Author Topic: Why Did God Create Us?  (Read 17815 times)

March 30, 2013, 08:00:17 PM
Read 17815 times

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
So, in this thread, I'd like for anyone who believes in some sort of Deity (and wants to post about it) to share why they believe said Deity created us (or the Universe, or whatever). Conventional answers being unconvincing, I'm hoping for some interesting thoughts.  :)

Also, I'll accept sarcastic answers from the less religiously-inclined, but only if they're damn funny.   :wink:
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

March 30, 2013, 09:35:46 PM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Our bodies are God's poops and our words are his farts. We're God's shit and gas, basically...  :-X  :HA!:

Honestly if some deity did invent us, I think it was experimenting and upon the first impression we seemed pretty good. Curious, obedient, playful. But as time went on, something went horribly. terribly wrong. We started thinking for ourselves. We stopped listening to it. We stopped hearing it, so we couldn't listen. As afew more of us began to run around naked, we started running into the opposite sex, and bing, bang, boom! More and more of us little creatures started popping up here and there, then everywhere. We stopped respecting the rest of creation, only living by our selfish standards, we started to believe we were it (God) and even treated others like us as less. War started. And on and on, and now here we are! Questioning it's existence- what is is, where it came from, why it created us.

A long story short, it created us because it was bored of itself and wanted something to play with.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

March 31, 2013, 06:43:41 AM
Reply #2

Tempest Desh

• Veritas Furniture

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Wannabe Techno-Dervish and Court-Fool-In-Training
    • View Profile
That's an interesting question. I'll take a stab at it, though I'm not sure if I can completely answer it. As a Muslim, I've heard at least two answers to said question, both of which can be, at a deeper level be understood as one and the same answer (perhaps two different ways of saying the same thing?). I've heard that we were created to worship God. The other, more detailed or perhaps esoteric answer was that we were created to strive to attain the level of viceregent of God, through the various means presented to us, whether through outward or inward means. In doing so, we end up turning our lives into a constant cycle of affirming God and denying base instincts/inclinations (not the natural ones, but those that are in violation of the Sacred Law, etc.) and thus actualize the divine names of God within ourselves and thus grow closer to Him, becoming (without any sort of anthropomorphic interpretation or understanding of this) more and more godly/godlike/divine, till we reach the state of Insan-e-Kamil or Perfected Human Being, also referred to as the state of Khalifat (note this is not referring to some politcal state of affairs but an inward spiritual station). Thus, in doing so, we take up our place in the Divine Order of Things so to speak. This probably sounds a lot like what Aleister Crowley spoke of in his writings on Thelema (the concept of finding out and doing one's True Will), which shouldn't be surprising, given his travels in, exposure to, and training in the exoteric and esoteric sciences of Islam and his attitude that: "The tenets of Islam, correctly interpreted, are not far from our Way of Life and Light and Love and Liberty." I believe that's from his Commentary on the Liber vel Legis (and yes, I know that he felt that Islam, like the other paths before Thelema, was/is incomplete, etc...but he did also have a great deal of respect for it and it's closeness in understanding to his own path of Thelema). Just thought I might quote an authority such as him, to give something of a frame/point of reference for the more magickally inclined here. Anywho, that's just my two cents...

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh
"Appear as you are. Be as you appear." - Mawlana Rumi (ra)

April 04, 2013, 11:18:08 AM
Reply #3

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
In order to perfect perfection.
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

April 04, 2013, 01:39:34 PM
Reply #4

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Well, since I'm somewhat part of the Christian paradigm, I'll post what the bible says: YHWH created us to 1) in the first creation story, it was given to man to govern over the various living things, and 2) in the second creation story, Adam was specifically tasked with tending to the garden of eden. Then when Adam and Eve got thrown out of the garden of eden, we didn't really have a specific purpose/goal anymore, and we just kind of went from there.

I think is quite possibly why people generally care so much about both "free will" AND "obedience to a higher power", where humans can play both roles of "being powerful" and "being obedient". It would also explain why we are all so lost on this planet, even though we've come so far and "mastered" so many elements, and why we flounder about looking for a purpose to replace the one that we no longer have.

Apart from what any given religion might say, I don't have any other knowledge of why humans might have been created (assuming we were created, as opposed to evolved).

~Steve
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 01:45:25 PM by Steve »
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

April 04, 2013, 06:08:21 PM
Reply #5

ThePhoenix13

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Reborn
    • View Profile
    • The Divine Science
To know Himself.
thedivinescience.org

April 06, 2013, 11:42:14 AM
Reply #6

Shamati

• View Profile
I'm a christian so I believe God created man to be His "co-workers" in creation. Much like the Angels with the difference that man has free will. I think it all went wrong when we actually started to identify with our own created thoughts and ideas.  The goal is for us to be divinized

April 08, 2013, 09:48:14 PM
Reply #7

bgbleep

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    adoi quei vanktus varroc
    • View Profile
    • Myspace (Non Veritas Related)
Define God and that will probably help you answer the question.
The journey of life begins alone and ends alone.

May 20, 2013, 07:28:45 AM
Reply #8

Ivan

• Settling In

• View Profile
Define God and that will probably help you answer the question.

This was clearly left open to different interpretations. Why not just give an answer, and contribute?

So, in this thread, I'd like for anyone who believes in some sort of Deity (and wants to post about it) to share why they believe said Deity created us (or the Universe, or whatever). Conventional answers being unconvincing, I'm hoping for some interesting thoughts.  :)

Also, I'll accept sarcastic answers from the less religiously-inclined, but only if they're damn funny.   :wink:

I believe we ourselves have trademarks of divinity, and by this I mean the universe is the only deity out there which includes all of the universe ( Seen & unseen ). We have to remember that we are limited to our senses, and that the majority of truth lay beyond them. In the end, we have been created because over time the universe willed us into existence... which is like saying we have willed ourselves into existence, as the very material we are made from formed to its current state under its own intent (its own, as being part of the universe).

If I were asked this again tomorrow, I may answer it differently.
As of now however, this is my thought.

May 20, 2013, 08:46:55 PM
Reply #9

Feint

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
The answer is, why did we create ourselves??? We are just spirits in a body made of some material called skin. We are connected like a plug to it. We take care of our bodies because it is our way of acting through it. We aren't even physical anyways. Everything is vibrating. You could pass through a wall if you wanted to, you just need vibrate a little higher. In the end, I look at myself from above as I am now below. I watch myself as I go through the days in this organic material. It is nothing but walking skin which is what I feel we are. We are riding in vehicles everyday. Of course, this is my opinion and everyone has different judgments that will likewise be your own experience because, after all, we are all God, just living in a world with duality where good and evil exist. Where I am, time and space cease and there is no such duality. I see further than the horizon and travel at the speed of mind. I am one and nothing and all.

May 21, 2013, 12:23:20 PM
Reply #10

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
Rather a loaded question?

And conceited to assume one is correct!

If you notice I have changed my subject heading to meet a universal audience.

So; Why where we created?

Perhaps it was as Darwin suggested or the ancient alien theorists put forward or maybe it was a deity of supreme origin? 

No one can say but what can be said is that something's just don't fit, like why that evolutionary gap still exists or how did the Egyptian's know about the battery and the light bulb or what was before: before? Each has it's fore's and against and I'm sorry but even my scale of probability cannot distinguish  a front runner

Searcher
With love and peace because which ever you chose never loose the with love and peace!
We can look but do we see and we can listen but do we hear? So what gets in the way?
👂u have to say because I don't do hints👂

May 22, 2013, 08:46:07 AM
Reply #11

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I cannot believe that no one said this:
"FOR THE LULZ".

May 23, 2013, 03:22:28 AM
Reply #12

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
you mean like this?......how simple is it to post a jpg?

We can look but do we see and we can listen but do we hear? So what gets in the way?
👂u have to say because I don't do hints👂

July 01, 2013, 09:02:55 PM
Reply #13

somnium

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I believe God creates us in his image, to perpetuate awareness into infinity. We are made so to complete the cycle that is life. When we die our lives return to a source of potential, that of life and of death. Our cycle is two ways, succeeding and receding. In each way we accomplish more, and as a result add to the collective of Infinity. Just as the universe expands and collapses so do our lives, enrichening itself in the process. Our lives fulfill that which is time itself. In the process of one life becoming an infinite number of potential realities, we succeed in all things. For every action has an equal and opposite reaction. This creates in Life an Infinite number of possibilities. A prime potential. Death being the reaper of Life, the harvest, makes the end result of all lives in a single point in time. Death being the ultimate completion of Life. The cycle creates eternal manifestations of potential life. Therefor Life has perpetuated itself into Infinity.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 01:56:42 AM by somnium »

July 01, 2013, 09:40:32 PM
Reply #14

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
I alone don't know.

Does it matter?

Mu.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.