Author Topic: A Method of Prayer - Flame of Divine Love  (Read 6908 times)

January 15, 2014, 11:23:29 PM
Read 6908 times

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I use this prayer sequence every morning and evening. It is for devotional purposes, but it also lends healing energy. When I first started praying I felt heat in my hands and later in my feet and always feel lighter and more positive.

Note: this is adapted from an Anglican Rosary prayer called the Transfiguration Prayer that utilizes the archetype of Christ as Divine Love, but of course you can use any prayers that fit your paradigm that goes along with the basic sequence.

Step 1: Opening and Closing Prayer

Sign of the Cross (or Qabalistic Cross)
Hail Mary 3x (Vocalized, Whispering, Mental - this works the physical, energetic and mental bodies respectively, one time each for a total of 3).

Remember to breathe to get the full effect of the prayer. For example;

Inhale and comfortably fill your body with Divine Light (switch between gold and white per sessions to balance the masculine/feminine, solar/lunar currents) and exhale, 'In the name of...'

Inhale Divine Light, exhale, 'the Father-Son...'

Inhale Divine Light, exhale, 'and Holy Spirit.'

Inhale Divine Light, exhale, 'Amen.'

Step 2: Opening Yourself to Divine Love

With your hands in prayer position at your heart (Anjali mudra in Hinduism, Gassho in Buddhism - palm heels and finger tips comfortably together, elbows down relaxing at your sides).

"Open our eyes, O Christ, that we may see you," and feel your third eye become aware of Christ/Krishna/Great Mystery.

"Open our ears, O Christ, that we may hear you," and feel your ears open to the Choir of Divinity.

"Open our hearts, O Christ, that we may love you," and feel your heart expand Great Love.

"Open our hands, O Christ, that we may serve you," and feel heat or healing energy emit from your hands.

"Open our feet, O Christ, that we may walk beside you," and feel heat or healing energy emit from your feet.

"Let your Light so shine through us, O Christ, that all may see your face and recieve your transfiguring Love. Amen," and feel your entire being filled with healing and Divine Light.

"Stir up in us the Flame of Love, the All Consuming Fire. Amen." Repeat once for each Chakra, starting at the Muladhra, or Root, Chakra, at the groin area.

"Grant us, O Christ, the Lamp of Charity that never fails and let is burn in us and shine on those around us," once again feeling your entire being, within and without, filled with Divine Love and healing energy.

"The Lord (Christ/Krishna/Great Mystery) blesses us and keeps us. The Lord shines his face upon us and graces us. The Lord lifts up his countenance and gives us peace. Amen." Let this feeling of peace, Faith and Grace consume you for a moment.

Recite one of each in the given order:
Hail Mary
Our Father (Lord's Prayer)
Glory Be

Finish with Step 1.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

January 16, 2014, 11:50:30 AM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Divine Love, or Christ Consciousness since Christ is the main Western archetype of Divine Love.

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

January 16, 2014, 10:33:51 PM
Reply #2

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
It's just an example of a prayer I use. To put it another way:

There is an Opening Prayer that aligns you with your Divine Source, in this case I use Mother Mary as the Divine Feminine and the Sign of the Cross as it calls forth the power of the Trinity, which, with different names, is found in diverse cultures.

Next is the Body of the Prayer, which calls forth your intention, in this case Divine Fire, and since I opened with a Christian prayer, I continue by calling upon Christ, the Flame of Love.

Then comes the Action of the Prayer which is fueling your being with Divine Fire, where you recite the same prayer seven times to enflame your Chakras.

The Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be helps solidify your prayer within your consciousness, and finally the Closing which, well, declares the end of the prayer.

You can be eclectic with it by a simple method of changing the prayers to fit your paradigm, but sticking with the basic outline of calling forth your ideal of Absolute Godhead, stating your intent, using a prayer to solidify your intent then closing to let your consciousness return to the waking world or enter a deep meditation.

Since you used Asatru as an example, you would call forth Freyja (Divine Mother) to open, then ask Thor (Divine Son) to open your being to his wisdom, call forth Runes to empower your energy system, or use an incantation to Mjolnir since it represents Thor's power, then solidify the intent with different prayers to Thor or Runic incantation that represents aspects of Thor that relate to your over all prayer, give thanks by giving a prayer to Odin (the Father), another prayer to Freyja, then a prayer that gives thanks to their power as a Divine Family or to Odin's Triple Aspect, then end with your opening prayer's to Freyja as a final act of devotion.

There is no dissonence since you are not adding Freyja's name to the Hail Mary. It's an act of devotion to your ideal aspect of Divine Love and not at all mixing and matching paradigms, since the prayers that you change the names to fit your ideal are not traditional prayers so no breaking of tradition is happening. Your not performing the Sign of the Cross as the Sign of the Hammer, or exchanging the Lord with Odin, you are adapting the method to the words to fit your comfort zone. In other words, instead of using the Sign of the Cross you can use the Triple Aspect of Maiden-Mother-Crone, recite Calling Down the Moon instead of Hail Mary, recite an elemental chant instead of 'Open our eyes...,' recite the Call of the Horned God instead of our Father, and call forth the Three Magics or Powers of Earth-Self-Divine instead of Glory Be.

It may not seem like it from my earlier posts when I first joined, but I have deep respect and love for the Holy Trinity and pray with complete conviction in the power of the Holy Spirit and the Trinity. And no, I am not a Biblical adherent, but I also don't belive the Bible owns Christ's Love for the world, it is only one book of wisdom out of thousands of such Divine Scripture, so I offered this prayer to those that have the same conviction in God's Love no matter what mask they use to devote themselves to.

January 17, 2014, 04:07:48 PM
Reply #3

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Certain Catholics and Christians see Mary as the Divine Mother, such as my local Mission who are under the edict of the Vatican. I may wrong about Thor, oh well, I'm not Asatru and was giving an example, so that's my mistake.

You cook with pots and pans, oils and food - the ingredients themselves are not mixed, as cooking in itself follws fairly universal principles such as organize and put together delicious ingredients and cook. Whether your cooking Greek, Hispanic or Asian food you use the same principles I just mentioned with no cross cultural ingredients added in, making the dish still traditional and away from non-traditional ingredients.

If you don't like it, don't use it. If it is offensive, I'm sorry to those it may offend, but I wrote it out of love and service for those that may want a method of prayer. This is a process that helps me better myself and I just wanted to share it. Sorry if it offends your intellectual musings.

January 27, 2014, 02:02:38 PM
Reply #4

Shadowx089

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
As for methods of prayer. I feel that the only true method is to think about what you are praying too.

Once you understand why you are praying and to what.

Talk to it as you would anyone. - In most regard we assume it hears our thoughts so actual physical voice isn't required.

If you fail to achieve what is proper for what you are praying towards. Then you fail to be a follower of what you pray towards.
Comfort of the Lord, comforted by God.
If nothing existed but the Source and the Source - Created everything - Is the Creation from the Source? - If the Creation can behold intelligence - Then does the Source also have intelligence? - After all - The Source was far more than its Creation.

January 27, 2014, 04:41:01 PM
Reply #5

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Have faith in and love what you pray to and they will be answered. I just gave the speech, whisper and silent methods to give an example of the different vibrations that one might feel. I usually pray in silence, though, and still get the same effects because faith and feeling is more important than the words.

January 30, 2014, 02:32:28 PM
Reply #6

Mars

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Radonis
    • View Profile
As for methods of prayer. I feel that the only true method is to think about what you are praying too.

Once you understand why you are praying and to what.

Talk to it as you would anyone. - In most regard we assume it hears our thoughts so actual physical voice isn't required.

If you fail to achieve what is proper for what you are praying towards. Then you fail to be a follower of what you pray towards.

I agree but I like this method sometimes it helps to say these things, because in your head if your as crazy as I sometimes what I say gets jumbled up and gets frustrating, its one reason why I meditate 2 hours a night because supposedly having aspergers syndrome I have a problem with always focusing on the little details and over thinking things. Sometimes just saying the thing clears your head. I know that sounds crazy lol...
Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -CS Lewis
Cultivation to the mind is as necessary as food to the body. - Marcus T Cicero

January 30, 2014, 05:03:39 PM
Reply #7

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
According to Mantra Yoga you start your chants spoken in a loud clear voice for the very purpose of focusing on the physical vibration of the words. It helps silence the mind chatter and develops tactile sensation of the mantra/prayer and is very effective for a wandering mind. I' ve got a very loud mind!  :biggrin: When this is easy enough you quiet down to a whisper where the energy becomes more subtle in sensation and the prayer deepens to working on the subtle energies of the body. The final level is for the advanced practitioner where the mind is serene and the chant is more felt and intuitively understood. When I pray silently, it's more of the second version where I whisper the prayer. I'm really only silent in deep meditation, which some may consider listening to God/dess and speaking is asking God/dess for something. Silence is also a way to give thanks for the blessings the Divine has given you by appreciation of the moment.

January 31, 2014, 08:55:29 AM
Reply #8

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Hold firmly in your mind what you desire, and ask for it in faith. The words need not be spoken.

Direct magick at it's finest.