Author Topic: My theory: Soul, Body, Mind / NDE's  (Read 6947 times)

September 20, 2013, 05:10:42 AM
Read 6947 times

Mars

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Radonis
    • View Profile
    So here is my theory on the soul the mind and the body, and I'll try to adress some reasons why I think we experience OBE's ,NDE's and other such things with it. I am by no means calling myself an expert I just hope some could elaborate or share their theories correct some of my errors.

So we have a average human being what are they made up from a spiritual/psionic perspective ?
    1. Soul -The energetic/non-energetic spiritual being that makes us outside our body our immortal component.
    2. Mind - sometimes seen as a byproduct of our Soul or rather the thing controlling our soul.
    3. Aura - Our energetic field that manifests spiritually mainly sometimes slightly physically.
    4. Concioussness  - I speak of this biologically as our biological brain function.
    5. Body - - biological vessel which we reside in.

So if our soul is an immaterial object outside our body on a different plane, then why do we feel and focus and think in this vessel ? Well imagine the human body as a container for the soul and the mind I'll make little distinction here because in some buddhist sects the mind is above the soul or apart of it. The body is very much like a vehicle or car. Imagine if you were born in a car, and the first thing you learnt to drive was a car then what would your perspective be ? It would seem like the car was apart of you if you could not get out or nobody ever told you how?

If we are a soul outside our body, how does it drive the car? the soul is in the car just not on this plane, and it connects to our mind via some kind of tunnel between realities. Imagine your third eye or concious is the center of your perception and your perception is directed into the car, through its window and dashboard. Our eyes and senses I would imagine. When your driving a car, you focus little else on the dashboard and window and the wheels and the steering wheel. Our mind manipulates this inside our concioussness which manipulates our body and senses.

Why when we die do we see the tunnel of light and we see things after we our clinically unconcious and dead ?
    Imagine that when we die, we have been forcibly removed from our physical vessel, it can be a quite traumatic experience or rather a peaceful one as our body no longer has the strength to maintain our mind. Most secular doctors say when your brain-dead your unconcious and you cannot percieve anything within known science, yet many OBE's / NDE's occur when you are clinically dead ? Why because your conciouss does perish but your mind and soul do not, they are then using extrasensory perception to percieve things. Rather your "third eye" or the perception of your soul/mind is focused from itself and not through a medium like a body(sort of like a lightning rod conducting electricity our body conducts the focus of our mind)

The tunnel like effect is the experience of our mind uploading information and itself back into the perspective of the soul. Our aura follows round the soul, some may be left behind on death a small fraction, thats essentially my theory.

Of course I have little evidence for it and I don't believe it may be fully true but that is my decided opinion so far. Is there any constructive critism ?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 05:14:33 AM by Mars »
Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -CS Lewis
Cultivation to the mind is as necessary as food to the body. - Marcus T Cicero

September 20, 2013, 01:09:02 PM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Good theory.

I personally see conscsiousness as the 'over soul' that governs all aspects of self and experience, including the most mundane thoughts to kinetic ability.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

September 20, 2013, 09:20:03 PM
Reply #2

The magicist

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Interesting. I think I pretty much agree with all of it except for:
4. Concioussness  - I speak of this biologically as our biological brain function.
Do not become comfortable with the purposeless pattern of everyday life, for the life of Piety is full of adventure.
Do not indulge in morbid or otherwise abhorrent thoughts, for a mindset of Mysticism confers a far superior pleasure.
Do not fear to sacrifice a small good to accomplish a larger one, for the ends justify the means.
Do not obsess with material things, for only the immaterial exis

September 21, 2013, 12:07:05 PM
Reply #3

Mars

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Radonis
    • View Profile
Interesting. I think I pretty much agree with all of it except for:
4. Concioussness  - I speak of this biologically as our biological brain function.

Yeah, its just I was mixing scientific terms with psionics terms. Scientifically our Consciousness is just a collection of our biological functions.
But yeah I see where your coming from, what specifically would you define as consciousness. maybe it would work If i swapped mind with consciousness
Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -CS Lewis

September 21, 2013, 06:09:51 PM
Reply #4

The magicist

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Quote from: Mars
Scientifically our Consciousness is just a collection of our biological functions.
Do you mean that scientific truth is different from psionic truth? Or do you mean that science only allegedly says that?
maybe it would work If i swapped mind with consciousness.
My objection would be the same. Consider the following:
1) If our eyes had been designed differently, the same pixels could be the same color but be perceived as a different image, and thus convey a different meaning. That is, the image itself would be the same but suggest a completely different idea. The same principle applies to other physical things used to convey meanings.
2) Therefore the meaning of physical structures is not inherent to them, but is rather something we assign in our interpretations. Physical things don't have intrinsic intentionality.
3) Things of the mind, however, aren't like that. Everything about them in inherent to them. Consider my belief that this argument is valid. Its intentionality is obviously inherent.
4) Therefore mental things can't be reduced to physical things, the relevance being that consciousness can't be reduced to biological brain functions.
Do not become comfortable with the purposeless pattern of everyday life, for the life of Piety is full of adventure.
Do not indulge in morbid or otherwise abhorrent thoughts, for a mindset of Mysticism confers a far superior pleasure.
Do not fear to sacrifice a small good to accomplish a larger one, for the ends justify the means.

September 21, 2013, 08:11:28 PM
Reply #5

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
My idea of consciousness stems from the Chakra system- (from groin to crown)- Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Ether, Consciousness, Divinity. As each Chakra is opened we become masters over those aspects (Siddhis) such as physical immortality of a completely open and working Muladhara (Root Chakra, literally means 'root' or 'base') or the ability to move your sensual perception across matter, energy, space and time (astral travel, out of body experience) and manipulate the matter and energy with this projection with a completely open and working Ajna (Brow Bhakra, the center of Consciousness, which translates to 'command'). My main argument of the Hindu system is they believe their Pranic (subtle) bodies are their Spirit/Soul, where I consider the Pranic body the astral or etheric bodies and the Spirit the force, feeling and inspiration of will and the Soul that very essence of a person beyond space-time, matter and energy. Depending on your beliefs your soul is either your Higher Self or your connection to God, they each relate to the Sahasrara (Crown chakra, means 'one thousand petals'). When your Sahasrara is open all other Chakras are open and working in complete harmony with your true nature/connection to God/dess.

I would relate the Spirit to the VIshuddhu (Throat Chakra, means 'purification') and the Soul to the Crown Chakra.

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

September 22, 2013, 08:38:27 AM
Reply #6

Mars

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Radonis
    • View Profile
Scientifically our Consciousness is just a collection of our biological functions.
Do you mean that scientific truth is different from psionic truth? Or do you mean that science only allegedly says that?

I would go by allegedly as I have no solid proof for my theory. All I believe is that It has a logical coherence to me that makes sense and thats why I believe it. Also terminology is something that is difficult for me as I have traveled between many societies and different outlooks and have come across many of the same terminology used for different things.

September 22, 2013, 09:47:24 PM
Reply #7

The magicist

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Quote from: Mind_Bender
My idea of consciousness stems from the Chakra system- (from groin to crown)- Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Ether, Consciousness, Divinity. As each Chakra is opened we become masters over those aspects (Siddhis) such as physical immortality of a completely open and working Muladhara (Root Chakra, literally means 'root' or 'base') or the ability to move your sensual perception across matter, energy, space and time (astral travel, out of body experience) and manipulate the matter and energy with this projection with a completely open and working Ajna (Brow Bhakra, the center of Consciousness, which translates to 'command'). My main argument of the Hindu system is they believe their Pranic (subtle) bodies are their Spirit/Soul, where I consider the Pranic body the astral or etheric bodies and the Spirit the force, feeling and inspiration of will and the Soul that very essence of a person beyond space-time, matter and energy. Depending on your beliefs your soul is either your Higher Self or your connection to God, they each relate to the Sahasrara (Crown chakra, means 'one thousand petals'). When your Sahasrara is open all other Chakras are open and working in complete harmony with your true nature/connection to God/dess.
I would relate the Spirit to the VIshuddhu (Throat Chakra, means 'purification') and the Soul to the Crown Chakra.
This seems a little overcomplex. Where do you get all these terms, and all the counter-intuitive concpets of chakras nd such? I am interested to hear the implied metaphysics explained in more detail.

September 22, 2013, 11:31:09 PM
Reply #8

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
What is counter intuitive?

The Chakras are from the Hindu mystical system and the terms are Sanskrit (Religious Hindu Language). They relate to the seven major glands in the body (and the organs) that produce various chemicals that help the body align with basic health and once this is achieved they secrete refined chemicals that are the cause of metaphysical ability. One viewpoint is the Chakras open by Divine Grace and/or spiritual merit but others believe by balancing the body, emotion and mind these power centers open causing 'metaphysical' ability since they are natural attributes of the complete human- attributes we forget or give over to higher or mysterious powers (Gods, spirits, etc).  

Each Chakra represents an Element and these elemental aspects of the Chakras can be tapped into for healing or spiritual evolution. Each element represents a different aspect of intelligence, emotion, bodily health, energy level and state in life. Each Chakra has a deity, color, sound, symbol and specific spiritual function so they can act as magical tools. For example, you can relate the Chakras to the 7 Holy Angels, the Chariot Trump (number 7), Leviathan (Seven Headed Dragon of WIsdom), etc, although this is obviously outside of the Hindu paradigm and more in line with Eclectic or Chaos magic. According to older Hindu and Vedic texts each Chakra that is opened gifts the practitioner with certain spiritual functions. When all seven Chakras are open you have attained the state of Saddhu (Perfect Being) and have attained one or all of the Eight Major Siddhis (Powers) or Thirty-Two Minor Siddhis (many of them are similar to kinetic abilities), although the attainment of Siddhi is usually frowned upon because they believe it causes damage to the spirit because of too much ego- Nirvana/Enlightenment is the goal, not magical ability. The Chakras run along the spine and the energy that passes through them and empowers them is called Shakti or Kundalini (depending on your school, although Shakti usually denotes all aspects of feminine power [the highest Divine power in most Hindu schools] and Kundalini denotes the energy that travels up the spine opening and refreshing the Chakras).

A bija (seed sound- a very powerful one or two syllable word of spiritual power) or moola mantra (foundational chant/prayer) is chanted for each Chakra with a specific mudra (hand posture), asana (body posture), pranayama (breathing technique), yantra (visualization of deity or symbol) and vipasana (insight meditation), give or take a few practices depending on the school. A lot of New Age schools relate the Chakras to the subtle bodies- the Root Chakra is the Physical body, the Navel Chakra is the Etheric or Electric Body, the Solar Plexus Chakra the Astral Body, etc. This means that when a Chakra is out of balance or damaged so is a part of your aura and vice versa and this causes all sorts of ill health because this means your Soul is sick (certain Hindus believe your aura body is your Soul). Others believe the Chakras, although they relate to the body, their natural functions and attributes lay outside of the confines of space and time, thus are beyond human comprehension and trying to open these higher aspects is like trying to open a master lock with a wet tissue because they will open in their own time, but mastering them in this physio-energetic realm is important so we can soon align with the Chakras in their highest respects.

This is only a very brief outline of Chakras because there is so much to the Hindu systems but if you incorporate the Chakras into your personal practice they can open up new and intriguing doors into your own spiritual practice and progression. Just to note, it isn't all that complicated once you practice it for a bit, just like anything new.

September 27, 2013, 12:56:47 AM
Reply #9

The magicist

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Interesting, thanks for explaining. I find it odd though how a physical part of the spine could have something directly to do with spiritual stuff.

September 27, 2013, 02:31:25 AM
Reply #10

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I would imagine it's because the spine is basically the nervous system so all electromagnetic impulses (neurons) fire from the brain to   the spine throughout the rest of your physical and energetic internal systems. Spinal tapping (taking fluid samples from the spine) often causes flashbacks (acid memories) from LSD users, so the spinal system is strongly connected to the pineal and pituiatry glands in the brain, the two glands said to cause psychic flashes and out right hallucinations (that some could consider being visions). The pineal gland holds DMT, the 'God Molecule', which is the chemical that causes spiritual insight, shaman visions, and all sorts of altered states of consciousness. It's basically a chemical of spirituality, not to mention DMT resides in almost all life on planet Earth.

Control of your hallucinations through visualization, body and breath work (mysticism, mediumship and sorcery) you could, theoretically, connect your DMT output (hallucination) to that of another person, animal or plant, thus causing metaphysical change. It's like sympathetic magic where DMT is the connecting agent of your will to your desire. This is obviously beyond just brain-to-spine electric current but could help explain the Siddhis (magical powers), at least on a molecular level. Rupart Sheldrake talks about what he calls the 'Morphogenetic field' that is similar to this idea if you're intereted in the connection between biology and psychic energy.

September 27, 2013, 04:30:15 AM
Reply #11

Mars

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Radonis
    • View Profile
I would imagine it's because the spine is basically the nervous system so all electromagnetic impulses (neurons) fire from the brain to   the spine throughout the rest of your physical and energetic internal systems. Spinal tapping (taking fluid samples from the spine) often causes flashbacks (acid memories) from LSD users, so the spinal system is strongly connected to the pineal and pituiatry glands in the brain, the two glands said to cause psychic flashes and out right hallucinations (that some could consider being visions). The pineal gland holds DMT, the 'God Molecule', which is the chemical that causes spiritual insight, shaman visions, and all sorts of altered states of consciousness. It's basically a chemical of spirituality, not to mention DMT resides in almost all life on planet Earth.

Exactly, without some form of physical component to psi or magic it wouldn't work, It has to interact with us on some level, maybe DMT is the buffer between our physical conciouss and our higher conciouss ?

September 27, 2013, 08:59:27 AM
Reply #12

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
1. Soul -The energetic/non-energetic spiritual being that makes us outside our body our immortal component.
2. Mind - sometimes seen as a byproduct of our Soul or rather the thing controlling our soul.
3. Aura - Our energetic field that manifests spiritually mainly sometimes slightly physically.
5. Body - - biological vessel which we reside in.

Eg this, or also BODY-SPIRIT-SOUL or Elements (Fire as The Will, Water as the digestion, Air as the breathing and Earth as the body).
Another one is Mechanic man (digestive and automatic systems), Animalistic man (Fulfilling desires), Intellectual man (Honing new skills and ideas, but rather in theoretic way) and Man of Will, one that is able to do the hard physical work and achieve whatever he wants.

Important thing is that all of these concepts are both right and wrong at the same time. You know, this split of human being, whether it is on the mechanic/animalistic/etc or body/mind/spirit, is just an academic split, simplification used to explain certain processes. In fact you would hardly find any borders between your body and your soul, they are seamlessly merged together, take a following example:
Take a pure, white light, it's just white, right? You can actually split the white light into the 7 colors of rainbow with a suitable piece of glass.

Now, if you spread these 7 color across about 40 miles, you would hardly know where one  colors ends and the other one starts, unless you were very very high to observe these, but if you were observing the colors on the ground, eg by walk or in the car, it would always seem to be just one color to you, the transition would be so smooth that you would think the color doesn't change.

September 27, 2013, 02:04:02 PM
Reply #13

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
No, hallucinations are not psychic visions. No, the pineal gland doesn't cause psychic anything. And, no, psi doesn't require a physical component since, by its nature, it is not physical.

Check out almost any study on DMT and they will tell you the DMT hallucinations and psychic visions go hand in hand (along with cases of magic mushrooms, ayhuasca, peyote, etc). The pineal gland is rife with studies on psychic phenomena. Sure it might be a little new age, but I have had results messing with my pineal gland. I can't argue psi since I do not practice it a very high degree.

No, Rupert Sheldrake doesn't say any of that. What you are saying isn't part of his concept of a morphogenetic field(if you disagree, please include a citation that directly references this).

For one I said similar and was referring to the exchange of molecules not hallucinations (made by DMT molecules), and molecules are biological, no? By addressing psychic phenomena of any kind through a biological framework it only makes sense to incorporate psychokinetic/metamorphic change.

September 27, 2013, 03:12:22 PM
Reply #14

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Like I said, it's a bit New Age, so science plays little part. Even so, whatever they are referring to as the pineal gland has caused psychic experience for me. I know the difference between hallucination and psychic vision but many use the word hallucination to explain psychic vision in a way they understand it. That's all I meant.

I haven't much else to say because I am not a scientist, but DMT is stll argued to cause psychic experience, at least according to Richard Strassman and his team.