Author Topic: The Silent Knowledge  (Read 3063 times)

September 28, 2013, 05:04:04 PM
Read 3063 times

somnium

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Anyone can tap into the silent knowledge. It is an awareness that knows all things because it is one with all things. This oneness can give us answers that we normally would not have because we realize our oneness with the source of all life. For many people the silent knowledge has been blocked by the ego's perception of separation and individuality. In other words the ego spends too much time holding the ball, and thinking of itself. We think we already have all the answers and have developed no way to listen to sources outside of our own egos. The silent knowledge can be seen as a telepathic link that provides knowledge and answers and can guide an individual to accomplish anything. This is done because of our link to the environment and every living being. The silent knowledge is like a channel of all knowing awareness. It is a voice of seeing because it sees and knows how to accomplish what you are seeking. It already has the answers. The first step in developing a clear link to silent knowledge is to intend one, and then become aware that all things are one and interconnected. Energy can be perceived directly and awareness can be attained. All the answers are within everything around us. Some people possess a clear link already and as such have great insights, and knowingness, success and ability. It can be said that they are more intuitive and even observant than most. they have a voice, or a link inside of them that guides them and bestows to them answers and awareness. We all have the ability to see energy directly, so that we can see, but many have invested their focus into their egos, and their self-importance. Removing the focus from our individual importance and our egos naturally leaves more energy to be free and directed accordingly. Once the link to our ego dissolves more awareness is free to witness this connection to all things, and the awareness that it can bestow. Most don't realize just how much of our attention is invested in the ego and the self-importance we possess. When one takes back this energy attention is free to focus on other sources, including the true energy that is before us. It has been said that all the answers are within us, and we have all that we need. and i tend to agree, however first we need to rid ourselves of the fixation we have to our own individuality and our self importance. The ego.

It would be nice if there were a magical teaching that stated that work on eradicating the ego is not needed, and that all we need to do is think that it was true. But sadly for the average person our ego is developed and very self-important. It spends most of our energy reaffirming itself, strengthening itself, and telling us how great we are. It positions itself to be better than most people. It takes a great amount of work to derail self-importance, for it is a habitual process that is well ingrained into most people. It takes self-awareness and rehabituating. It means watching yourself and reforming the energy that is so accustomed to us. One with no self-importance has no need to waste energy defending their opinions and does not care if someone does not like them. they don't need to protect their precious self. A good place to start is to realize just how small we are in the grand scheme of infinity. We only have so much energy, so much attention to give to ourself, and the world around us, and spending it in ego is wasteful. Once the energy starts to be diverted it flows through new channels and pathways, into areas like silent knowledge, seeing energy directly, and new awareness. In one school of thought our mind upholds the world we live in, our attention is the essence of time, this means that our thoughts and our awareness is responsible for the world we perceive. By changing that awareness, and by changing your thoughts you can effect change in the world. Your awareness dictates your perceptions, they are like a link. The energy needed for this sorcery of the mindscape is trapped in self-importance, sustaining just how great we are and how much we think we know. It creates rigidity in our awareness, because we think we know of everything. This makes stagnant energy, and locks our perception into the normal everyday world. The energy needed to break that mold to perceive new things is tied up in the ego. Forget what you think you know about the world, and open your horizons to something beyond yourself. Become small so that you may grow. Become humble so you may be open to learn.

September 28, 2013, 05:29:39 PM
Reply #1

Mars

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Radonis
    • View Profile
True, but isn't ego not entirely a bad thing ? if we had no ego would we lose ourselves ? If we place no importance on our self we can neglect our selves, I think we need to balance our ego with others, to view everyone else as important as yourself, equals in all aspects but weaker and better in many others sort of anyway ?

What do you think ?
Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -CS Lewis
Cultivation to the mind is as necessary as food to the body. - Marcus T Cicero

September 28, 2013, 07:31:26 PM
Reply #2

somnium

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Well everyone has the same potential, but not everyone lives up to it. We all make different choices, and different acceptances.

I think the most important pursuit is that of freedom. When all of our energy thinks it knows everything and defends and constantly upholds what it knows then we miss out on what we do not know, and what we can not see. We take for granted that life is more than what we know it is. We miss out on so many things because our energy is fixated in our beliefs. It is the ego that upholds those beliefs.

I am not saying to neglect the self, that would be silly. But we can take care of ourselves without so much self-importance, and so much self-indulgence. Without so much mind chatter getting in the way. We can, with practice, perceive the world as energy directly, without our judgements and egotistical nature.  When the mind is silent it can listen to, and observe, the silent knowledge that is all around us. This knowledge can lead us anywhere.

September 28, 2013, 07:48:48 PM
Reply #3

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Good or bad, it was your ego that wrote that artical. Egomania and egocentric behaviour is harmful but ego is the conscience self. Like you said, it's getting stuck in selfish thought and action that brings harm, but those are the negative aspects of ego similar to how demons are the negative aspects of spirituality and angels the positive.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

September 29, 2013, 10:33:18 AM
Reply #4

somnium

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Good or bad, it was your ego that wrote that artical. Egomania and egocentric behaviour is harmful but ego is the conscience self. Like you said, it's getting stuck in selfish thought and action that brings harm, but those are the negative aspects of ego similar to how demons are the negative aspects of spirituality and angels the positive.

I am not referring to the definition of the ego being the entire consciousness. Like, imo, most teachers refer to the ego as being the false self, or the negative aspects of self-importance and self-indulgence.

September 29, 2013, 11:23:46 AM
Reply #5

Mars

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Radonis
    • View Profile
Ahhh I understand now!
Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -CS Lewis

September 29, 2013, 01:31:52 PM
Reply #6

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I am not referring to the definition of the ego being the entire consciousness. Like, imo, most teachers refer to the ego as being the false self, or the negative aspects of self-importance and self-indulgence.

I get that, but that is what your ego is, self-consciousness- who you are and what you do. What I was trying to get across was that what you are referring to is egomania and egocentricity, aspects of ego but not ego itself. I like the post and I agree, but calling the ego itself bad is a misunderstanding of the term through a mystic lense.

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

September 30, 2013, 12:00:51 AM
Reply #7

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

False-self, hmmm :). I think you wouldn't probably like the true-self right about now, the dissolution is actually a pretty scary experience, especially when you finally realize that it doesn't get you rid of some distant unknown false-ego, it gets you rid of you, of your individuality.

October 01, 2013, 07:52:06 AM
Reply #8

Shadowx089

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Ugh, the fact that nobody has named this correctly is bugging me....Theres

(Insert actual Name or Philosophy this is)

So somnium where did you get this information from, it doubtful you constructed this out of pure thought but possible. But there is already been extensive research on this subject an the The ID, The Ego, The SuperEgo.

I Just forget what this whole thing is actually called.

I know idealism is mixed in with this some how.   

If anyone can pull this research up it would be much appropriate to the conversation if its not already on the forum.

I remember people calling this as a form or realization of tapping into ultimate knowledge and that some would call it the knowledge of God. Its just open and waiting for people to link with it on the subject that they are trying to find answers for. This also gets mixed with intuition and things like Gut Feelings like how do you know your in danger and feel like someone watching you even though you haven't seen anything.
Comfort of the Lord, comforted by God.
If nothing existed but the Source and the Source - Created everything - Is the Creation from the Source? - If the Creation can behold intelligence - Then does the Source also have intelligence? - After all - The Source was far more than its Creation.

October 01, 2013, 07:55:29 AM
Reply #9

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Shadowx089: Maybe because it's actually not a philosophy, but a psychology? Freud?

October 01, 2013, 12:18:21 PM
Reply #10

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Freuds triple ego is not the same as what somnium is talking about. The id is the animal instinct, the ego the self as we know it and the super ego is our moral compass. Somnium is coming from a very ascetic viewpoint mainly found in temple like structures and from devout mystics ready to, literally, give life and limb for enlightenment and spiritual ecstacy. There body and desires mean absolutely nothing to them and wait for the moment enlightenment strikes or the celestials lift them to the heavens and beyond. Of course, this is a desire founded by the ego but since the ego is evil it's obviously a higher force guiding them...

The ego in mystical terms is considered evil because it is directly tied to the human and unenlightened consciousness. It is a humanly self-hating and self-destructive path for the glory of a lofty goal, at least to the personal self. Maya, illusion, is evil and full of ignorance and poision and humans and our material existence are a product of this Maya. Maya to Buddhists and Hindus is like Satan to the Christians.

October 01, 2013, 08:59:52 PM
Reply #11

somnium

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Most of what i have written is from silent knowledge. The original teaching that connected me with silent knowledge stems from an ancient toltec tradition. Sorcery.

November 02, 2013, 04:40:50 AM
Reply #12

M

• View Profile
This subject is something I have some trouble grasping. Luckily I stumbled upon this forum and tread.

I have been working a lot lately with allowing my True-self (or soul) to come into my experience. I let every experience I have just be without adding any judgement or labeling. This often lasts for only a second or two when people are around but when I am alone I can stretch it longer.

I also look at every thought that comes into my head and try to see how it is strengthening my Ego. E.g, I order tea but I get coffee. Now my Ego needs to be right and I will think "that waiter is stupid, he can't even get my order right". This makes my Ego feel superior to the waiter, making the Ego stronger.

In the beginning I would have many such thoughts but they have slowed down now. When I get one I just laugh at myself for being silly. There could be a million reasons why I got coffee and not tea but none of them makes me superior to the waiter.

The example is very extreme but there are many small thoughts like this all the time and I stop them, sometimes even before they happen. Which has made me feel great as I am becoming really happy without all the negative thoughts.

But now I have started noticing that even positive thoughts strengthens the Ego and I am trying to cut them out too. This has made me worried as what would be left if there are no thoughts at all and only the so called True-self left? So I did some research and most of people who reach this state of mind just sits around all day in some monastery or cave.

But is this really the point of life? If I was meant to just sit around all day meditating why wasn't I reborn as rock or a tree? I am starting to feel that humans are meant to live physical lives and the Ego is part of this. Without the Ego how can I experience joy and happiness? Without the body how can I experience any physical pleasure? On the other hand maybe this is just the Ego trying to lure  me back into its grip.

My current model is that the Ego is like a window that the True-self shines true. And that the Ego is needed for me to live my life as a human on this earth. But the Ego should not be in control and the Ego is fluid and is changing all the time.

I hope this makes sense. And I would like to know what you think about this? Should I continue with reducing my Ego or is there a better way?

November 02, 2013, 01:31:45 PM
Reply #13

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
But is this really the point of life? If I was meant to just sit around all day meditating why wasn't I reborn as rock or a tree? I am starting to feel that humans are meant to live physical lives and the Ego is part of this. Without the Ego how can I experience joy and happiness? Without the body how can I experience any physical pleasure? On the other hand maybe this is just the Ego trying to lure  me back into its grip.

Realize your ego is there and accept it. Don't give too much thought into other people's expressions of ego, because that all it is, an expression from a subjective view point. Claiming that the ego is evil is like saying sugar is evil- it's not good in massive quantities or for certain blood types but in small dosages it can be quite rewarding and fulfilling. Eliminating your ego is just eliminating a part of yourself and meditations to annihilate the ego are in essence slightly suicidal since you are in reality killing a part of you that is there because of necessity. Ego is the base intellectual-emotional aspect of survival and those that have turned away from their ego- Saints, Monks, etc- are because they serve something beyond themselves; their physical body and Earthly life isn't all that important to them, it is merely a vessel for a divine/higher spiritual cause or being.

If you want to live a life of Divine Service than let go of your ego and find a monastery or cave to cultivate in (honestly), but if you are like me and most others on a spiritual journey (not trying to become a servant just a better all around person) a little ego goes a long way and no ego makes you chump, in service of other peoples narrow views. I think spirituality for the common folk- everyone not of a zealot dogma or monastic life- is about containing the ego and making it an aspect of your self in a fun and contained way.

The union of Body, Mind and Spirit- for me- is not a nullification of ego as preachers of different paths say but a cultivation of the ego to serve you, your loved ones and your cause, be it spiritual or mundane.

WIthout ego, seriously, why not just be born as a tree or rock!

November 02, 2013, 03:21:54 PM
Reply #14

Mars

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Radonis
    • View Profile
But is this really the point of life? If I was meant to just sit around all day meditating why wasn't I reborn as rock or a tree? I am starting to feel that humans are meant to live physical lives and the Ego is part of this. Without the Ego how can I experience joy and happiness? Without the body how can I experience any physical pleasure? On the other hand maybe this is just the Ego trying to lure  me back into its grip.

Realize your ego is there and accept it. Don't give too much thought into other people's expressions of ego, because that all it is, an expression from a subjective view point. Claiming that the ego is evil is like saying sugar is evil- it's not good in massive quantities or for certain blood types but in small dosages it can be quite rewarding and fulfilling. Eliminating your ego is just eliminating a part of yourself and meditations to annihilate the ego are in essence slightly suicidal since you are in reality killing a part of you that is there because of necessity. Ego is the base intellectual-emotional aspect of survival and those that have turned away from their ego- Saints, Monks, etc- are because they serve something beyond themselves; their physical body and Earthly life isn't all that important to them, it is merely a vessel for a divine/higher spiritual cause or being.

If you want to live a life of Divine Service than let go of your ego and find a monastery or cave to cultivate in (honestly), but if you are like me and most others on a spiritual journey (not trying to become a servant just a better all around person) a little ego goes a long way and no ego makes you chump, in service of other peoples narrow views. I think spirituality for the common folk- everyone not of a zealot dogma or monastic life- is about containing the ego and making it an aspect of your self in a fun and contained way.

The union of Body, Mind and Spirit- for me- is not a nullification of ego as preachers of different paths say but a cultivation of the ego to serve you, your loved ones and your cause, be it spiritual or mundane.

WIthout ego, seriously, why not just be born as a tree or rock!

You don't have to let go of your ego if you want to serve God if you believe in him, just learn to control it, I'm pretty sure if he exists, he created us as individuals for a reason. I don't see why he would give us ego's and personalities just to wash them away. Just manage your ego effectively, and be the best you can be at what you do :)  (Nihil Nishi Bonum) Only the Best will Do! / Do nothing if not good!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:35:26 PM by Mars »