Author Topic: Life Wisdom / Motivation  (Read 3994 times)

December 19, 2013, 07:28:06 PM
Read 3994 times

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
My spiritual philosophy is very simple - be good to other people, make your world a little better every day, and become the best version of you that you can be. It's cheesy but regardless of the nuances of objective spiritual truth, I find that this philosophy carries people pretty far. The fuel behind my motivation to live and succeed is inspired by positive messages in images, music, books, and people. You can find inspiration anywhere, really. This is a thread to share things that are uplifting, motivational, and inspiring. Here's a YouTube video that I recently watched that pushed me into taking a positive risk in my life:

You're Supposed to Fail

Enjoy!
“I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.”

December 20, 2013, 08:31:26 AM
Reply #1

Mars

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Radonis
    • View Profile
Nice vidya , Thanks for sharing :)

-“Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.”.! - Bruce Lee

"Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error."
Marcus Tullius Cicero
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 08:39:17 AM by Mars »
Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -CS Lewis
Cultivation to the mind is as necessary as food to the body. - Marcus T Cicero

December 24, 2013, 09:17:19 PM
Reply #2

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I just found this artist. This is for anybody that has a kind heart yet seems the world crushes them for it, or in times of weakness when life gets the best of us. It's a song by Kat Goldman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kZUEh644sQ

This next video is just happy and the artist, Lindsey Stirling, despite what 'America's Got Talent' judges said, she continued to follow her dreams and now she is a YouTube sensation with sold out venues around the world and a gold record. The next song (same artist) is a Christmas song and the pianist is a self-taught prodigy that is blind (Beethoven, anybody?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxIOUJ7by6U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozVmO5LHJ2k  :santa:
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

December 25, 2013, 04:22:42 PM
Reply #3

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Ah, love these links and quotes. Here's a video of Oprah turning her positive thoughts into billions of dollars worth of success.

"But there's no question, if the energy and vibration frequency is correct with what is to come your way, that there is a space that you create that allows that to happen."

December 27, 2013, 01:34:02 AM
Reply #4

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
"Hip-hop isn't about who's the best, but what you do when you have the mic." Ali Tomineek

"We all know people we respect because they dare to step outside the norm, yet we often don't allow ourselves the same liberty […] 'Spontaneous Me' is about having the courage to love yourself for who you are."

"To transcend means not only to endure adversity but to overcome it an become better as a result of the experience […] I am stronger as a result of my trials."

"By being negative and thinking negative thoughts, we are causing meaningless patterns to form in our bodies, but when we feel, think, and say uplifting things and believe in ourselves, we literally create inner beauty." (Referring to Dr. Masaru Emoto's water experiments)

"One of my favorite poems is Mia Angelou's 'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.' In this poem, a bird stares out of its cage enviously looking at the world outside. More than anything, it wants to be like the other birds - to soar in the open skies, and bask in the sinlight. After futile attempts to escape, it realizes that it will never be able to get out of its cage. It will never be able to fly, but eventually it learns that it can sing. By singing, it brings joy to everyone nearby, and in the process it finds happiness itself." Lindsey Stirling

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

December 27, 2013, 06:32:00 PM
Reply #5

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Maya Angelou is everything! Today I've pretty much done nothing but read about Rumi and his poetry. The fact that he wrote all of the things I'm reading 700 years ago is blowing my mind. I just found a page full of one-lined gems right here.

“Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.”
“When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”
“Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure.”
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”

You can Google a lot of his actual poetry, but if you're lazy, click here.

December 27, 2013, 07:14:31 PM
Reply #6

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I only ever heard of Marie Angelou through Lindsey Stirling and only read that one poem! It is a good poem, and honestly, I have a hard time finding written poetry I like, so it was a nice surprise, especially being 'suggested' by one of my favorite musicians.

Rumi is great! I have a collection of Rumi poems. His idea of God as the Beloved influenced my idea of the Divine as Love. There is nothing but Love.

In the spirit of Rumi and Divine Love, here is a quote from a Slam Poet, Kataalyst Alcindor (the poem is called 'As the Clouds Do' and can be found on YouTube).

"And I ask God, 'How do you get rid of pain?' God says, 'Do as the clouds do. Cry and move forward.'"

December 27, 2013, 07:28:36 PM
Reply #7

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Wow, that's crazy. This is why everyone loves Lindsey Stirling. Also, I'm on page 20 of the Rumi quotation page I just linked to.

As far Maya Angelou goes - she is an incredibly wise soul. This video of her gives me chills every time.

December 27, 2013, 10:47:34 PM
Reply #8

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Oh, she didn't actually suggest the poem, that's why I quoted 'suggest.' Sorry for the confusion! I got the quote from her CD cover.
I did meet her last year at Faerieworld's, though, and she is so kind (and talented live). It is easy to talk to her... she's famous without the ego. That's also why I am a huge fan of hers.

Ooh, that video is good!