Author Topic: Hermetic Practice and Astrology  (Read 4020 times)

November 03, 2010, 09:03:48 AM
Read 4020 times

HoldOrFold

• View Profile
Hi, this is my first post. I found this forum while looking for the best place to pose this question.

This is a fairly advanced question and assumes you have knowledge and experience practicing both astrology and hermetics.

Ok so here it goes:

When you introduce an element into your astral body, your personality changes as a result. For instance, by introducing the sense of gravity and density into my astral body, I feel more grounded. My perceptions change as a result and my personality becomes more practical and organized and 'down to earth'. The more I introduce these qualities of the earth element into my astral body over time, the more my instinctual emotional reactions to my environment become what would be associated with those born under the earth signs of Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. The Moon rules the astral body, and someone born with their Moon in Taurus, for instance, will naturally have these earthy perceptions and behaviors.

Now my question is the following: If I was born with my moon in Pisces for example, and then introduced earth into my astral body regularly then my moon sign would for all intents and purposes begin acting as say a Taurus moon would.

So what would it mean when for instance transiting Mars contacts my natal Moon in Pisces? If my astral body is no longer resonating with Pisces then will contacts to Pisces even have an effect on me? And what would it mean if for instance Mars was influencing Taurus instead? Since my astral body is now Taurus like, will planetary transits to Taurus influence my astral body more than those to Pisces? In my mind, they should do! Because planetary contacts to a sign affect the qualities expressed by that sign. Or for instance, given a certain cultural astrological climate, society might readily welcome moon in Taurus energy and at other times reject it. So if you are expressing this energy then that means that you are indeed affected by the astrological climate involving Taurus.

So if it's possible to effectively change your Moon sign by hermetically introducing elements into your astral body, then what implications does that have for the rest of astrology? If you have Aries on the 10th house but no planets in that house, then will introducing explosive fiery pressure into your astral body eventually give you a Moon in the 10th house and therefore the career and fame benefits associated with such a placement?

By the way, I use the Moon as an example due to the fluid and changeable nature and it's association with the astral body.

November 15, 2010, 11:41:30 PM
Reply #1

Darkflame

• Posts By Osmosis

• Frequent poster

• View Profile
I think this topic far too interesting to not get any replies (it does belong in the magick forum, however).

From my limited understanding of astrology it seems that it expresses your natural inclinations, focusing on one element in an effort to change your very nature will probably only cause imbalance.

November 18, 2010, 09:26:06 PM
Reply #2

Aunt Clair

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
    • River of Enlightenment
Hi, this is my first post. I found this forum while looking for the best place to pose this question.
Welcome to Veritas !!
When you introduce an element into your astral body, your personality changes as a result. For instance, by introducing the sense of gravity and density into my astral body, I feel more grounded. My perceptions change as a result and my personality becomes more practical and organized and 'down to earth'. The more I introduce these qualities of the earth element into my astral body over time, the more my instinctual emotional reactions to my environment become what would be associated with those born under the earth signs of Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn.
That makes sense .
Now my question is the following: If I was born with my moon in Pisces for example, and then introduced earth into my astral body regularly then my moon sign would for all intents and purposes begin acting as say a Taurus moon would.
For a time I suppose if you did not revert back to yourself. With Hermetic balancing such as in IIH a permanent change can certainly be made too.
So what would it mean when for instance transiting Mars contacts my natal Moon in Pisces? If my astral body is no longer resonating with Pisces then will contacts to Pisces even have an effect on me? And what would it mean if for instance Mars was influencing Taurus instead? Since my astral body is now Taurus like, will planetary transits to Taurus influence my astral body more than those to Pisces? In my mind, they should do! Because planetary contacts to a sign affect the qualities expressed by that sign. Or for instance, given a certain cultural astrological climate, society might readily welcome moon in Taurus energy and at other times reject it. So if you are expressing this energy then that means that you are indeed affected by the astrological climate involving Taurus.
Your theory seems sound but convoluted. It would seem that by changing your actions, words, thoughts, and balancing hermetically one could attain better results. And through that balancing attain kundalini and further ascension and become a better person .

So if it's possible to effectively change your Moon sign by hermetically introducing elements into your astral body, then what implications does that have for the rest of astrology? If you have Aries on the 10th house but no planets in that house, then will introducing explosive fiery pressure into your astral body eventually give you a Moon in the 10th house and therefore the career and fame benefits associated with such a placement?
Now that sounds promising. If one could seriously look at the alignment of a famous person and others like her/him and emulate them by becoming their astrological attributes maybe they could become like them in fortune. But could one replace the rest of the package ? What about the looks, the people they are born with, the place that they are born. The monad and its talents from previous lives. Could these be artificially packaged? Perhaps enough of the astrological complex could be simulated to affect one's fate. It is a very interesting quetion.

I did not reply before because I do not know the answer. It does seem to be a Hermetic Astrological query and as such belongs in this forum, though.

I suppose that the astrological influences could be manipulated by an intake of Hermetic elements .

When you consider that signs are aligned with Hermetic elements than one could suppose that by changing one's elemental correspondence it would affect their astrological forecast. But I am not someone who is very interested or knowledgable in astrology so this is only my conjecture.
.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~

October 13, 2013, 03:56:35 PM
Reply #3

HoldOrFold

• View Profile
Sorry that it's taken me 3 years to reply. I'm a bit slow on forums.

I came to the conclusion that the natal astrological positions are fixed at birth however your expression of elemental energy will play out in the associated houses of your chart. So for instance if you have an empty 10th house in Aries then by consciously making the effort to express Aries you will move towards your 10th house.

That's a simplistic view though of course, but in a nutshell I believe the natal positions to be fixed yet able to be worked with to bring out their highest potential and harmony within the chart.

October 13, 2013, 05:06:41 PM
Reply #4

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile

<.<          >.>

*kobok hands over the delayed-response championship trophy*
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

October 23, 2013, 08:17:01 PM
Reply #5

Searching

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Just Sayin'
    • View Profile

<.<          >.>

For real. Definitely one of the only threads where the original poster actually, you know, comes back and, you know... posts.
"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

November 02, 2015, 07:28:19 PM
Reply #6

HoldOrFold

• View Profile

<.<          >.>

Thanks, I decided to wait another 2 years and I am now ready to accept your trophy.

November 02, 2015, 11:44:24 PM
Reply #7

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I am scared to asked... "Do you always take so much time to reply?" :-D.

Anyway, position of houses can be "altered", as well. Just find a suitable place and go there for your birthday.

November 04, 2015, 06:03:46 AM
Reply #8

Ruhdelen100

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The Thorn
    • View Profile
I suggest you to try it, see for yourself and share the results with us here. But I suggest you to not try it for two years, even if you're going to wait before replying. So maybe try different versions, compare their accuracy over multiple tries and draw conclusions. I hardly believe anyone can give you a satisfying answer, because what you're curious of is untried. But I suggest you to take major and minor planetary periods into account when calculating dynamics and trying to define accuracy of its effects.
無敵!

December 09, 2017, 12:46:36 PM
Reply #9

HoldOrFold

• View Profile
I am scared to asked... "Do you always take so much time to reply?" :-D.

Since it's been another 2 years, I'd have to say 'yes'.

I suggest you to try it, see for yourself and share the results with us here. But I suggest you to not try it for two years, even if you're going to wait before replying. So maybe try different versions, compare their accuracy over multiple tries and draw conclusions. I hardly believe anyone can give you a satisfying answer, because what you're curious of is untried. But I suggest you to take major and minor planetary periods into account when calculating dynamics and trying to define accuracy of its effects.

Ok thanks for the advice, I think I'll ponder this for 4 years and get back to you.