Author Topic: Why Did God Create Us?  (Read 17806 times)

July 02, 2013, 01:05:43 AM
Reply #15

RanmaBushiko

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Ki Researcher
    • View Profile
Some days I suspect it's because God has a sense of humor, and that our lives are God's entertainment, myself.  The worst days, at least.  Other days, I think it's because God wanted to see if we could become one just like Him, too.

Does it really matter, though?
An old Radki user, still working to refine how it was originally taught.  I've been studying since 1998, for 15 years of the stuff.

I've worked as a mentor online on AIM and MSN for the past 10 years of that time, as well.

If you want to ask me about Astral Projection, Radki, or anything else, I'll give you advice.

July 02, 2013, 01:41:59 AM
Reply #16

somnium

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Seeking to know the mind of God is important to me. I wish to be like my maker, and to know His will.

July 02, 2013, 03:09:41 AM
Reply #17

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
We all know God is an alien who drank some dna dissolving goo. As his body broke down, he fell into the ocean and create all life.  :rolleyes:

Or it's a collection of being who's sole purpose is to manipulate us. Just to figure out how we tick.

All kidding aside, we exist. Is that not enough?

July 02, 2013, 03:23:47 AM
Reply #18

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
I tend to agree with Somnium. If we were created to serve some sort of purpose, I would like to serve it. (Mind you, not blindly). If a God DID create us, and put us here to learn, I would very much  like to learn, and become more like said God.

At this point, I have yet to find such a purpose, so I also very much agree with everyone saying "Who needs a purpose?"

Many thanks. I am enjoying all of your answers.

Edit: It is worth saying that I am not opposed to Akenu's answer. :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:28:37 AM by Rhetorices »
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

July 02, 2013, 03:29:37 AM
Reply #19

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Rhetorices: If God created you for some purpose, it would be natural for you to follow this purpose without you needing to find it out.
All I am saying is that you probably already do follow your plan without really knowing it. It took me a while to figure out what my purpose was but when I noticed, it made sense.

July 03, 2013, 02:20:27 PM
Reply #20

somnium

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I believe that if God were to command us to follow His will then we would. As it stands in my books God has gifted us with a very powerful tool, that of choice. We can choose to listen or we can choose not to. It is up to us to ask, or to seek the way we are seeking.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:43:13 PM by somnium »

September 06, 2013, 10:24:41 AM
Reply #21

Shadowx089

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
As a Servant of the Lord,

Its kinda hard to explain what are true purpose is for existing really is. Even if Yahweh didn't exist we would still have a hard time saying what is our purpose for existing.

For me I know a few things, Yahweh has created many beings and each for an unknown reason. To be honest, it may be Yahweh's nature to create and to love its creations. But as for humans we are the only creatures in existence that have ever been created in the image of Yahweh. But to back track a bit to why we exist at all, I would have to refer to the Angelic Race (My idea of saying Angels). Yahweh is the father of all creation and Angels were one of the few races that he enjoyed very much as his own. It wasn't until the fall of Lucifer and the war that Yahweh was taken back in his feelings and hurt.

This is where the Human Race begins, Yahweh intended the Human Race to be replacements for the Angels. From this point in time, the Human purpose is to be higher than even the Angels themselves. We are also regarded as the true heirs of the Throne Of God but we don't fully understand that meaning. By the Word of God it is written that those who make it to heaven will make the Angels gasp in shock and awe by the stories we tell them about what it was like on Earth.

Now that's pretty much why we exist and our purpose, but we don't know the full story of why it is the way it is right now or what we will do when its over and complete.

As a side note:
The powers Lucifer actually has that was given to him by Yahweh is not clear. But this world is like a filter between the two. Lucifer has the ability to influence mankind. So does Yahweh, both can punish and both can reward but only one offers ever lasting life and entry into the kingdom of heaven. As far as i know Lucifer has never made such an offer to mankind. It is very possible that Lucifer is not allowed to Lie in Direct Context to what is being referred too.
Comfort of the Lord, comforted by God.
If nothing existed but the Source and the Source - Created everything - Is the Creation from the Source? - If the Creation can behold intelligence - Then does the Source also have intelligence? - After all - The Source was far more than its Creation.

September 06, 2013, 07:40:36 PM
Reply #22

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
This is where the Human Race begins, Yahweh intended the Human Race to be replacements for the Angels. From this point in time, the Human purpose is to be higher than even the Angels themselves. We are also regarded as the true heirs of the Throne Of God but we don't fully understand that meaning. By the Word of God it is written that those who make it to heaven will make the Angels gasp in shock and awe by the stories we tell them about what it was like on Earth.
Hi there, Shadowx. You say a bunch of potentially controversial stuff, and I was just curious what is your source for this kind of information?

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

September 07, 2013, 08:57:47 AM
Reply #23

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
You could spend a lifetime contemplating why were here. Yet you'd come out of it with more questions and very few answers.

September 07, 2013, 06:36:08 PM
Reply #24

Shadowx089

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Hi there, Shadowx. You say a bunch of potentially controversial stuff, and I was just curious what is your source for this kind of information?

~Steve

A source of information that explains, my explanation for my story, trying to explain why we are were created by God?  Oh yes I can see this is going to go down well. No matter how hard I try.

Modernism: I could quote scriptures,

"Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Romans 8:17 NIV

"Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!" 1 Corinthians 6:3 NIV

"Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" Hebrews 1:14 NIV

"It was revealed to them that their service when they spoke about these things was not for their own benefit, but for yours. And these same things have now been proclaimed to you by those who communicated the Good News to you through the Ruach HaKodesh sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things!" 1 Peter 1:12 CJB

Did it work? If it did stop reading here.

Premodernism: Perhaps I should say it was given to me by the Lord in this manner after I started to devote my self and reach for Him?

If this is good enough for you then stop here...

Postmodernism: Or you know, I could say that both are true and I as a human used my intuition and relational and spiritual Truths to construct the explanation you demand source for. Which if that is the case, how can I even provide a source good enough to satisfy you and one that would be truly understandable in your eyes? Everything that I am would have had to taken place in you.

Or maybe...

We should listen to what God says,
"Why do you dwell on trying to know things you cannot possibly understand, everything will be revealed when you are with me, for now, "Focus", grow in faith and get closer to me, pray for your brothers and sister that are far away from me, time is short, don't you see I am coming, I am coming sooner than you think."

Comfort of the Lord, comforted by God.
If nothing existed but the Source and the Source - Created everything - Is the Creation from the Source? - If the Creation can behold intelligence - Then does the Source also have intelligence? - After all - The Source was far more than its Creation.

September 07, 2013, 09:52:39 PM
Reply #25

The magicist

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Here's my take:
 God is a being of purpose, of construction and expansion. He (it? I don't know) wants to have other souls like himself. Other virtuous souls.
 So God created time and space. He/it made some creatures, whose essence were immaterial, spiritual, so as to resemble their creator. God would have just started them in a state of complete virtue, but since virtue is defined as patterns of benevolent action, virtue had to thus be freely chosen. That is, by definition we couldn't have virtue unless we had done actions exhibitive of it.
 So he needed put us in a situation with intense pressure to do wrong, so that we could defy this pressure. Only then would we have virtue. So God created bodies and gave the souls power to control them (the way we do this is technically magic, magic being a umbrella term for any action of the soul on a physical system). He put suffering in this world, to provide the pressure. When humans invented sin, all the better. Not because God wanted us to sin, but it would be more effective if the evil we were surrounded by was moral evil, stemming from sapient spirits.
 Our purpose is therefore to become virtue prodigies, and I intend to fulfill this purpose.
Do not become comfortable with the purposeless pattern of everyday life, for the life of Piety is full of adventure.
Do not indulge in morbid or otherwise abhorrent thoughts, for a mindset of Mysticism confers a far superior pleasure.
Do not fear to sacrifice a small good to accomplish a larger one, for the ends justify the means.
Do not obsess with material things, for only the immaterial exis

September 08, 2013, 07:02:52 AM
Reply #26

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Let's say that all we're doing is possessing some poor upright animal (human). That god is nothing like this animal and our true nature is nothing like this animal. Due to our spirit nature and the human bodies animal nature you have a duality. This causes the illusion of conflict with the operation interface. Consciousness vs. Instinct. Giving that self-control and self-mastery are at the forefront of most meta practices. Controlling the animal nature give our spirit more freedom in this world. I mean we could keep thinking god is like us or we could think that god is nothing like us. Trusting old religious books and "gurus" with subjective truths. Doesn't make it/them right.

September 09, 2013, 11:47:20 PM
Reply #27

The magicist

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Quote from: BubbaFett
You could spend a lifetime contemplating why were here. Yet you'd come out of it with more questions and very few answers.
It's been about 90-95% short of a lifetime since I started looking for answers, and I've found quite a few.
Also I have to commend Somnium and Rhetorices on their desire for answers. My growing hatred for this sense of purposelessness is part of what led me to the truth.
Do not become comfortable with the purposeless pattern of everyday life, for the life of Piety is full of adventure.
Do not indulge in morbid or otherwise abhorrent thoughts, for a mindset of Mysticism confers a far superior pleasure.
Do not fear to sacrifice a small good to accomplish a larger one, for the ends justify the means.
Do not obsess with material things, for only the immaterial exis

September 10, 2013, 03:03:34 AM
Reply #28

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
If you feel purposeless, the give your life meaning. Whatever that means to you. Not everyone has a desire to know why we are here. My desire is to leave this ball of dirt a little better after I die. Too many fools wanting to destroy this planet. As for truth, well that's a subjective thing especially in metaphysics.

September 10, 2013, 11:36:19 AM
Reply #29

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I honestly don't believe in one almighty creator- have we forgotten that little thing called evolution? I think evolution after a melding of star dust created us and our only purpose is to give ourselves a purpose. There is no divine virtue we need to reach towards, no human instincts we are supposed to supress and deny as normal, and no heavenly loft after merit has been gathered. Merit seeking is a sure ticket to self-delusion and egomania. In other words, mysterious friction and evolution work together, since the beginning of form and function.

Since I don't believe in a divine creation or plan, it is our purpose to define and give meaning to the mysterious and meld that world with our physical world. We should not have to reach so high and spend so much time trying to become servants of puritan tension and dogmatic ignorance when all the bounty, power and peace are quite easy to accomplish, although fleeting for some of us. This is the beauty of throwing out the dogma and defining god and existence for yourself- you are not torn down by others perceptions and are not guided by anothers light but by your own experience. Be educated not indoctrinated.

If there is a Creator I think this is the Creator's purpose for us- forget the creator so we can be our own individual expressions with freedom from constraint of outdated spirituality, laws, morals and ethics.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."