Author Topic: What if there is no god?  (Read 18978 times)

July 07, 2014, 03:08:53 PM
Reply #15

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
Not even close Akenu, as it seemed, to accuire the skills i wish to posess i would be to late to accomplish the the task, thus a futile effort in the first place.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

July 07, 2014, 03:11:38 PM
Reply #16

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Not even close Akenu, as it seemed, to accuire the skills i wish to posess i would be to late to accomplish the the task, thus a futile effort in the first place.

Not really, being late for one occurrence doesn't mean you have to be late for the next occurrence, as well. Magick is like a condom. It's better to have it and not use it, then not having it and needing it. Strange stuff always happen, the question is whether you want to sit there powerless again or you want to have means of controlling it.

July 07, 2014, 03:23:40 PM
Reply #17

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
It didn't help me that my father lied to me for over ten years with him proclaiming god jad spoke to him off and on, leading my whole family to homelessness me dropping out.of high school and becoming transient on some religious crusade around the country until i finally realised that he was simply suffering from self delusion. He has since apologised for his actions but a simple apology won't suffice to me for manipulation on that level. For six years i traveled with them sometimes to go my own way for a year or so, and when that house of cards came crashing down, so did my entire religion, my way of life, my meaning and purpose was gone with nothing left except what i am and what i have done.
My youtube channel

July 07, 2014, 03:29:38 PM
Reply #18

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Then pick yourself up, quit your whining, and get over it. You think your the only one with a sob story? I've had a craptastic life myself, Hell I just survived the worst three years of my life recently. How and why is beyond me, but I did. I had motivation, I had purpose because I chose to have a purpose. So chose to have a purpose. To be honest I think magick got me through that, although I didn't really train I was casting my will and acting on it. Sorry to be a bit harsh with you, but this kind of stuff isn't new to me. I've read and heard it a million and one times. Life is what you make of it, dwelling in the past keeps you there. Learning from it moves you forward.

July 07, 2014, 05:03:06 PM
Reply #19

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
Then pick yourself up, quit your whining, and get over it. You think your the only one with a sob story? I've had a craptastic life myself, Hell I just survived the worst three years of my life recently. How and why is beyond me, but I did. I had motivation, I had purpose because I chose to have a purpose. So chose to have a purpose. To be honest I think magick got me through that, although I didn't really train I was casting my will and acting on it. Sorry to be a bit harsh with you, but this kind of stuff isn't new to me. I've read and heard it a million and one times. Life is what you make of it, dwelling in the past keeps you there. Learning from it moves you forward.

No offense taken. And i could care less for your sympathy or anyone else's. I just need to tell someone. And that was only the tip of the iceburg regarding my issues and problems. I present you this information because it is relevant to the topic. And just because it has been said before does not mean that i have no right to say it myself. And by the way i quit my whining years ago, you might not realise it but you are talking with a grown man.
My youtube channel

July 07, 2014, 05:07:50 PM
Reply #20

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
  Its not like i don't try hellblazer. I just have this funny way of reasoning my way into depressive thoughts then reasoning my way out in a vicious cycle.

Consider this thread me thinking out loud, there is just too much running through my head and i need a place for it all.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:13:04 PM by supadude »
My youtube channel

July 07, 2014, 05:50:46 PM
Reply #21

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I get you. I do that sometimes, with the random ideas that sometimes possess me. It's a good thing to get stuff off your chest. I'm glad you started (have already begun) to overcome the past. I know from experience that holding onto the things that have been, won't help the future. We all have our dark secrets, regrets, lies, and shadows of ourselves. Things we'd like to forget, but no matter what we can't. These are our lesson in life, things to learn from and you have taken A step to learning them, as I'm sure you have been. So chin up and go forward.

July 07, 2014, 06:09:32 PM
Reply #22

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
The nature of god is usually a deeply personal and subjective thing. I could offer a lot of opinions on it, but I suppose I could more simply say that my view of Monad is Nature. Not in the limited "mother nature" context, but in a more "the universe has a natural flow" context. Basic analysis of the physical evolution of nature seems to agree with this context, because of the cycles, evolution, and various other things. A forest seems chaotic until the science behind it is understood, and then its growth can be analyzed and even predicted. As below, so above.

Such ideology isn't really that different from the chaos views that have been discussed here, except that I feel there to be a certain flow within the chaos.

And as for singular purpose. Well, let me just address that as simply as I can. I very strongly believe in fate, and as my understanding of this concept and my working with it has deepened over the years, my belief in this has only grown. It's a rather specific topic that is, in my opinion, very largely misunderstood.

Now, within this idea of fate, which is itself completely independent of any deity (for in most mythologies, even the gods are bound by fate), there is no such thing as "singular purpose." There may certainly be specific things that one should achieve in a given life, but there is never just one of those things. When I practiced divination to the point of obsession, I learned a lot about my own fate, my own "purpose," as well as those of others. Not once did I ever observe, in anyone's fate, a "singular" purpose. Life is just life. Everyone has things they are good at naturally, things they should do. Some people are great parents, some people are great martial artists, some people are great magicians, some people are great teachers, some people suck at teaching but are great researchers. Doing those things which one is good at naturally usually fulfills ones sense of purpose.

Truly, it is that simple. You do not need religion or a deity to give you purpose, because really, they can't. Your purpose is yours to discover, or to create. Your life is yours to live.

One of my favorite quotes from Thomas Jefferson comes from when he spoke against the concept of Divine Salvation: "Every mans salvation is in his own hands."

No god is responsible for your fate, for your purpose, for your life, nor anything else that is yours. Regardless of theology, everyone is ultimately responsible for themselves.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

July 07, 2014, 09:32:10 PM
Reply #23

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Mind Bender; i don't see the correlation of athena being an aspect of chaos to your definition of angels.  Are you saying Athena would be like a ray of your own light?

Not quite. She's not a servitor I constructed but an already established archetype that I commune with and admire.

Think of it this way;

Chaos = Yahweh.
Greek Gods (Athena) = Angels

Think of Yahweh as the Sun and Angels as solar flares.
Think of Chaos like the Cosmos and Gods as Planets.
There is the One Big Thing and Other Small Things.

Or,

Within Qabalistic Myth, Yahweh (maybe it's Ain Soph Aur) was First and is Last, the Angels reside between those temporal spheres.
In the case of Greek Mythology, Khaos was First and is Last, and the Gods reside between those temporal spheres.

Athena is simply an extension in a structured and functional conscious form stemming from an abstract void.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:36:26 PM by Mind_Bender »
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

July 08, 2014, 01:31:32 AM
Reply #24

Enchia

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
For six years i traveled with them sometimes to go my own way for a year or so, and when that house of cards came crashing down, so did my entire religion, my way of life, my meaning and purpose was gone with nothing left except what i am and what i have done.

I'll pick it up from here. It seems like that because of these circumstances you where left in a void, so to speak. Perhaps you could try and find something new that fits your new position. So I would advise to start reading all sort of sources on theology, philosophy, literature and such to get inspired again. What might also be very helpful is to rephrase the question from "What is the purpose of life" to " what is my purpose to my life". This can be a very exciting and trilling journey and also a bit scary if you don't find what you are looking for right away. But as said a wellspring of fresh ideas might help you on you journey so go read, visit seminars, talk to people, visit veritas chatroom or just pm individual members and see what you find and remember that Rome wasn't build in one day.

July 08, 2014, 12:13:44 PM
Reply #25

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
Rayn; Really that's what i have always done as well. For me its like losing the will to even do so because i become consumned by my own mind.
My youtube channel

July 08, 2014, 03:36:41 PM
Reply #26

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
i become consumned by my own mind.

Is there anything you do that stops this? The mind can be naturally depressive, and tends to attract negative emotions along with its downward trajectory, which can very quickly spiral out of control. If you have any way of noticing when this starts happening and stopping it or reversing it, you should hone that ability at every possible opportunity.

As for the God thing, I'll agree with Enchia. Read philosophy, mythology, anything inspiring, and look within yourself to find your own way again, something that stirs your soul. It doesn't have to be God - it just needs to be an idea powerful enough to break the momentum of ennui/weltschmerz/aporia.

Best of luck to you, please keep us updated.
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate

July 08, 2014, 06:29:37 PM
Reply #27

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
 Estatikos; Its a result of deep introspection. Ive been considering working on my astral progection and looking into the ether for the answers i seek.
My youtube channel

July 08, 2014, 06:30:33 PM
Reply #28

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Sounds like you have an issue with obsessive thoughts. Might want to get a psyche check up just to be safe. Do such never hurts.

July 14, 2014, 06:08:40 AM
Reply #29

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
Happy birthday today supa, and many happy returns! I hope everything is still going well?

Btw, it is said that doing some extra spiritual work on your birthday is a great boon, since it can set a precedent for the coming year, so work hard ok? ^^

Enjoy!
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate