Author Topic: Money  (Read 7560 times)

January 05, 2004, 12:42:32 PM
Reply #15

LightLink

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
and how do you suppose one would get this happiness?

January 05, 2004, 06:22:56 PM
Reply #16

Void

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
When the imagery of self and all that is false, that which denies the root within us, that actual energy, then all of a sudden, the suffering, the fear, the desires that are caused by the imagery of self, that which deny the actual, when all that dies, psychologically, then all of a sudden we are left with something entirely different - a sense of joy, the sense of love, the sense of peace, it is all there - right before us, right within us, right around us - but we do not see it, because our imagery blocks it out. Our imagery of self is that which denies the actual truth within us. To realise this, is to end the illusionary self, the imagery self and the actual energy comes into being. Happiness, joy, love, peace are all immediate, it is just that our imagery, our thoughts think that it takes time to have these, to be with these.

Our imagery creates an illusion by which we live - to see through the imagery is to realise the root and thus be with these things called peace, love and so on. The beauty of a lake is seen when our imagery dies and the space is left to see it. The company of another is enjoyed, when the imagery of ourself disappears and we relate with space. When the imagery dies, life is great. But when imagery is - we have fear, we have desire, we have hatred, we have ambition, we have the pursuit of pleasure, we have suffering - do you see? The images deny the actual, the actual being that which is good and true, so dissolve your self imagery, die psychologically and reveal what is truly there. Happiness doesnt last so long as we have self imagery and a self being so to speak. Happiness and joy last when we die within ourselves, when there is nothing there to cause conflict, no imagery to cause trouble with. This is not some vague concept - it is a fact. When you die within yourself, when you vanish, suddenly there is happiness, peace, love, it is all there - it is just obscured by the years of imagery, memory, education and so on we have recieved.

Be well.

January 05, 2004, 07:53:32 PM
Reply #17

LightLink

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
ahuh.... I didnt get a word of that...

January 05, 2004, 08:00:54 PM
Reply #18

Neti Neti

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nightrundesigns.com/jp/linx/modules/tutorials/viewtutorial.php?tid=25
lol. Hes saying to realize that you are, bluntly.
People only see what they are prepared to see.

Give all to love; obey thy heart.

Insist on yourself; never imitate... Every great man is unique.

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.

Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon-balls and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today.[/I]
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Place Of Heart Board

January 09, 2004, 03:05:07 PM
Reply #19

Kenners

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kenners.cjb.net
....even in a communist society you have money, it only represents something, you could switch it to food if you care so damn much but it is still currency. If we switched to bartering efficiency would seriously suffer. Also if we were all made self sufficient then we could no longer specialize causing our efficiency to drop lower than imaginable. This would cause society to no longer be able TO provide everyone with those cars and houses that while seeming to be unnecessary also run our economy. Also, If we stop production of seemingly unnecessary items most of us would all have nothing to do. That brings up the argument about who does actual work and who doesn't because we would be counterproductive if we were all to work very short shifts. The super distinct separation of people would also bring about the rise of single minded factions which as both Jefferson and Madison said, would surly lead to a unimaginably large civil war unlike any other ever witnessed.

Also those not doing work would have nothing to do with their spare time now that we no longer have those unnecessary items that money bases itself on. In our society now, with mankind becoming quickly bored when there is no point to our existence we turn to reinforcing our infrastructure with our medicines and transportation bringing about a extremely complex and SUPEREFFICENT economy that seems a work of genius. However as you can plainly see looking at the world today certain aspects of this get out of proportion and people looking to prosper in this system unbalance production of certain things to fit consumer wants instead of needs. However it also remains near impossible to reset this economy, the ultraliberal action like that would never be accepted by ANYONE because we cannot except change on a level that large. Also without money people would die due to lack of transportation of basic needs, and no one would be able to get the things they need and want easily because production would suffer reduction in the thousands of percent. This would cause the downfall of government with there no longer any way to efficiently tax a maintain a police force. With everyone working on self sufficient farms with no police there would be many bands of people looking to lead an easier life of pillaging. A regression to pre Greek civilization would come about and humankind would be battling for mere survival until we hit a point where we are no longer able to keep on fighting and hit extinction once and for all in a pitiful little snuff out......Personally I'd rather have the moon drop on us because of too much mining or something. Anyways you guys stop whining. Imperfection is fun leads to cracks in the system and a chance to improv the rules.

P.S. You HATE chocolate ice cream?!?!?!?!?!
Hey!  I'm a golden god!  Back off!

January 09, 2004, 06:10:32 PM
Reply #20

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Money will not buy you what a person needs in real life, and that is to be card for, loved and needed by others. Money can never buy that. Money is what makes wars, hate, etc. Money based life styles make for a unhealthy life style, mentally that is. Most people that live in a high income bracket, tend to be people who think that they are better than others. When it is themselves that are failures in life. their money just blinds them to their on inadaquasies. I say go back to the days of bartering, Its a person skills that keep them alive, Money wont buy you food in the woods, but your skills will keep you alive. Most people who have alot of money are  penniless in life skills
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended

January 09, 2004, 06:35:05 PM
Reply #21

MaceMan

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    o rly?
    • View Profile
    • http://maceman.info
Money Makes The World Go Round.

Humans by instinct want replacement for their deeds, and after mankind advanced from trading, the currency systems were put in place.

January 09, 2004, 07:32:26 PM
Reply #22

Kenners

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kenners.cjb.net
Not all wars and hate are unfounded, they in fact bring about competition whichs leads to incresed productivity.  Also Income does not have any great influence on weather a person thinks they are better than others.  It can be argued that upper class people may think they are better than other people but that is a lifestyle and does not have much to do with money, more the way you were brought up.
Hey!  I'm a golden god!  Back off!

January 09, 2004, 07:47:46 PM
Reply #23

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Money breeds difference, Most of you guys are young in life and just havent had the years to see way life is like in many ways. Would be nice to be young and lacking in years of life again.
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended

January 09, 2004, 09:04:03 PM
Reply #24

Neti Neti

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nightrundesigns.com/jp/linx/modules/tutorials/viewtutorial.php?tid=25
It is said youth is wasted on the young; but I am young and I waste not my youth. :-D

Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon-balls and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today.[/I]
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Place Of Heart Board

January 09, 2004, 10:22:08 PM
Reply #25

Switcher

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
re
In my opinion, its safe to say that money is the root of all evil. Why? Money brings power. Power corrupts. Money brings about a greed which will compel people to do things they would never do under normal circumstances. Personally i feel the world would be a better place without money, however, a world without money would bring every economic system in existance to a grinding halt.  :elephant: . I need a drink.  :cow:

January 09, 2004, 10:28:24 PM
Reply #26

Neti Neti

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
If it is the root of all evil, then at the same time it is the root of all good. Evil and Good are of the same root. Investigate it for yourself.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Place Of Heart Board

January 09, 2004, 10:31:09 PM
Reply #27

Switcher

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
re
I suppose i could have put that better. I myself feel that there is no good, and no evil. There not necesarily the same, their simply non existant. I dont even consider them to be a factor. Think of good and evil as a choice. Most people view a decision as being good or evil, based on the intent, the process, and the outcome. I however just view any decision based on how it affects me and my surroundings. Whether its good or evil, right or wrong doesnt really come into the equation.

January 09, 2004, 10:31:30 PM
Reply #28

Void

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
You mean the system of business would stop and then we could actually see what it does to things? You mean we would stop extorting one another for the sake of profit, you mean we could actually all pay attention to what the business world is doing? Consume this, consume that, extort that person and that person - if we all stopped what we where doing and looked at everything and what it is actually doing, i wonder if the world may be a little more different than what it is today?

January 09, 2004, 10:37:31 PM
Reply #29

Neti Neti

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
If everyone in the world was aware of that they were doing, then most people would commit sucide on the spot. The mind carries so much; and we push it all aside insted of dealing with what is there. This is a main cause in premature ageing, diesese, etc....

I honestly know that we have the capiblities to live in world harmony NOW. We always have. Why aren't we? Ignorance of our ignorance. We love the posion so much, but yet it is killing us at the same time. Maybe we like the pain?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Place Of Heart Board