Author Topic: The Ultimate Defense Against Any Weapon  (Read 15081 times)

August 13, 2014, 04:59:26 AM
Reply #15

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
Sorry to jump in  between an actual discussion, but since this thread is still going, I have to post this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piWCBOsJr-w The Ultimate Self-Defense Against Fruit course

~Steve
LOL evidently the ultimate defense against any weapon is a gun-just dont be holding a bananna..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

August 13, 2014, 08:05:01 AM
Reply #16

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate

August 13, 2014, 08:41:09 AM
Reply #17

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
And remember, never give up!

No one is allowed to post black knight from the holy grail.... without showing the rabbit as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvs5pqf-DMA

August 13, 2014, 05:08:48 PM
Reply #18

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
I personally wasn't speaking of belief in the context of a philosophical paradigm overlay like religion, i was speaking about it in the context of confidence.  Though you are right about it not being necessary to function, it is necessary to develop it to the fullest extent, i believe. (there it is again lol)  And so it is required to achieve a balanced practice.

Confidence is a better word to use, and makes more sense. Confidence is necessary to an extent, or at least an absence of poor confidence, because in that regard autosuggestion will become a huge factor. There is a difference between "I can't do this!" and "I'm going to try some experiments with this thing I'm uncertain about, so lets see what happens."

I am also trying to say that; even though belief is a great part of all the factors that are put together to create psi actions, there is much more to it. I really do believe that without personal belief that this phenomena is possible, controlled psi phenomena and development is close to if not completely impossible because you cannot form potent expectation without belief.  Don't get me wrong, i agree that it is not necessary for it to happen, but for you to be able to control it, it is.
        In case studies where researchers were doubtful of the success of its participants and made sure to express this to the participants beforehand, the results were significantly lower, the RNG machines did not deviate much from chance, in the gansfield experiments, their hits were also significantly lower because their expectations had been affected. ( i know its not spelled gansfield but one of these keyboard buttons does not work)

I really would like to see somebody that has excelled in psi without believing that they could do it.

I think there's a certain difference between "personal belief" and what you are describing. The experiments you mention sound like they were influenced more by the principles of hypnosis and suggestion than by some metaphysical power of belief.

The majority of the time, I have no inherent beliefs regarding psionics, or much of my other practices (presently, the only place that I really utilize "belief" is in my Northern beliefs). I practiced it, and I still do, simply because it works. I can scan something and mentally retrieve information, or Ground and Center to recover my internal harmony when I need to. These things just work -- a practice done, a result gained. Which is why I said confidence is perhaps a better word to use -- a martial artist needs to be confident that his punch will hit, this is a natural fact. But does he need to belief that his punch will hit, or does he just need to know that his training is good enough, that he is moving correctly, and that his punch will hit? A street punk may believe he will hit the martial artist, but will the martial artist prove to be simply more skilled?

Eh, I'm probably over complicating it a little to try to find a way to explain the point. I just disagree that belief, in its common meaning, is a necessary factor for metaphysical practice; even if it has its uses as an overlay.

Sorry to jump in  between an actual discussion, but since this thread is still going, I have to post this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piWCBOsJr-w The Ultimate Self-Defense Against Fruit course

~Steve

You are forgiven. Now, I'm going to drop a bomb on the recent comments.

I've never watched a Monty movie. Any suggestions on where to start?  :P

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

August 14, 2014, 03:24:57 AM
Reply #19

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
No one is allowed to post black knight from the holy grail.... without showing the rabbit as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvs5pqf-DMA

Ahaha yes I'd almost forgotten about that  :D

I've never watched a Monty movie. Any suggestions on where to start?  :P

I think Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a good place to start Shin, it's certainly my favourite Python movie. Though if you want to go chronologically, And Now for Something Completely Different was their first film, followed by Holy Grail.
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate