Author Topic: The Acquisition of Knowledge - Limited?  (Read 1870 times)

December 30, 2003, 09:35:47 AM
Read 1870 times

F8te

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
Something I found that relates to the said subject:

"The desire to have knowledge distilled in a format suitable for the mind is an artifact of the human mind to not only acquire knowledge, but to transmit it, hence the desire to compile knowledge into text. The problem with this approach is that the activation is exclusively aimed at the mind and not the other elements of the individuated consciousness. A consequence of this approach is that a desire of the mind to learn is satisfied, but the other areas of the individuated consciousness atrophy from lack of nurturing."

"It is a natural outgrowth of religious dependence that individuals have come to accept that the volume or quantity of words denotes a comprehensive, and therefore, legitimate belief system. However, a single word, phrase, sound, image, or combination thereof can trigger profound shifts in the consciousness of the individual."

December 31, 2003, 10:03:00 AM
Reply #1

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Original Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheKarenExpress
HOw can one argue anything in those statements?
F8te the order in which that was said actually unfolds much like a flower.
A flower of knowledge
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

January 01, 2004, 02:24:31 PM
Reply #2

neijia

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
very interesting indeed.  thank you for sharing these.  i am wondering, what are the other parts of the individual are you talking about.  i do agree that there is more than just the mind, but i am wondering what the first quote is referrting to.
"If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal...you become something else, entirely."
-Batman Begins trailer

All Hail Huang.
http://www.geocities.com/huangskungfu/Intro.html

January 08, 2004, 05:15:35 PM
Reply #3

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
I like to think most people have a desire to want more and more knowledge. I for one didnt have much desire for any kind of knowledge till i was in my mid 20's. I suspect drugs and alcohol had something to do with it. I thrive, need, desire all kinds of knowledge now. Its a non stop thing with me. So many people just live and dont see that their capacity for knowledge is limitless. I dont use much of my knowledge due to my interests but i want more. I for one dont see much need to put my knowledge out to the so called world. Im happy know what i do. You could say i am a listener and not a speaker of knowledge. Just listen to all around brings you knowledge, and alot of it. the knowledge you pick up helps you in what you need to do in life. My mind now will never be saticfied with what it knows now. Knowledge is limitless unless you have a problem that stops you from gaining more of it. People just need to open their minds to all around them and not shut out ideas, thoughts of others out their. Well due to that i guess you could say some people have a limited knowledge. Veritas is a very good place to gain knowledge of the out of norm of society. But the people with closed minds just wont gain much knowledge due to they are anal. yes i guess some are limited in knowledge. But me, i need more and i will seek more on many things till i die, that will be my only limitation and that will be my death.
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended