Author Topic: Relaxation  (Read 4726 times)

December 12, 2003, 03:04:42 PM
Read 4726 times

Neo

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
heres a small article about a relaxation technique that almost anyone can use.  Works perfectly all the time!

Relaxation

This is small article about a technique for relaxation and sleep induction that I have used for many years.   This article was written by Neo, and shall always be the property of Neo, so don't pinch it.

How to Relax
       The following is a relaxation technique that I discovered when I was very young, and have used for many many years.   It is designed to be easy to use, and easy to understand.   I suggest that before this, you must understand what Visualization is, as it is an essential part of this Relaxation.  If you don't, please read my other article about Visualization, as it explains all the terms used in this article.  
        First of all, before you want to relax, please sit down, or lie down in a comfortable place.  Make yourself really really comfortable, and calm yourself down.  After this, close your eyes, and listen to the sound of your breath for a few minutes, this really helps you to get ready, and really makes you calm, and slows down your breathing.
     Now, as you are totally calm, just start to Visualize large green rings of energy moving up over your foot, describing them to yourself as sleep rays that are going to encircle your body, as they move over your feet, you feel them sending your feet to sleep, and staying over your feet.  Visualize the rings moving up over your calves, and up to your knees, feeling them going to sleep, getting totally relaxed.   Keep these rings going up and up your body, slowly, and feeling your body go to sleep.  Keep on doing this until you get to your neck.  
      When you get to your neck, just Visualize your body being healed and relaxed by these green rings now encircling your body.   This next part is important, as it decides whether you want to go to sleep, or whether you want to become utterly relaxed.
     If you wish to fall asleep, just Visualize the rings continuing up from your neck, and covering your head, and your mind, sending you to sleep, and healing you.  I don't know what happens after this, as I fall asleep, and just remember how successful it was when I wake up in the morning.  I can have drunk a whole cafetiere of coffee, had a bottle of coke, and this will still send me to sleep.   The trick is to just keep your mind on these rings, that have the power to send you to sleep, and that these rings have you wrapped in a cocoon of green vibrant energy.
      If you wish to just become totally relaxed, when you get to your neck, just Visualize the green rings of energy coming up and encircling your head, except this time, they arenít sending you to sleep, they are just making you much calmer, and much more relaxed then ever before.  You see them cooling down your mind, and making you relaxed.   After you feel that you are relaxed enough, visualize the rings dematerializing into dust, waking you from your relaxation, and readying you for going back to your life.   After, you should feel in harmony with the earth, and totally relaxed, no pains, no groans, just peace, and harmony.    You will also feel energized, for whatever you want to do, and find it easier to think and concentrate.
       This relaxation technique is one of the simplest around, and virtually anyone can do it.  It takes only five minutes for a short relaxation, and benefits you like a nap might, and can be extended to as long as you feel necessary, relaxing you the right amount, and healing you the right amount.  But wait, thereís more things then relaxation that this can do, including empowering, energizing, and much much more.

The Power of The Colours

As I said before. this can be used for many many things.  The only thing you have to change is the color of the rings.  And how you describe them.  I have a short list of some different colors with different effects.
   [Indent] * Try Red to Empower you with an intrinsic energy.[/Indent]
     [Indent]  * Use Yellow to give you an Energy Boost.[/Indent]
     [Indent]  * Green works for healing and relaxation.[/Indent]
    [Indent]   * Blue gives you a power to speak up, and counter nervousness[/Indent]
    [Indent]   * Purple does your whole soul good, as you Visualize it healing your soul.[/Indent]
      [Indent] * Keep on trying different colours, and experiment to see what they do.[/Indent]
   [Indent]    * If you want to do everything at once, use a rainbow coloured ring, and see it doing everything that needs to be done to heal and nurture your body, mind and soul.[/Indent]

As I said, explore the power of the colours, and see what they can do for you.   If you have any queries, or you want to talk to me, PM me (Neo) on the VeritasOnline forums.  I hope you enjoyed reading this, and learnt from it.   Just remember, I wrote this, not you, so donít pinch it!
  (C) CDCM 2003
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:39:32 PM by Neo »
Don't annoy me, or I'll set my kamehamehamsters on you!

December 12, 2003, 04:29:10 PM
Reply #1

Quagmire

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Interesting article. I think it could be very helpful.
-Q

December 12, 2003, 04:50:49 PM
Reply #2

Neo

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Thanks, its really simple. Designed for n00bs

December 14, 2003, 12:46:01 PM
Reply #3

Sparky

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
Or theres an even simpler way that relaxs me,  Run a hot bath  get some secented candles. No lights on and no interuptions near you, i.e telephone etc.  that should make you nice and realxed and its nice and easy to.:)
\"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.\" - Benjamin Franklin \"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.\" - Tom Clancy

December 17, 2003, 04:42:57 PM
Reply #4

Neo

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Yeah, that would work for me, but the only prob is, I dont always have a bath with scented candles.lol/

December 17, 2003, 05:02:53 PM
Reply #5

Sparky

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
Awwww i guess some of us have that luxery. :p
\"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.\" - Benjamin Franklin \"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.\" - Tom Clancy

December 17, 2003, 05:07:17 PM
Reply #6

Neo

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
all day
and all night?
somehow I dont think so

December 17, 2003, 05:17:39 PM
Reply #7

Sparky

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
well not allday and all night but enough times to relax me  lol.

December 17, 2003, 05:19:22 PM
Reply #8

Neo

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Thought so!