Author Topic: Heaven?  (Read 3405 times)

January 10, 2004, 05:57:21 AM
Read 3405 times

Axess

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
What are your views, of what "comes after" Death?

January 10, 2004, 11:42:07 AM
Reply #1

Sparky

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
I believe  that we have a choice, either we can go to Heaven and remain there happily for eternity or we can choose to be Reincarnated and live as many lifes as we want.

This proberly seems  quite far-fetched to most of you but, i think it's quite likely personally.
\"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.\" - Benjamin Franklin \"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.\" - Tom Clancy

January 10, 2004, 02:34:32 PM
Reply #2

Trillis

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
Define Heaven.

January 10, 2004, 03:40:59 PM
Reply #3

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
I echo in with trillis. define heaven, not from something you heard or something, but from your POV...I find that many people will theorize the afterlife, not from a heightened consciousness, but from hearsay. in matters such as this, it is better to get your own experience...

January 10, 2004, 03:55:00 PM
Reply #4

Kiirar

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Heaven is a pretty thought, but I think when you're dead, you're dead, and your spirit or your soul or whatever happy name you'd like to call it just goes back to the earth, or something.  I don't know.  Only one way to find out anyway.
"If I am going to be drowned--if I am going to be drowned--if I am going to be drowned, why, in the name of the seven mad gods who rule the sea, was I allowed to come thus far and contemplate sand and trees?"

~from, The Open Boat by Stephen Crane

Member of the infamous K-Trio

January 10, 2004, 03:57:28 PM
Reply #5

Alex

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
When you die you either are reincarnated(not immediately however), go to Hell(only if you commit horrendous acts though), or you go to Heaven(by working spiritually and becoming enlightened).

January 10, 2004, 04:18:19 PM
Reply #6

Neti Neti

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nightrundesigns.com/jp/linx/modules/tutorials/viewtutorial.php?tid=25
Actually, an enlightened person dreams of no heaven nor a hell. Heaven and Hell is created in the mind. Once one sees this, he can be in heaven or hell; depending on his will.

Its all a perception.
People only see what they are prepared to see.

Give all to love; obey thy heart.

Insist on yourself; never imitate... Every great man is unique.

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.

Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon-balls and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today.[/I]
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Place Of Heart Board

January 10, 2004, 04:30:46 PM
Reply #7

mystic

• Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile

Actually, an enlightened person dreams of no heaven nor a hell. Heaven and Hell is created in the mind. Once one sees this, he can be in heaven or hell; depending on his will.

Its all a perception.

I would tend to agree...perception does a lot in the living, and in 2-d. would it not be so much of an ambiguous statement to say perception affects how you look at the afterlife? however, I don't know...

Heaven is a pretty thought, but I think when you're dead, you're dead, and your spirit or your soul or whatever happy name you'd like to call it just goes back to the earth, or something. I don't know. Only one way to find out anyway.

I hope no one tries to find out literally...and even when you do, you can't tell anyone...nor type it out...unless you heighten your consciousness to the final plane of known metaphysical realm, but who says that is the last level? damn, now I am thinking, smooth move guys!!!

January 10, 2004, 06:14:30 PM
Reply #8

Trillis

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
Quote from: mystic

...unless you heighten your consciousness to the final plane of known metaphysical realm,

Actually that would be called the Superconcious.

January 10, 2004, 07:13:59 PM
Reply #9

Switcher

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
re
Hmm. I dont konw what happens after you die. I doubt many people do.

January 10, 2004, 08:19:23 PM
Reply #10

intox

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
i made generalizations and wrote my thoughts on death in my theory in the general discussion area... but who knows!...
As the tears of a snowdrop,
Traverse my dented scars.
Cleanse the illusions of lonliness,
Oh, wonderous white clusters.
Dissolve the fetters of blinding summer,
And plunge me back into
My "emotional winter".

-A poem of mine...

January 11, 2004, 03:31:38 AM
Reply #11

Void

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
We dont know until we get there do we? So why speculate about any of it? factually, it is the end of the heart beating in your chest here and now - what comes next is a mystery - like with most things, you know nothing of it until you experience it. So let us stop speculating and put to rest the concepts of what will happen - our mind knows nothing of the realm beyond earth - though it would think all sorts of fanciful things, in reality, it knows absolutely nothing about it - doesnt it?

Lets be sensible now people.

Be well.

January 12, 2004, 04:47:57 PM
Reply #12

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Quote from: Switcher
Hmm. I dont konw what happens after you die. I doubt many people do.

here , here, yes i would say that noone at all knows what happens when your body dies, pure theory and specualtion. Im talking about ones spirit not their body , it is obviious what happens to the body. but i say my spirti moves on to its next destination, whichever may that be noone knows. Not one dead person around to say differntly.
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended