Home
Forums
Chat
Help
Search
Retro
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2014, 08:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:

Advanced search
216124 Posts in 15391 Topics by 19886 Members - Latest Member: - Sophocles95 Most online today: 108 - most online ever: 430 (June 28, 2007, 02:58:51 PM)
+  The Veritas Society
|-+  Academic Areas
| |-+  Articles
| | |-+  Psi and Mental Abilities
| | | |-+  Introduction to Kinetics
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Introduction to Kinetics  (Read 32823 times)
kobok
Veritas Council
Tech Team
Posts By Osmosis

Veritas Council

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2005, 02:40:36 PM »

Introduction to Kinetics

The following article assumes that you have read and understood the Focal Meditation article, and that you have successfully practiced Focal Meditation and achieved deep meditative states.

Kinetics

Kinetics is the category of psi abilities that involve making a change to the physical world.  This includes "direct" changes, such as making an object move, and it includes "indirect" effects, such as healing someone, where the effect is brought about without specifying the direct mechanism.

"Kinesis" is the word used to describe the actual causing of such an effect, and to "kinet" something is to perform kinesis on it.

There have been many words that have been created to try to describe kinesis.  One such set is "macro-psychokinesis", the causing of a direct change, and "micro-psychokinesis", the causing of an indirect change.  Another, more unbounded set, attempts to categorize kinetics by the target upon which kinesis is being formed.  This set includes terms such as "biokinesis", for performing kinesis upon living organisms, and "pyrokinesis", for performing kinesis upon fire.  However, each of these sets of classifications is completely unnecessary.  The choice of target for kinesis has no effect on how it is actually kineted.

The classification of kinesis by direct change and indirect change at a fundamental level to how kinesis is performed is also somewhat unnecessary, as at a fundamental level, all kinesis is performed in the same manner.  But it can be conceptually easier to learn and talk about kinesis in terms of direct and indirect kinesis.

The role of the soul in kinetics

There are many who are uncomfortable with the idea of the soul playing a role in psi.  To these people, the soul is an unscientific idea, or an idea that is culturally associated with religious ideas that they would rather avoid.  The ones concerned about the scientific implications of a soul often invoke physical descriptions of psi which are directly contradicted by the evidence and experience of psi.  (See "The True Nature of Psi" for more information.)  The ones concerned about its religious or spiritual associations often create more complicated terms to avoid naming it directly, such as "the nonphysical self" or "the expression of internal willpower".

But despite those concerns and regardless of renaming, the soul is the central part of the self which is the only part of ourselves capable of psi and which performs all psi.  The "soul" is the part of ourselves which performs psi, which separates from the body during out of body experiences, and which continues existing after the death of the physical body.  The phrase "will" in the sense of performing psi is essentially the expression of the soul's action.  The phrase "self-awareness" in the sense of psi refers to the awareness of the soul.

Kinetics can be performed and can occur without any awareness of the soul.  It can even occur without conscious awareness that anything is being performed.  But under these conditions, reliability and accuracy will typically be very low, and the ability to develop to more complicated tasks will be restricted.  So it is essential for progress in kinetics and in psi that an awareness of the soul be developed.

Focal meditation is a valuable component of psi because the soul is the part of you which is left when there is no awareness of thought.  The soul is the "you beneath the brain".  The true awareness of the soul and understanding of the soul is best obtained by experiencing it, and this is best obtained through meditation and practice of psi.  Practicing deep focal meditation will open the door which will allow you more direct contact with your soul.  Then practicing kinesis by expression of the soul will allow you to gain an experiential awareness and understanding of where and what the soul really is.

Performing kinesis

The procedure for performing controlled kinesis is essentially the same for any desired kinetic result.

The first step should always be to perform focal meditation, as this puts you in the appropriate mental state to exert focused control.  When you are in a state of deep meditation, shift your awareness to your soul.

Intend for your soul to relocate to the object you will kinet, such that your self-awareness is centered in this target object.  When you expect your soul to relocate to the target according to your intent, then it will do so.

Next you should formulate the intent that you will kinet by forming your soul into the form of the desired result.  Then finally, you energize and actualize the result by deeply and completely expecting it to occur at that very instant.

Every kinetic act is a reflection of the soul.  It is an expression of the inner self being reflected upon the outside world.  When you want something to occur, you must reach within yourself and change the nature of reality inside yourself, so that it in turn reflects upon reality.  The act of deep and complete expectation which actualizes kinesis is performed by reaching within and changing your inner expectations so that they represent an expectation that the object's natural behavior will be to fulfill the result of your intent.

Learning how to make these internal changes to your inner expectation is not at all an easy task, and to do it effectively and consistently it requires you to develop deep awareness and deep self-control, which can by developed with focal meditation and practice of kinesis.  This level of awareness and self-control will reflect on many areas of your life, and it will also empower you with the ability to kinet with reasonable reliability and consistency.  To begin on the path to developing this awareness and self-control, you can practice quite effectively by learning how to use kinesis to tilt a candle flame.

Controlling the flame

Learning to control a candle flame is a convenient and insightful exercise for learning the principles of kinetics.  The candle flame can provide you with direct and immediate feedback to show you when you are successfully accessing and utilizing your soul to control the flame.

Begin as you did before by clearing your mind with focal meditation on a candle flame.  Meditate on the candle flame until you have reached a state of deep meditation where you can begin to become aware of your soul.  When you are focused on that part of you which is present in deep meditation, reach out to the candle flame with your soul such that you feel your center of perception and awareness being at the same location as the flame.  Practice just this portion of the exercise until you are comfortable with it.

Next visualize the candle flame stabilizing in a vertical position with no flickering, and expect it to take and maintain this form.  Feel your soul at the location of the candle flame, forming the flame shape that you are visualizing, and expect the flame to take this shape as you are forming it.  This act of "expectation" is critical.  You must fully believe and expect it will work at the precise moment that you are trying to make it work.  Keep the flame vertical and stable in this manner for a while.

After you have succeeded in stabilizing the flame, you should visualize the candle flame tilting to the left.  Form the shape with your soul, and expect it to work at that very moment just as you did before.  Do not push the flame, but instead form the shape and realize deep down with full expectation that the candle flame is already forming the shape.  It can be helpful to reach within yourself and change your inner expectation so that the new flame shape is the "natural" shape for the candle flame to take, while staying relaxed and confident that it has already happened.

After a while make the candle flame tilt to the right in the same manner.  At first simply tilt the flame a little in each direction, then as your confidence grows tilt it farther and farther to the side you have chosen.  When you first attempt to tilt the flame it may flicker a bit, and you should then attempt to stabilize it to a smooth controlled stable flame tilting to the chosen side.  Continue practicing this until you are able to tilt the flame far to either chosen side and keep it stable in that location.

It may take some time to fully control this, because it can be difficult to reach within yourself, gain awareness of your soul, direct your soul by controlling your inner expectations, and reflect this upon reality.  But if you practice with deep focus and gradual steps, you will master this, and it will open up a window of awareness to the rest of psi.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 03:11:02 PM by kobok » Logged

Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.
Kurishian
A Veritas Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 07:15:52 PM »

I think this was a very nice article, though I don't have too much experience in Psi to critique it. I would like to know what your experiences with manipulating the candle flam were. It seems difficult to me to keep it from flickering and move it smoothly to one side and the other. Though perhaps that is my inexperience talking.
Lovely article, I enjoyed it
~Kurishian

One can find happiness even in suffering
Phlexmo101
Greenhorn

Greenhorn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 08:49:38 PM »

Very Helpful article,Focal Meditation is the key....
Sai Astar
Settling In

Laugh, cry, and smell the roses ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 08:57:01 PM »

Im not sure if this has any critical meaning whatsoever, but when I focus on flames, specifically candle, it helps if the candle itself is colorful such as red or light blue and has a light scent to it. It doesn't seem to distract me from the flame itself but actually helps with the first stages of focal meditation. I would like to know if this is normal or if it has any noticeable effect that works less than a regular white candle with no scent. Also, does the color or origin of the flame matter, such as if it were made by lighter or match, or if you focus on the bluer part of the flame or the orange part?
Sai Astar
Settling In

Laugh, cry, and smell the roses ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 08:12:06 AM »

After my first three tries I was able to feel control over the flame and bend it to my will. Is this normal? Also, though I only spent about thiry seconds before it stood up straight as I attempted to make it, but it only flickered when I tried to bend it to the sides. Should the flame be steady when it's straight or flickering? Sorry lots of questions lol
Fou Lu
A Veritas Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 11:09:10 PM »

How do we "shift awareness to our soul"?  How do we know this is accomplished?
kobok
Veritas Council
Tech Team
Posts By Osmosis

Veritas Council

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 11:57:18 PM »

How do we "shift awareness to our soul"?  How do we know this is accomplished?

You shift awareness to it by noticing the part of yourself that fits the description given above.  You know that it is successful when you succeed in kineting the flame.  If you are not successfully kineting the flame, relax your mind more and find a deeper part of yourself that more closely fits the description.

When you do succeed in kineting the flame, pay close attention to the fundamental part of yourself which is performing this act.  If you do this enough times, you will understand from your own experiences precisely what your soul is, and this experience far outweighs any description that can be given.

Fou Lu
A Veritas Regular

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 09:24:15 AM »

I read it again and understand.  It wasn't clear at first.  Thanks.
sandyz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 08:10:15 AM »

Hello,

I have just read through this article and will be putting myself to the test soon. I will post back on my progress once every week.

Regards,
Sandyz
sandyz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 06:03:05 PM »

Whoa, its tougher than I thought! I am still practising though.
Redefine
A Familiar Feature

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 03:48:50 AM »

i'm having some problems with it
i've gained controll over the flame, but its about as reliable as windows me

the thing is that while meditating on the candle, i can achieve fairly deep meditative states and become aware of the soul...but as soon as i focus my intent on moving the flame, or moving the focus of my soul to the flame, the awareness of my soul dissappears, and i lose my meditation.
how do you keep it, while still concentrating on feedback and what you intend the flame to do?

On a concrete road to recovery
cause I'm knocking over every cone
in front of me.
kobok
Veritas Council
Tech Team
Posts By Osmosis

Veritas Council

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 06:47:28 PM »

the thing is that while meditating on the candle, i can achieve fairly deep meditative states and become aware of the soul...but as soon as i focus my intent on moving the flame, or moving the focus of my soul to the flame, the awareness of my soul dissappears, and i lose my meditation.
how do you keep it, while still concentrating on feedback and what you intend the flame to do?

Well, you don't want to be verbally thinking about what you're doing any more than absolutely necessary.  You need to keep the kinesis intent you are developing at the level of the soul, such that it is the soul which is focused on the intent.  An easy way to do this is to use the soul to form the intent, such as if you're trying to tilt to the right, you use the soul to form the shape of the flame tilted to the right.  Then focusing on the intent is naturally concurrent with maintaining awareness of the soul.

And, practice.  Since you have achieved some success, you're already in excellent shape.  Keep practicing so that it becomes more natural.  Smiley

Redefine
A Familiar Feature

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 07:46:56 PM »

ok, thanks for the help
i'll try that

On a concrete road to recovery
cause I'm knocking over every cone
in front of me.
Hero
Settling In

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »

A very strong conection between your soul and the candles*ahem* soul essence .
would have to be present right?

Plus the ability to overcome any subconcious distractions such as an uncontrolled dreamstate that goes wild on its own instead of being completely lucid. I imagine is the best advice...

I quess before applying ones will power outward i should strengthen it inward first.controlling am taming the inner flame first?

mastering meditation , visualization lucid dreaming would be wise.

when the inside is stronger then one should concentrate on  the connection outwardly to create a stronger bond with the inside of other souls to effect the physical outter world..

.In some way I guess flame kinesis is like forming a relationship that grows stronger after time.eventually the  flame can feel like an extention of your own body am I right?

sorry if I'm overly poetic..
Daray_Gavin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 01:32:02 PM »

I'm sorry but I don't understand how to achieve awareness of the soul
and can I use a psi wheel? because I may not have a candle on my room... Sad
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: