Author Topic: How/Why did you get into the Occult?  (Read 1889 times)

February 09, 2016, 05:49:49 PM
Read 1889 times

Vagantem

• Settling In

• View Profile
Out of curiosity, I thought to ask (if anyone wants to answer) what made you get involved with the occult. What was the thing or reason that made you think "let's get into it" and why?

I didn't not have a choice on the matter, I got "indoctrinated" (in a good way) in it, in the same way that a kid born by christian parents gets indoctrinated in christianity. And then of course I liked it and continued this way. Which makes me really curious to see why other people chose on their own will to follow this path.

February 09, 2016, 06:49:27 PM
Reply #1

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
So, you were taught the occult paradigm as a child or you lived in an occult family?

February 10, 2016, 01:45:39 AM
Reply #2

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I was born 'sensitive'; I saw and communicated with spirits (as far as I could tell), had 'prophetic' dreams and hallucinations of demonic beings and hell realms (I had a very rough and emotionally disturbed upbringing). I was raised Scientologist on one side of my family and Buddhist on the other and was always taught to follow my intuition and study and learn as much as I could (Despite what the majority of non- and anti-Scientologists think, the original 'Tech', or manuscripts and practices, written by the founder are about discovering your own truth and taking nothing written or said on faith. It is based on Eastern Wisdom, Western Mystery Traditions, psychoanalysis, and putting in the work to become more able and in control of ones own life). My father was also a Pranic Healer, Karate instructor, and qigong practitioner which influenced me heavily.

I strayed away from Scientology and Buddhism and found Satanism when I was 13 (silly I know, but true), which opened up my mind and heart to ceremonial magic and belief in ones own power over a master or deity. From there it was books and books, spells and spells, conjurations and conjurations as I was growing up from everything from Simon's Necronomicon to Scott Cunningham's Wicca: Guide for the Solitary Practitioner. The last several years I have mostly focused on energy modalities, consciousness explorations, Internal Boxing, qigong, and Chaos Magic, with a heavy interest, but impractical experience, with transhumanism.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

February 10, 2016, 12:15:36 PM
Reply #3

Vagantem

• Settling In

• View Profile
So, you were taught the occult paradigm as a child or you lived in an occult family?

I grew up in a mixed family. Dad's side of the family were "occult" related people, and mum's side of the family were "non-occult" people. I was not brought up in a specific dogma or path. You see it is quiet different. People who are getting involved in the occult at a later point in their life, they basically do it in paths, as if they are learning a new subject, lets say a certain martial art. In an "occult" related family, you are not being taught a specific way or paradigm exactly. you just live with these things and learn how to use them as extra daily skills. The same way someone else knows how to change a light bulb, in that way you can use a basic locating spell for example to locate something you lost.
I really can't explain it in a better way cos I have no words in my vocabulary to use so I can separate these, they both look normal so I don't have special words.

February 10, 2016, 12:22:12 PM
Reply #4

Vagantem

• Settling In

• View Profile
I was born 'sensitive'.......with transhumanism.

Not a quote but I don't know how to reply on a comment here.

It is very interesting how many people that come from a religious background simply break the "link" and go away in order to find the occult traditions.  I have met few people who were ex-christians and they told me their stories. Well... they ended up becoming wiccans but still better than Christian (in my head) lol.

Transhumanism is a very interesting topic, one which I want to learn about in depth once I find the time needed. With that said, I really believe that people should combine the world of the occult with the world of science. just imagine the progress we would made if instead of giving money to a church, people were investing in scientific research in the occult. We could recover the 1000 years of dark ages in a matter of few decades.

February 14, 2016, 02:45:32 AM
Reply #5

Calvin

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Im in your statues

• Personal Text
    ...watchin your peoples
    • View Profile
Vitamyst

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

"Like, how do you summon 1.4 significant members? Simple, 1 significant member, followed by a certain number of random occurences of Arck."
-Vivi, on the summoning of past members

February 15, 2016, 01:51:28 AM
Reply #6

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
It is very interesting how many people that come from a religious background simply break the "link" and go away in order to find the occult traditions.  I have met few people who were ex-christians and they told me their stories. Well... they ended up becoming wiccans but still better than Christian (in my head) lol.

Transhumanism is a very interesting topic, one which I want to learn about in depth once I find the time needed. With that said, I really believe that people should combine the world of the occult with the world of science. just imagine the progress we would made if instead of giving money to a church, people were investing in scientific research in the occult. We could recover the 1000 years of dark ages in a matter of few decades.

When I learned that a lot of religions seek to control I stepped out of dogma. I was very into Buddhism for a long time and liked the Scientology philosophy, but there's just too much 'this is the way it is' these days, even though L. Ron Hubbard and Buddha both were supposedly against the whole idea of dogma (and Jesus for that matter). I feel like breaking away from the chains of religion and dogma, or any set of authority that seeks to control rather than educate, is following the original intent of the true masters. Not just because these masters said so, but because that is how they became masters of their lives, so much so nations and cultures followed suit.

It may sound odd, but I would consider Chaos Magic Theory my spiritual path. Carroll, Hine, and Sherwin all say that the Magic of Illumination is the best type of magic because not only are you bettering yourself, but because you have bettered yourself you are much more able to better others (if that is your intention). The possibilities of Chaos Magic are endless and as a spiritual path over a purely magical path it leaves the door of 'salvation' always ajar to discover new things and add and omit upon experience. It is much less egocentric and abyssmal that Satanism and has more room for discovery than Luciferianism, at least for me. Although, I guess it is Luciferian in a way... I'm okay with that.

I think the holistic/alternative medical field and brain studies are making great strides in a scientific understanding of occult knowledge. Although there are a lot of people who claim that the science isn't real science, there is obviously a lot of results coming out of these clinics. I have met people who were really never that spiritual but then went to an acupuncturist or Chinese Medical Doctor and left amazed at the results, or very astute materialists that took a few qigong classes and learned something about themselves they never had any idea about - qi. They may not always subscribe to the language and beliefs but they are none the less amazed by the results. I think these holistic methods are a key factor in Transhumanism, at least on the immortality aspect. A healthy body and mind are the first steps in optimal human ability, the nano-bots and cybernetic enhancements merely advance the already optimal biological machine.

If we take Artificial Intelligence and transhumans, at least the theory of what they can become, then how are they any different than Gods (which is a huge question in transhumanism and a cause of much anger and fear in antagonists)? My theory, if empathy is kept and emotions are somehow able to be transferred, programmed, or taught in some way to the consciousness of the AI and transhumans are able to sustain empathy, sympathy, and honest emotional content, than I see it as a positive. Whether humanity likes it or not, we are evolving into a new species of cyborg and have been since the first artificial organ.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:55:12 AM by Mind_Bender »
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

April 30, 2016, 11:04:10 PM
Reply #7

Azuray

• View Profile
As a child of 15 I'd never heard of anything but Christianity but my next door neighbor's daughter invited me to a seance now without explaining too much of what was done wrong let me say that the spiritual experience of actually seeing 3 very distinct footprints in the sand directly behind me and  as result of said seance which in truth was more of a conjuring. I broke so many rules of which I had no clue of knowing and then for about 5 more years I noticed a spirit whispering harmful things for me to do which I never did  mainly I just ignored it, Man I was so ignorant whew glad those days are over , then at the age of 20 I became interested in tarot and everytime I tried to get a reading from somebody
else there always seemed to be something that pulled me away right as I was about to get a reading so I got fed up and looked up how to do one for myself and  it was amazing, as I was analyzing my reading , someone handed me a book I said I was interested in reading as i was expanding my knowledge and understanding for various beliefs in a variety of cultures ,and it happened that it was a book on Wicca and as I read thru the book I realized how much trouble I was in because it laid out things so clear i immediately started seeking ways to rid myself of this entity and the energy which was really just an annoyance  or so I thought. 4 years go by and I'm now 24 and no closer to finding an answer to my entity problem and then I meet this most awesome voodoo high priestess and we began a relationship , one day she said its name which I didn't even know and my body suddenly wasn't my own and it lashed out at her and as soon as it happened something happened inside me and I was essentially restraining this spirit and together we purged it however it didn't fully go away so I transmutated its energy to be the opposite of what it was , and from that point on it had no choice but to be an extension of myself when I have need of its energy or knowledge, I hope I've kept within the guidelines of this site and I'd be very sorry if otherwise. This and more spiritual experiences have led me to believe that everything is part of a whole not one belief system is without flaws as man is not without flaw, and the only thing to do is keep moving forward knowing where    you are and constantly work on self improvement. Take nothing for granted and question everything until an answer is provided in a way that satisfies your spirit

May 13, 2016, 06:04:21 PM
Reply #8

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
A childhood of weird crap happening and a desire to find answers. Basically it. Still not sure if I know or understand anything.

May 05, 2017, 03:04:04 AM
Reply #9

Emilia

• View Profile
I was raised by a Christian hippie mom who was into spirituality, not just religion. When I was a kid I was really interested in these things, and had an instinct that guided me to find out about them. As a child I read about different mythologies, beings and spiritual paths.
 As a teenager I got into learning Tarot and have been using Tarot ever since.
 At 15 I quit being a Christian, started exploring yoga and meditation and Wicca. in my 20's I travelled to India and found a guru. I soon stopped when i found out there was criminal activity and sacrificing of children involved, 'black magic' practiced and I was part of a cult. Anyhow I had already received a diksha from the guru. After the diksha i started experiencing kundalini rising when meditating.
 I quit following the guru and practising the meditations. I came back from India and was a part of a yoga community for a while, until I grew tired of the hierarchies and all New Age nonsense it involved. I was taught Reiki. I started experiencing very strong empathy and could intuitively know about other people's illnesses and problems. During healing I saw creatures who came to help me channel the healing for others. I became very much afraid of my intuition. I noticed that alcohol seemed to dull my sensitivity, and if I did not drink, my intuition seemed to grow stronger and I could sense energies around me.
 Well, I knew I was not into New Age at all or religions ir groups with hierarchies that were not necessary in the end.
 Two years ago I ran into people who practised magic and got sexually harassed, physically attacked by them. Some sort of energetical attack occured too. I participated in a meditation with these people and started feeling pain and pressure around me in the meditation. During this time I started seeing auras and energies moving around. I felt I was in danger. Other participants reported sensing something weird too and people were having same kind of nightmares if a huge snake that attacked them and finding themselves dead. Also the leader of the group took a photograph if everyone in the beginning of the course. After that I started experiencing weird things. Several healers tried to help but reported that something was disturbing them, that there was a presence disturbing the healing and that there were huge holes in my aura. I went to several people who could not help, one shaman who said I am under an attack but he cannot help me. Different parasites started coming to my house and attaching themselves to me. I looked for a long time someone who could help me, unti I found a person with 40 years of experience in the Franz Bardon system who eventually made it all stop. The problems ended. He is still supporting me in my spiritual path and personal developement and has given me a lot of advice, been an inspiration in every sense of the word. He is not my teacher though.
 All these experiences have taken me closer to finding a way of developing myself and understanding myself, and mostly the theme has been taking responsibility of myself. After over a year of being vulnerable to the negative energies of others I went through a spiritual crisis that has lead me to some sort of soul searching. I feel the spiritual side of the world has been knocking on my door for many times in my life but I have never really found a way to committ myself to it, and gone through a lot of different paths. I am more into the mystic side than the religious side if spiritualit, and in this sense magic seems to be the most natural option for me.
 So at the moment I've stopped drinking and drugs, getting back to my yoga practises and going through different magical traditions in order to find what's suitable for me.
 I think the occult has always been an interest of mine, but now in the first time I feel I am ready to start working with myself. Also I have noticed there are things i do which I have done with just following my instict, and later read about from books of magic and found out they are things you can actually learn and practice. I am interested to find out what happens. There is a lot of work and healing to do  :)

December 06, 2017, 07:40:52 AM
Reply #10

GastonBri

• View Profile
I discovered it on my own, during my college years. I never knew anyone who was into the occult while growing up.