Author Topic: God of Chaos?  (Read 2897 times)

September 13, 2013, 02:16:53 AM
Read 2897 times

silverwolfcrystal

• View Profile
I am searching for the "God of Chaos?" I was told that was who he was, but he never gave me a name. All I know of him is he has long straight silver hair.

Any ideas?

September 13, 2013, 03:12:39 AM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I don't imagine a 'God of Chaos' would have one particular form, so he probably came to you in a form that you would feel comfortable with or would be inspired by in some fashion.

Long, straight silver hair could mean a number of things. Straight hair might represent a straight forward attitude, or a 'smooth' understanding of universal and taboo principles. Silver is a very powerful color and metal and has been for ages. It is the color associated with the moon, so maybe you should contact him on the next full moon or he is a representation of the moons power and ancient mysteries.

Your interpretations and intuition should be your primary tool kit, with a little traveling through myths, legends and scriptures.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

September 13, 2013, 07:05:48 AM
Reply #2

EllyEve

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
"Chaos" is a Greek word, meaning emptiness. "Tarakhe" was the word for "disorder" until Hesiod used the term chaos for that about 700 B.C.

But basically, I'm guessing it's one of the Greek protogenoi.

There are trickster deities in every culture. The unverified personal gnosis of Loki from Norse mythology has it that he's ginger, but the mythos says he's a shapeshifter. The Biblical Lucifer came from the Latin "lux" and "ferre" meaning "bringer of light" and while most unverified personal gnosis or even fictional portrayals make him golden blond, I wouldn't be surprised if he were a little brighter than that to some people's perception. The Biblical description of angels concentrate more on their blinding white laundry, though.

It could also be someone that's not in mythology.

September 13, 2013, 12:57:15 PM
Reply #3

silverwolfcrystal

• View Profile
Thank you both, i'm looking into both of your answers, again thank you =)

October 01, 2013, 08:33:52 AM
Reply #4

Shadowx089

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Out of curiosity, can a God of Chaos even maintain its existence? 

Wouldn't it just tear itself apart quickly, since it isn't able to maintain order not even in itself?

Wouldn't be much of a God of Chaos if it existence had order to it.
Comfort of the Lord, comforted by God.
If nothing existed but the Source and the Source - Created everything - Is the Creation from the Source? - If the Creation can behold intelligence - Then does the Source also have intelligence? - After all - The Source was far more than its Creation.

October 01, 2013, 11:59:00 AM
Reply #5

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Like EllyEve said chaos is from the Greek khaos meaning 'void, empty, or abyss' so technically the God of Chaos would be the abysmal dragons such as Tiamat, Leviathan, Typhon, etc, and not a sporadic emanation of divine light that has no cohesion. Chaos is the abtract pool of all potential, according to Greek mythology and Chaos Magicians, usually identified as the dragon for its mystery, fear and mystic attributes.

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

October 30, 2013, 12:13:08 PM
Reply #6

Shadowx089

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
You do realized you described a mystical being, and then identified it with a mystical being.

However, I agree that it would be void..after all a God of Chaos cannot even sustain itself or anything so, therefore it doesn't exist, for it cannot exist. It can't even be worshiped or used. Its literally as useful as an empty void of space.
Comfort of the Lord, comforted by God.
If nothing existed but the Source and the Source - Created everything - Is the Creation from the Source? - If the Creation can behold intelligence - Then does the Source also have intelligence? - After all - The Source was far more than its Creation.

October 30, 2013, 04:51:37 PM
Reply #7

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I am searching for the "God of Chaos?" I was told that was who he was, but he never gave me a name. All I know of him is he has long straight silver hair.

Any ideas?
A month and a half, and nobody links Sephiroth? I'm not sure whether to say "Shame on you all" or "Good job on not fanwhoring, everyone!" :P

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

October 30, 2013, 05:00:46 PM
Reply #8

Constructman

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Nothing to read here
    • View Profile
You do realized you described a mystical being, and then identified it with a mystical being.

However, I agree that it would be void..after all a God of Chaos cannot even sustain itself or anything so, therefore it doesn't exist, for it cannot exist. It can't even be worshiped or used. Its literally as useful as an empty void of space.

You do realize that Mindbender may have been using a different (read: OLD) definition of "chaos"? He made a pretty good description in his post.

October 31, 2013, 01:35:38 AM
Reply #9

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Out of curiosity, can a God of Chaos even maintain its existence? 

Wouldn't it just tear itself apart quickly, since it isn't able to maintain order not even in itself?

Wouldn't be much of a God of Chaos if it existence had order to it.

If chaos means violence, randomness and nihilism (which is a better, though slightly different, definition for the etymological root of chaos) as we know today, you could be right. On the other hand, I read somewhere and it makes sense, that demons are collections of suffering and angry souls formed as one conscious, thus 'Satan' would be a God of Chaos since demons hardly take orders from anyone or anything. The same applies to any violent, rebellious and blood thirsty deity, but chaos translated as void gives rise to the notion of potential, such as found in Daoist and Hindu cosmogony also similar to the Qabalistic idea of Ain/Soph/Aur.

The Greeks antropomorphised Chaos as the father of Erebus (Darkness) and Nyx (Night) who are the parents of Somnus (Sleep), Ceres (Violent Justice), Nemesis (Destroyer of Enemies), Chiron (Ferryman), Oneriaes (Dreams) among others. This is Chaos with a form and function- a resevoir and generator of potential that gives rise to new potential.

October 31, 2013, 03:14:56 AM
Reply #10

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Shadowx089: Chaos is just an order that we cannot comprehend ;-)

November 04, 2013, 04:24:08 PM
Reply #11

dravis

• View Profile
Of possible note, Discordians worship the greek goddess of chaos and discord, Eris. In Latin her name is Discordia.

And they believe that order is just chaos that we can understand. ;)

November 06, 2013, 03:18:42 PM
Reply #12

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Discordianism isn't so much about understandable chaos but a mockery of religious and initiatory schools through the archetype of Eris and Absolute Truths such as avoid of eating the Bun on a Friday. Only the hot-dog shall be partaken of... FNORD!