Author Topic: Imaginative Meditation Technique  (Read 1162 times)

January 12, 2016, 01:44:31 AM
Read 1162 times

NamelessOne

• View Profile
I know that the benefits of meditation are numerous, but I find the most common forms of meditation are too boring for me to want to continue. It's probably not a good thing to feel that way but oh well.

So instead, in order to calm and manage my mind, I imagine my mind as a large house where each room has a specific meaning or purpose. Meaning that one room might contain emotions or thoughts. I've created rooms for introspection and for psi/magick practice. The images are very vivid and I have tactile sensations of things at times as well.

Has anyone ever heard of this sort of thing or tried anything similar?

~N.O.

January 12, 2016, 01:57:20 AM
Reply #1

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I know that the benefits of meditation are numerous, but I find the most common forms of meditation are too boring for me to want to continue. It's probably not a good thing to feel that way but oh well.

So instead, in order to calm and manage my mind, I imagine my mind as a large house where each room has a specific meaning or purpose. Meaning that one room might contain emotions or thoughts. I've created rooms for introspection and for psi/magick practice. The images are very vivid and I have tactile sensations of things at times as well.

Has anyone ever heard of this sort of thing or tried anything similar?

~N.O.

It's usually called Astral Temple, and yes, it's a quite common practice :)

January 12, 2016, 02:08:29 AM
Reply #2

NamelessOne

• View Profile
Google searched the term. My reaction:

Wat.

So this is actually a technique people use to prepare for Astral traveling, which I've been doing for years, without knowing that? <.<

I really don't know much about Astral traveling. I kinda gave up on it years ago when "real life" kicked in. How does this go from just imagination to Astral Projection? Am I already doing it? Or is there something important you're supposed to do?

January 12, 2016, 02:17:26 AM
Reply #3

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Well, not only astral travelling, astral work in general (which Magick is). Most of these techniques are natural which is why they come naturally to us :).

January 12, 2016, 02:08:53 PM
Reply #4

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
It's also a memory technique; switch out emotions and thoughts for things you want to remember, for instance one room can be for mathematical equations while another for poetry where a certain image represents a number: Swan for 2 Breasts for 3 Pentagram for 5 - (2+3=5,or Swan plus Breast equals Pentagram).

I utilize a different method where I get into a state of void consciousness to see the actual sigil of a Rune (Fehu for example) and repeat the closest English translation ('livestock') in my head to get a better feeling for what the Rune means. Images and feelings arise around the image and from the chant. I do it to keep fresh on my Runic understanding and meditation on public transit to and from work.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."