Author Topic: Questions! (You guys tired of me yet?)  (Read 355 times)

August 06, 2017, 09:52:33 AM
Read 355 times

AndrywVoracity

• View Profile
Hello all.

I have been away a while in order to attempt to learn magick based on my own observations and experiences, rather than trying to 'be sure' before trying things out.

But now I have a few questions I think cannot answer, atleast not for a long period of perhaps months or years.

First, I'd like to ask if it is possible to use psychokinetic abilities (Aerokinetic, for those who would like the arbitrary specificity) without invoking any energies in particular, i.e. through mental forces alone.

The reason I ask this question is because I recently gained the ability to cause pieces of paper to fall and to turn the pages of my book using only the air in the room.

However, what intrigued me was Prophecy's description of Vital Forces in his Elemental Magic essay (I believe that is the author and title respectively).
His technique for learning to move and feel vital forces were eerily similar to the techniques I used for energy manipulation but the description of the two energies were different.
Vital Force feels magnetic or electric.
For me, I simply feel a sort of a repulsive force combined with heat (Heat is described to be an action of the neurons misfiring due to focus on an area)

Second, should I continue feeling and using energy in the manner I currently do, or should I switch to some other form of practice.

I understand that magick is a personal, subjective experience but Im worried that I have a delusion of the wrong energy, and that it will cause an obstacle to further growth.

Also; real quick, can anyone tell me how to switch from Aerokinesis (Using winds) to Psychokinesis (Creating force and motion).

I know this isn't the psionics subforum, but my practices are more similar to magic than psionics.

Excuse my less than eyecatching format, Im still not used to making these posts. Sorry.

August 15, 2017, 07:48:33 AM
Reply #1

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The mind can affect matter and it is as simple as that. Psychokinesis (PK)  is responsible for anything people call by whatever arbitrary name ending in -kinesis.

No accumulation of energies is necessary for PK. All that is required is focused intention. With a clear,  calm mind and the ability to focus on your goal,  whether that means seeing across space and time, healing, sending a message,   or bending a spoon, you have all that you need.

The question then becomes,  what does Iatros mean by this,  exactly,  so that I can be sure I am doing it right? I advise you to let go of this question forever. Just know what you intend,  and practice focusing your mind on your intended result as if it were present or certain to occur. Practice this so that no other thought enters your mind, until you are relaxed as you do so. Do not worry about the mechanism. You are the mechanism,  and the more complex you make the process,  generally speaking,  the worse a mechanism you are, because you are wasting focus.

A better question is,  what should I not do?  Do not allow your mind to wander from your intention. Do not confuse focus with effort - stay physically relaxed and mentally calm. Learn to control your desires as craving results can stop them from occuring, causing a release of effort effect where psi / sorcery occurs after you stop trying. This effect can be good for confirming success in the beginning, but obviously can cause much frustration during your practice session, and cause weird delayed phenomena, so break the habit of straining early on.

As described in this forum,  focal meditation will improve your intention,  and void meditation will decrease distracting factors, and I personally think everybody should practice both daily if they are serious about results.

Regarding energies,  it is not like Prophecy teaches one kind of vital force,  Bardon another,  and qigong practitioners a third. They are roughly the same, but use slightly different methods to put the mind in contact with mostly undifferentiated, pure energy which is favorable to life. So do not get bogged down wondering whose description of how to work with which energy is best. Rather,  choose someone who seems legitimate and learn to work with the energy as they describe until you have some success - congratulations,  you can move energy. Then try others' methods and see how they slightly alter the quality of the energy. I recommend starting with pure,  balanced energies like the vital force / qi so that it will purify and balance you as you work,  and leave you more resistant to imbalances should you begin work with more specialized energies.

But always remember,  if an energy is like a fool,  your mind is like the hand which uses the tool. Using tools with numb,  weak,  unskilled hands is inefficient at best and can be dangerous.

In summary,

1. There is no "mental force," but rather energy is always structured by mind.

2. There is no difference between moving air with your mind and moving paper with your mind, or anything else.

3. There is little point to attempt controlling energy with your mind if you aren't yet adept at controlling your mind.

4. There is little point to worrying about which energy is which after you have learned to use your mind skilfully enough to perceive those energies directly.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:52:23 AM by Iatros »
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

August 18, 2017, 12:50:30 PM
Reply #2

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
This is bullshit. No one has ever successfully demonstrated PK under laboratory conditions. Thoughts are electrical impulses that have no "power" to them, they only affect the cns. What you have is nothing more than wishful thinking. Grow up people.

August 20, 2017, 07:58:59 AM
Reply #3

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Stop blatantly misleading people,  Hellblazer.

Evidence & Debate: http://bfy.tw/DTVB

Psi (now often referred to as anomalous cognition for ESP and anomalous perturbation for PK) has plenty of lab evidence. There is a lot of debate surrounding it,  but having watched the community for several years,  if anything the mainstream is warming up to the idea and suspending their toxic,  anti-scientific bias against inquiry into subjects they don't understand.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:17:55 AM by Iatros »
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

August 29, 2017, 10:20:53 AM
Reply #4

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I can't help that you're just as delusional as the rest of the fuckwits in the occult community. Just keep jacking off to your confirmation bias.

August 29, 2017, 10:47:13 AM
Reply #5

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile

September 03, 2017, 12:47:17 PM
Reply #6

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Yeah. Just look at the state of this community. It doesn't exist any more. Same with a lot of occult forums. They are dying. I'm glad for this. Time to grown up and quit pretending that some god or even the universe give two shits or a fuck about your wishes. It's pathetic and I regret ever being apart of this bullshit. It's your life waste it however you please, but you'll regret it one day.