Author Topic: Home-made psychedelic substances to aid in astral traveling and/or lucid dreamin  (Read 1013 times)

May 14, 2016, 08:50:00 PM
Read 1013 times

earthmagus

• View Profile
Any of you guys know how to make a drug that can help in astral traveling and/or lucid dreaming using common household items - and not using mushroom or other plant-based chemicals? Am having a hard time doing astral traveling and lucid dreaming with just plain tutorials and exercises. I feel that using such chemicals can in a way help jumpstart the ability in me...

Peyote mushrooms and other stuff like that are just not native in my place and are pretty hard to procure (they're on the illegal drugs list in my turf)...

Hope you can help me on this...

May 15, 2016, 01:31:26 PM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Valerian Root tea an hour before bed. It's bitter but it should help you with lucidity. You will most likely grow a tolerance after a few weeks of ingesting it, so use your time wisely on the meditations and practices you are already doing. You can stop using it after two weeks then start again to lower your tolerance if you still need it.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

May 15, 2016, 02:01:05 PM
Reply #2

earthmagus

• View Profile
Okay, will find some of that here...

By the way, how come you haven't answered some of the messages I sent? Pardon about that, but if anything, kindly PM me there as to why... I just sent a new one just now...

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:06:29 PM by earthmagus »

June 01, 2016, 08:18:00 AM
Reply #3

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Mugwort is legal and can be useful for dreaming, either as a tea or smoked, or just kept in a sachet in the pillow for the smell. It may produce a waking altered state of consciousness which I would describe as calm, flowing and slightly dreamlike, but is very mild. I should also warn that mugwort contains thujone which could be bad for you if used in very high doses or for extended periods, but in general you will be fine unless you are doing something obviously unnecessary and unwise like drinking cups and cups at a time regularly or smoking far more than you'll find pleasant.

The tea is quite bitter and unpleasant in my opinion, while the smoke is extremely mild, smooth, and almost sweet tasting if the plant is of good quality. An incense would work if you're not comfortable with inhaling directly, but take proper fire precautions if you're planning to sleep with incense.

There are plenty of resources online regarding mugwort consumption and dreams.

You should also consider using essential oils just for their scent. Scents easily reach the sleeping mind so a fragrance you associate with your sleep practices can serve to anchor your mind to your intentions even as your awareness is transformed when your body falls asleep.

It should be noted that a key mechanism of projection and lucid dreaming is the mind's ability to maintain awareness through transitions into altered consciousness. Use of psychoactive substances causes such an altered state in the first place, so if you're not able to succeed naturally there is a good chance that this sort of thing won't work very well, and may actually just complicate your progress if not stop it entirely. I therefore recommend using scents etc. at first, and then consuming only small quantities. With any very psychoactive substances, seek the advice of an experienced user who seems to be healthy and trustworthy.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:26:23 AM by Iatros »
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa