven, worried, uncertain, we try to cling to things, which makes us nervous, ill of health, stressed. We create images to give ourselves security about things, we gather knowledge to our being so we can smother our fear with this and that piece of information. Or we lie to ourselves, running away from it, denying its existence by creating things called courage and bravery. But death – death is a funny thing. We, the human being, know absolutely nothing about it – yet we are afraid of it – but know nothing of it. How can a fear of death, a fear of the unknown even exist?

You fear going up in the plane because of the possibility that it may crash into a mountain, into the ocean. You fear going in an elevator to great heights, for fear the cable will break and you will plummet to your death. These are creations of the mind, images of the mind, ideas of the mind – they are future projections of the mind, imposing themselves on the reality of our being and the now. If we know nothing about what lies ahead of us, what is there to be afraid of? You essentially, scare yourself into thinking something will happen, without it actually happening. You defeat yourself before you have even walked forward – or better yet – you have closed the door before you have even opened it. Death is the unknown, the next moment after this moment is the unknown, life is a constant process of the unknown unfolding itself before you. Is our mind scared of living? Scared of walking into the unknown? For fear of certain possibilities coming to fruition? Apparently it is – but to understand that the fear of something that may or may not happen is meaningless, that it is nothing more than a concept, an image, it is not a reality, then what happens?

If you listen carefully to fear when it is being within you, when you listen to it without tearing it to pieces with analysis, but listening to it as it is born – without saying a word about it, but listening to what erupts in the mind, in the body – listening to it as it happens – what do you noticed? What is revealed to you? You are afraid of something that hasn’t even happened – you are scared of even living – you are scared of walking forward – you are scared of the next moment. These images are born aren’t they? I'm frightened I will die, im frightened I will be hurt – fear projects all these images in the mind. The body follows by creating the uncertainty within, by creating the feeling of doubt, hesitancy, resistance to walking forward – so long as these images, these feelings are not listened to, they will exist. So to listen to them is essential, not to try and change them, but to simply listen to them as they are born and to see through listening what it is they are doing to our being.

There is no fear in love. Love destroys all elements that would destroy the being. So strangely, to discover love, is to discover the end to fear, to desire, to the causes of disturbance and suffering within our being – we essentially cease to suffer when love is being. Thus each step in life is a joy and not a step of fear, a step of doubt, a step of desire or seeking, it is simply a timeless step into the moment. There is no reflection in love, it is just love as is. But with fear, there is reflection – reflection of the process of time – the me entering into the situation, the situation unfolding, and the result or image projected by the mind. See – the process of time. But when love is – there is no such process, there is union with the moment, in which we walk – without doubt, without fear, without trouble. Death isn’t something to fear, because we know nothing about it – except that it happens to all living things on earth. We have no idea of what becomes of us after we have lived, we discover this when we get to that place, if at all any place.

We just don't know what is in store for us concerning death, just like in living, we have no idea what is going to come across our path – thus – how is it possible to be scared of something we know nothing about? Fear is a meaningless concept, an image projected by the mind, to limit the reality of our being – to limit living – to limit truth and love. It is just a thing of the mind and with all things of the mind – they are nothing more than concepts, they are not realities, thus false representations of things thing we are living. To say again – the description is not the described – the situation is not the thought. Have you ever noticed how the mind tries to plan and know every move it makes? This is obviously stemming from an insecurity it holds within itself – it tries to lead every motion we live – you think, it is as they say. Every time the mind projects itself, into the next course of action, which is the imitation we live by each day, every time it gives the order of the next action, it is providing security to itself of what is going to happen next – which is the fearful habit it has produced, to allow itself to feel secure about the unknown in life. But strangely, beyond all this, lies something else which can only be seen when the mind itself is seen for what it is, and it has faded to all but its own reality. Meaning – seeing the truth of itself. Life is an unfolding process, that cannot be known until it is lived.

Therefore – the mind and all its projections – its knowledge – seem rather meaningless when trying to know life – but in terms of living it, somehow, the thoughts of how to do certain things come into play. To meet life requires fresh relationship – not the old – the old tries to know the new, but the new cannot be seen until the old realises it cannot see the new. New is something different to the old, thus concerning discovery, learning, truth, you cannot know it through the old, the concept, the thought – it can only be walked into, lived, experienced – thus it becomes living, experiencing, truthfulness – you see?

Be well.

January 12, 2004, 05:43:37 PM
Reply #1

Neti Neti

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nightrundesigns.com/jp/linx/modules/tutorials/viewtutorial.php?tid=25
They are all unknown. No one knows where love will lead them; its a form of death. No one knows what death is, or what happens. So, it becomes a FEAR. A fear of what? Of not knowing. The mind needs to know. If now, it is fearful, uncertained. Its the mind that dies, nothing else. Since it is it which fears, it is it which dies, and it is it which despises love.

Awarness of your ignorance is what is needed. Truth is, the mind can never know these things. Plain and simple. It can never know what is beyond its hold. What is needed, is a step out of mind.
People only see what they are prepared to see.

Give all to love; obey thy heart.

Insist on yourself; never imitate... Every great man is unique.

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.

Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon-balls and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today.[/I]
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Place Of Heart Board

January 12, 2004, 06:46:31 PM
Reply #2

Void

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Yes - the lesson of awareness within. A fundamental requirement for life. Is seeing yourself clearly.

January 13, 2004, 02:15:54 PM
Reply #3

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Original Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheKarenExpress
"There is no fear in love. Love destroys all elements that would destroy the being. So strangely, to discover love, is to discover the end to fear, to desire, to the causes of disturbance and suffering within our being we essentially cease to suffer when love is being."

This is where I  agree. ^^^

And I happen to think all choices are based in fear or faith.  Faith is a sister of love hehe    Could faith in the end (at the root of faith with no face of God)mean that we know all universal changes are based in love and have faith in that love?  So faith in what has an answer and it don't have a reliegious name attached  hahaha

VeritasMommy: like Selma said in Dogma..It does not matter in what you have faith, just that you have it
VeritasMommy: and I have found the root of my faith

Love dissolves all else that means harm in my book.  The spirit within someone wouldn't let them attack love in its pure form.  It would be a spiritual law violation. Love as a shield?  Do you think that is a possibility?  Why Not?
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

January 13, 2004, 04:54:24 PM
Reply #4

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Love is a very powerful sheild. People in love dont tend to see fear but stare it in the face. People inlove tend to be more open and honest tword others. Love keeps most negativity at bay. But it is sad when someone you love  disrespects what you and shits on you. Love hurts to love someone, that is onething love cant sheild from.
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended

January 13, 2004, 05:56:54 PM
Reply #5

Neti Neti

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nightrundesigns.com/jp/linx/modules/tutorials/viewtutorial.php?tid=25
Why does it hurt? Investigate this.

Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon-balls and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today.[/I]
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Place Of Heart Board

January 13, 2004, 06:33:19 PM
Reply #6

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
good statement. why does it hurt? To find out that a love one doesnt repect you, treats what you say like it was shit, goes against moral and ethics people should live by. Well what do you think will happen to you. Of course some people are so fuckin self absorbed they have no feelings unless it effects them and them only. It just hurts to be shit on in your own house and to have to live with that person. Love and hate goes hand in hand and it hurts. Isnt it great.
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended

January 13, 2004, 08:22:07 PM
Reply #7

Neti Neti

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
Again, it is a mind thing. Love is NOT hates duality, please try to see this. Hate needs love to exist, everything does. Everything is simply made up, and exists in Love. You have pain, hurt, anguish, because something inside of you is grabbing, holding, and supressing. This is not of Love at all, but of the mind. What is the mind? It is the "I", the "ego", the "him, she, it", and "thought". Diffrent names for the same thing.

You hate the ones you love, because you love them, but yet to see the same love within yourself. You think that they are your source of love (which they are), but they are also so much more. You are also so much more. Until you find that love which exists within your own brest, will you never love another to the same extent. And running away from this will not solve a thing.

The pain you feel is simply the pain of posession; thinking that you own another, because another "gives" you love. You want this love, and without it you feel as if it will make you NOTHING. This is the fear, the fear of nothing. You feel that this love; or better yet, love itself is dependent on the other. It is not. Love exists evrywhere and in everything. It is everything. But, until you see the VERY LOVE WITHIN YOU,the endless foutain that exists within your own being,  you will never be able to truely share it, live it, and embrace within it.

People who love you give you things. You give people you love things. Moreso however, you give them your being. The very act of giving; in its truest form is whole-hearted giving. Giving without expecting anything back. And if you do recieve something back, then you are grateful, but you do not hold on to it. If you dont recieve, just the giving is all that was needed. But, you become posessive of them, possesive of Love, so do they you. Love is not a posession. It cannot be posessed. And until you see this, you will always have pain with love. The pain comes from the posession. Trying to posess love. What's the point in this?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Place Of Heart Board

January 14, 2004, 12:33:20 AM
Reply #8

Shinn

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    MIA
    • View Profile
Sometimes we are afraid of dying for the sole reason of losing people we love.

January 14, 2004, 01:51:13 AM
Reply #9

Void

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
I wrote something here originally, but i was wondering if what i was saying was doing more harm than good. It is said that a wise man says very little, says nothing sometimes - because he is apparently unified with truth, and that anything he says, is a digression from this truth and thus he himself becomes false. If the man of truth says nothing, then he is not motivated by the desire to help people, the desire to enlighten people about a certain fact, a desire to share with people his findings - im wondering now is this not selfishness? To understand something, even though you live with truth, even though you have seen certain things, if you do see - is it not a crime against them, humanity, to withhold information from them? To see them living an illusion, and to say nothing about it, is this not cruelty?

Ive posted the description here in an attachment, not in plain sight for people. Those of you wishing to see it, can look, but this way, it will not find its way into the heart of those that do not wish to hear it. I would ask you to listen to your feelings here, what are they saying to you as you read these words and are left with a decision to read or not read - what is going on inside of you? Anxiety, anticipation, desire even - what is going on?

"The truth is beyond the mind."

Be well.

January 14, 2004, 03:34:45 AM
Reply #10

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: Shinn
Sometimes we are afraid of dying for the sole reason of losing people we love.

perhaps, however I always thought that many were afraid of death because it cannot be explained. It is a get there and find out situation

January 14, 2004, 04:15:02 PM
Reply #11

Neti Neti

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
"I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it."
-Kyle Schmidt

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
-Mother Theresa

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Place Of Heart Board

January 14, 2004, 04:49:06 PM
Reply #12

Kiirar

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Most of the time I think life and death are the same experience, love and hate are the same emotion, intertwined.  Which, I think, is why people fear them.  They are one thing, I do not see the dividing line.
"If I am going to be drowned--if I am going to be drowned--if I am going to be drowned, why, in the name of the seven mad gods who rule the sea, was I allowed to come thus far and contemplate sand and trees?"

~from, The Open Boat by Stephen Crane

Member of the infamous K-Trio