Author Topic: Hello from San Diego, CA  (Read 410 times)

November 12, 2017, 05:09:59 AM
Read 410 times

Ambulo471

• View Profile
Hello,

Initiate of A.'.A.'., Ordo Draconis et Atri Adamantis, et al. I am also a painter, musician, writer and many other things, "semita ambulo, sicut et tibi".

I live in San Diego, California. I have been doing magick for roughly 4 years, I was admitted to Ordo Draconis et Atri Adamantis in April of 2014, and later I took up the student Oath of A.'.A.'. in May of 2015. I've been doing asana, pranayama, and dharana meditation unknowing of the occult mysteries since age 9. I'm a Libra-Scorpio Sun, Aquarius Moon, and Leo Ascendant. I was born at 1:19 am Oct 19th, 1999.

The number 19 always pervades my universe regardless of the fact that I dismiss it as Baader-Meinhof. 8 just as frequently. If you care at all for epistemological quarrels, I'm a skeptical Pragmatist who will thrash you with anti-postmodern retort and that will be the end of it, this is a learned trait that I have little shame for possessing. I'm a poet, I've been writing for many years and honestly think it will be the death of me some day.

I'm really just another person and am finding my way like anyone else, I care about selfhood and the development of individuals as whole and integrated beings. I work as a student for a Computer Programming and Cyber security company, I want to travel and do performance art and music some day, and like the rest of us I am a bit mad.

But I've wrestled with my demons quite intimately and see very clearly why the great philosophers speak of the path of attainment as a Mountain called Abiegnus, and why the utilitity of the initiatory schools is that it bestows you with a torch to see, much as the mundane therapist provides a torch in the cave of confusion that is the mind, by providing you with nothing more than an agency of self-reflection. And also much as the will of your father is a torch passed down the generations, as it is said that you must carry on the family torch, well this is no dreary burden, it is that very utility I spoke of, it is an agency for self reflection that guides you through the cave of the mysteries and the caves of life, so that you need not run into them blind (This is the true burden of the solitary practitioner, although I respect and support them immensely, there is a greater potential for folly with this) and run back out the entrance again, cowering among the muck of the mundane and excessive shells of existence. No, instead you bare the torch of the Lineage of your Holy and Personal Order and ascend the steps of knowledge with the sight of the ages, and attain beyond the many trials of the caves beneath the mountain Abiegnus, and so through to the Holy Light of true Adepthood. But these are just poetries and I invoke the fourth power of the Sphinx.

I have a facebook for my art here: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfMelekTaus/
I also have a redbubble here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/Melek-Taus/
I need to start a blog or something  :cow: lmao.

Anyway, glad to be here, hope I can contribute some discussion and meet some decent people.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:19:23 AM by Ambulo471 »

November 12, 2017, 05:12:53 AM
Reply #1

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Paragraphs can you use them?

December 04, 2017, 02:03:27 AM
Reply #2

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Hey, welcome here (sorry for the late reply).

So, do you sell your artworks? I kinda like your coal game.

Yesterday at 07:46:15 PM
Reply #3

mannystars

• View Profile
Hello, all!  Heart break brought an awakening in me that I was not looking for.  I will prevail, this sentimental set back will come with gains in my spirit.  Can you relate to this experience?  Let me know.