Author Topic: Money  (Read 7557 times)

January 09, 2004, 10:44:33 PM
Reply #30

Void

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Perhaps it has nothing to do with us - the reason everything is like it is? Of course, people say its human ignorance, our lack of understanding, our lack of clear insight into things - but who is behind the insight? What leads some to their understandings? Why cannot it not do so for the whole? Why do some see and some do not? Perhaps there is something at work here, that even those that see, dont?

January 10, 2004, 03:56:27 PM
Reply #31

Kenners

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kenners.cjb.net
There is reason to actual life on a human scale that can be proven, so until then we work on extending our lives and learning what we can based on human restrictions in hope we one day may be able to find our answers as well as the questions we really want to ask.

Do you honestly think money corrupts men? I mean do you really think it's the sandwiches fault that I ate it. When someone gets raped is it their fault for being too attractive (Well in some countries it is but think about it for yourself) look back to before money and you can see that we still had all of our greed and wars. As long as we live in a material world, people will strive to acquire something, it's part of our basic human nature. We want to have something to show for our actions. Money is one of the best things to help prevent chaos and loss of human life, because a stable government relies on a stable economy. Sometimes problems arise with certain things, however these things also provide an opportunity to reflect on ourselves and bring about improvement without things being on a self destructive level. And besides money cannot be the root of all evil because it is a man made concept so to say that it is would be saying that evil did not always exist. This would mean that the things we consider evil, like wars fighting and greed, would have been before we created a money which is most certainly not true. Money brings some order and prevention to the chaos that is caused by because of our basic nature anyway.

As for other forces being at work, It seems almost certain that something is out there slowing pushing us in the right direction, like when you put your finger on you hand so that the bug your holding doesn't fall off but veers the other way. The chance that molecules coincidently arranged themselves into life is so remote it hardly seems possible. What is it like one in a million billion?(Funny number :) ) lots of coincidences but I think I'll put that into another topic. So if anyone else gets offtopic here I'll have to kill them.

(Just joking I"d never really kill you, probably just shove a pineapple up ur ass)
Hey!  I'm a golden god!  Back off!

January 10, 2004, 04:07:18 PM
Reply #32

Neti Neti

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nightrundesigns.com/jp/linx/modules/tutorials/viewtutorial.php?tid=25
Your right. If it wasn't money, it would be something else. Most people want money; not because it is money, but because of the "want". They know money will enable them to 'get' this or that. It is the greed that is the true murderer, not the money itself. It is just a manifestion of that greed.

It's just like if you went around killing people, or shoving pineapples up their ass. You would say "If all these damn people weren't here, then I wouldn't kill them. If they didnt tick me off so bad!!!" But, the people being there aren't the problem, its your own irriation that is. And people don't create it, its already there. You are just expressing it towards them.

It is the root of the plant that must be taking up. Killing the leaves and stems does very little. It will always grow back.

Namaste.
People only see what they are prepared to see.

Give all to love; obey thy heart.

Insist on yourself; never imitate... Every great man is unique.

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.

Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon-balls and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today.[/I]
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Place Of Heart Board

January 13, 2004, 12:00:11 AM
Reply #33

alliKryptik

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Person Who Posted It First
With everyone working on self sufficient farms with no police there would be many bands of people looking to lead an easier life of pillaging. A regression to pre Greek civilization would come about and humankind would be battling for mere survival until we hit a point where we are no longer able to keep on fighting and hit extinction once and for all in a pitiful little snuff out......

You sure that we would be able to kill ourselves?  I'm sure there'd probably be somebody out there on another continent that you couldn't easily get to that will be alive and having the same problem of not being able to kill the others...  Sure... there'd be bands of people... Tribes...  I want more people dead, even if it means me dead...  I'm sure with a whole lot of the people gone we could be happier.  Copulation is just part of us, we do it to spread man kind.  We just need another place to do it.  We're killing this planet, ourselves, and many other animals on the planet just so we can survive...  Maybe when we run out of other animals to kill for food and run out of fertile soil... maybe then we'll realize how many stupid mistakes we made as a species.  Then eventually die out... leaving everything on land to die.

In other news...

Has anybody heard of the "Rainbow People"?  Their a large group of people, living on their own.  They live with as little money as possible.  They trade this for that, and do this so they can get that...  They work for what they want to get, and they do their best.  It's the whole money thing at a much lesser scale.  We are still using the barter system, only most don't realize it.  We do this so we can get money.  We trade money for that, so we can claim that we own it.  "That" makes me happy, so I'll work and get "this" to trade for "that".
"Everything happens exactly the same in a different way every time you open your eyes." ~ Quote by me

Unmistaken death, 'cause there's no breath
Can't find a pulse, shoulda worn a vest
Two holes blown in ya chest, an' one through ya head
Shoulda fled, now ya dead, no need to pretend

January 13, 2004, 01:15:37 PM
Reply #34

Kenners

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kenners.cjb.net
"I want more people dead".......That's nice, further your dream, kill yourself!!!!!!!!!!! (You know the sad thing is I can get pegged for assisted suicide for that here, ain't it a bitch.)

As for that question can we kill ourselves, who's ourselves; like kill each other or kill ourselves, because people do both all the time.

Besides sex may be a part of us but now they have a super new birth control patch that you can wear anywhere.

And hell man stop being so pessimistic, I mean look at it this way, mankind has survived for a million+ years and supported countless lives, I mean that's pretty fuckn' good, we can't go on forever, things just never seem to pan out like that. I already said we were pretty fucked either way but the thing I don't want is some dumbass snuff out with some dinky ass little village dying out as the result of some boring famine, I SOOOOOO wanna bring the moon down on us! (I had posted some approximate math for our plan to do it on the old site)

http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/b/b0092300.html
[/color]Wow don't we just fuckn' love the dictionary, so useful....
Well I guess we don't use the barter system and no I've never heard of the rainbow people other than in relation to gays....

Also, dude ya'll got to make your statements easy to understand for those of us without schizophrenia, and learn which their to use. It's they're, come on people; that made me think and stuff. At first I had no idea what you meant there.
Hey!  I'm a golden god!  Back off!