Author Topic: dont have time to practice meditation and psi one directly after another..  (Read 476 times)

December 23, 2017, 12:34:48 AM
Read 476 times

Tricky

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
    • My facebook, add if you want
More specific, I have a pretty hectic lifestyle where I can get very often phone calls and have to leave etc and a changing work schedule and a 4 year old etc etc..

But I would really like to get back into developing psionic skills like I used to when I was younger. I remember I could do some pretty cool things. But I remember I always practiced meditation for 30 minutes then followed by psi practice.

The problem with this is that I no longer have time to meditate during the day. I usually meditate before bed. That's the only time i can. As for when I practice psionic skills it's just sporadic throughout the day when I have time.

My question is, can I still effectively develop psionic skills even though I'd be training this way? I mean don't get me wrong i do usually take a few minutes to clear my mind and meditate just a little before i practice. But like I said my meditation practise happens mainly before bed.

Is that ok? Any input is greatly appreciated.

December 23, 2017, 05:53:59 AM
Reply #1

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
If at all feasible, I would recommend waking up early in the morning to try to get some uninterrupted meditation practice. I personally find it easier and more productive to practice early morning than at night before going to bed. It's also usually a time of the day when you're most likely to find a block of uninterrupted time. Then again, your mileage may vary if you're of the disposition to be excessively groggy when you get up.
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

January 04, 2018, 06:11:09 AM
Reply #2

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Parapsych research generally shows that meditators perform psi more reliably and to greater effect. So if you must choose one,  I would choose meditation.

How,  then,  can you practice psi?

I don't know how skilled you are at meditation,  but when you begin reaching states of long,  uninterrupted concentration or even absorption into the object of meditation,  you will then be able to gain psychic insight into / influence over the object of your meditation. As long as you maintain your meditative focus,  go ahead and meditate on the unknown day ahead, or on the solution to a problem,  or on a loved one that needs healing,  or on the relationship between consciousness and matter, etc.

I know that most people in this board are used to the focal / void meditations that encourage very simple objects of concentration,  but don't forget that other traditions use extremely complex foci such as long,  intricate mantras or visualizations of complicated deities. A dot is a simpler focus than the day ahead or a deity,  but all will sharpen your meditation as long as you practice effectively.

I also recommend trying to become more aware of the everyday psi that most take completely for granted and don't notice. Delve into the theory of how psi might actually work and take steps to eliminate any obstacles to its conscious functioning. Even if you have no time to actively practice, a bit of effort towards eliminating unhelpful beliefs and attitudes and changing a habit of two can be a game-changer. For this,  I highly recommend the book First Sight,  which is a detailed theoretical description of how psi informs and affects every aspect of our lives.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007P5WG3W/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=&sr=

But to reiterate,  meditation is key in my mind. It can enrich your entire life, and also just so happens to strengthen whatever it is which facilitates the expression of psi,  and psychic abilities have been spontaneously arising in advanced meditators for millennia. In my opinion,  it's a no-brainer. Let that be your core practice.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:15:20 AM by Iatros »
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

January 04, 2018, 02:34:26 PM
Reply #3

Searcher2

• View Profile
Before Bed or even before sleep is fine, also grabbing 5 min here and there is excellent control. If instead of meditating during the odd 5 min try pushing your consciousness out in the areas around you that way you can practise while doing nominal tasks. don't do this while chopping veg or when doing anything that could be dangerous. and finally don't listen to most of the crap above.

Searcher